Main Menu

Demons off season/trade thread

Started by Barra13, September 08, 2015, 11:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra13

Not sure how true this is, but;

QuoteWriting live from the trade room where a massive development is occurring. I can exclusively confirm that the Melbourne Football Club is in fact looking to secure the services of injury-plagued key forward John Butcher from Port Adelaide. Talks for the promising forward have been at a stalemate, with Port Adelaide demanding a second round pick and a player (Jack Trengove and Jay Kennedy-Harris were thrown into discussions), with Melbourne believing a second round pick alone would be appropriate.

:-\

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on October 12, 2015, 02:16:50 PM

QuoteWriting live from the trade room where a massive development is occurring. I can exclusively confirm that the Melbourne Football Club is in fact looking to secure the services of injury-plagued key forward John Butcher from Port Adelaide. Talks for the promising forward have been at a stalemate, with Port Adelaide demanding a second round pick and a player (Jack Trengove and Jay Kennedy-Harris were thrown into discussions), with Melbourne believing a second round pick alone would be appropriate.

I don't believe for a second that that is true.

I'm not even worried, the bull shower is high in that rumour.

Barra13

Jeremy Howe has requested a trade.

Source: Jay Clark twitter.

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on October 12, 2015, 02:42:41 PM
Jeremy Howe has requested a trade.

Source: Jay Clark twitter.

Can't say I'm not disappointed. The guy was a pleasure to watch... in moments.

Won't lose any sleep over it, though.

TomK

Quote from: Barra13 on October 12, 2015, 02:16:50 PM

If I was Port, I'd be taking the 2nd round pick and run.

Barra13

Until that deal can be resolved, the Power aren't prepared to seriously consider a trade for Melbourne midfielder Jimmy Toumpas.

AFL.com.au understands the Demons would be prepared to accept Port Adelaide's pick No.29 for the 21-year-old, who played 27 games for Melbourne after being selection No.4 at the 2012 NAB AFL Draft.

However Port must wait to see what transpires with Dixon before turning their full attention to the Toumpas deal.

The Demons are still awaiting a decision on utility Jeremy Howe, who is considering offers from the Suns and North Melbourne, and remain hopeful of gaining Essendon's Jake Melksham and Greater Western Sydney defender Tom Bugg.

The Demons' chances of gaining Collingwood's Ben Kennedy have drifted in recent days with the original hopes he may be caught up in a three-way trade involving Melbourne, Collingwood and Port Adelaide dashed.

Kennedy is contracted and the expectations of the Demons and the Magpies are a fair way apart at this stage. Circumstances could change depending on Howe's preferred destination.

AFL.com.au understands the Magpies have not expressed interest in either of Port Adelaide's midfielders Aaron Young or Moore.

North Melbourne midfielder Ryan Bastinac has attracted interest from rival clubs led by the Brisbane Lions and Melbourne, but has yet to request a trade.

Bastinac shaped as one of North's most promising midfielders in his first four seasons at Arden Street, finishing eighth in the Roos' 2012 best and fairest award and sixth in 2013.

However, he struggled to adapt to a more outside role last year and was dropped four times in 2015 before missing North's entire finals campaign.

The 24-year-old is contracted until the end of 2017, so the Lions, Demons and any other interested clubs will have to make North a compelling offer for the midfielder.

Barra13

Potential Scenario:
Melbourne give: Pick 6 + Pick 25 + Howe
Gold Coast give: Pick 3 + Pick 19

Melbourne give: Toumpas
Port give: Pick 29

Melbourne give: Pick 29
Essendon give: Melksham

Leaves us with: Pick 3 (improved from 6), Pick 19 (improved from 25), Pick 40 (use this on Menegola from WA for example given lack of depth in draft)
Upgrade Vandenberg with a late pick
Gain: Melksham
Lose: Howe and Toumpas

T Dog

Quote from: Barra13 on October 14, 2015, 12:26:27 PM
Potential Scenario:
Melbourne give: Pick 6 + Pick 25 + Howe
Gold Coast give: Pick 3 + Pick 19

Melbourne give: Toumpas
Port give: Pick 29

Melbourne give: Pick 29
Essendon give: Melksham

Leaves us with: Pick 3 (improved from 6), Pick 19 (improved from 25), Pick 40 (use this on Menegola from WA for example given lack of depth in draft)
Upgrade Vandenberg with a late pick
Gain: Melksham
Lose: Howe and Toumpas

Howe probably a Pie  ;)

Barra13

Yeah its looking that way now. Funny how things change so quickly.

Purple 77

Ugh. Would have preferred Jeremy to go interstate so I wouldn't have to see him so often getting by on high-marks and fark all else.

Ah well. I would have preferred to keep him though, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Barra13

SEN hearing that there may be a threeway with Howe to Collingwood for Kennedy and a pick and toumpas to port for a pick.

Grazz

Essendon has traded Jake Melksham to Melbourne in exchange for pick no. 25 #TradePeriod

Purple 77

Quote from: Grazz on October 15, 2015, 03:09:21 PM
Essendon has traded Jake Melksham to Melbourne in exchange for pick no. 25 #TradePeriod

The moment Toumpas cries out the door, I'm on to this fella.

Purple 77

Almost a day has passed... and I still wince every time I think about what we paid for Melksham, both in contract and to Essendon.

I really hope this pays off.

Big Mac

Just had a listen to Terry Wallace and I've basically summarised his thoughts

- inconsistent
- huge positives, hogan, viney, brayshaw, Gawn, Salem etc
- list still lacks depth, is the reason for inconsistency
- Goodwin will begin taking over this year
- percentage improved, but needs to happen more rapidly
- scoring needs to improve
- uncertain on where we will be at end of season
- led by Viney and brayshaw in the future
- sees petracca as a high half forward, moving into the middle
- club needs frost and Oscar to succeed
- needs to recruit/trade in more players who can kick
- forward line a disaster
- hogan, Garlett the only decent forwards, maybe petracca
- curnow won't be there at pick 6
- looking at bugg, Kennedy
- loss of Howe not a big deal
- no doubt that we will improve, but unsure whether we will actually move forward as a club (on the ladder)
- prediction for next year: no movement (I.e. 13th)
- improvement will come in 2017, once Roos has moved on