WXV Trade Confirmation

Started by Purple 77, September 06, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Berlin trade: Josh Saunders + Jonathan Marsh
Mexico City trade: Pick 39

This is mainly Marsh for Pick 39, as I was going to delist Josh Saunders, who looked OK for a while actually, but did just about nothing in 2015. I like Marsh... I'll gamble I can get someone better at Pick 39.

JROO to confirm.

Jroo

Confirmed. Don't mind Marsh and I need another defender with the retirements of Lake and Duffman. Saunders hasn't done much, but I'll take a gamble on him.

meow meow

Christchurch trade: Shaun McKernan and Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Rio trade: Pick 12

Adding last years WXV/AFL pick 24/28.

Even if McKernan drops down to 70 that's decent as a back up ruckman, and there's none available in the draft. Carlisle leaving the Bombers means Hooker has to play backline so someone is going to be needed to support Joe. If Essendon get Luey he'll be injured after about 5 weeks and Shaun will be #1 ruck again anyway.

Levi434

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 08:40:10 PM
Christchurch trade: Shaun McKernan and Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
Rio trade: Pick 12

Adding last years WXV/AFL pick 24/28.

Even if McKernan drops down to 70 that's decent as a back up ruckman, and there's none available in the draft. Carlisle leaving the Bombers means Hooker has to play backline so someone is going to be needed to support Joe. If Essendon get Luey he'll be injured after about 5 weeks and Shaun will be #1 ruck again anyway.

Confirmed

Adamant

Toronto give: Mitch Clark + James Stewart
New York give: Nathan Brown + N23 + N68

Reasoning: Wanted to secure another top 30 draft pick and didn't mind giving up a couple of forwards as we have a surplus of them anyway. Brown was thrown in to help us out with the cap.

RD/AK to confirm.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Adamant on October 11, 2015, 04:18:42 PM
Toronto give: Mitch Clark + James Stewart
New York give: Nathan Brown + N23 + N68

Reasoning: Wanted to secure another top 30 draft pick and didn't mind giving up a couple of forwards as we have a surplus of them anyway. Brown was thrown in to help us out with the cap.

RD/AK to confirm.

Confirm

Ada needed 23 and points cap while Clark should come in handy for us as we have Vardy and no real full time ruck. Stewart for forward depth as a prospect helps us too

Ricochet

New Delhi give: Nat Pick #2
Christchurch give: Jamie Elliott + Nathan Hrovat

meow to confirm

meow meow

Quote from: Ricochet on October 12, 2015, 11:23:50 AM
New Delhi give: Nat Pick #2
Christchurch give: Jamie Elliott + Nathan Hrovat

meow to confirm

Confirmed.

meow meow

Christchurch trade: Picks 2 & 12
Cape Town trade: Stefan Martin

Reason: It's Stefan Martin

Toga

Beijing give: Tim Broomhead + Phil Davis
NDT give: Bradley Hill

Reason: I rate Broomy pretty highly but we're in need of a boost to our midfield depth. Davis is added to our side to compensate for Hill's better JS at the moment.

Rico to confirm!

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 12, 2015, 09:54:01 PM
Beijing give: Tim Broomhead + Phil Davis
NDT give: Bradley Hill

Reason: I rate Broomy pretty highly but we're in need of a boost to our midfield depth. Davis is added to our side to compensate for Hill's better JS at the moment.

Rico to confirm!
Rico confirming. Cheers Toges

Memphistopheles

Quote from: meow meow on October 12, 2015, 08:52:54 PM

Confirmed.

We felt our team wasnt quite ready to challenge next year given the strength of some of the others in the competition so we have undertaken a mini rebuild this off-season. As one of our oldest players, and with plenty of ruck depth Martin was our most valuable asset and so we wanted to get good compensation for him.

Which we have in this deal with Pick 2 likely to be a real gem and Pick 12 also a potential best XV player. They are only picks though whereas Martin is a bonafide super premium and and captain option so that evens out the deal.

My Chumps

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 12, 2015, 09:58:26 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 12, 2015, 08:52:54 PM

Confirmed.

We felt our team wasnt quite ready to challenge next year given the strength of some of the others in the competition so we have undertaken a mini rebuild this off-season. As one of our oldest players, and with plenty of ruck depth Martin was our most valuable asset and so we wanted to get good compensation for him.

Which we have in this deal with Pick 2 likely to be a real gem and Pick 12 also a potential best XV player. They are only picks though whereas Martin is a bonafide super premium and and captain option so that evens out the deal.
The real reason*: I'm pretty bored with Mexico + Dublin dominating the competition. It's time for a new premier, and a Martin with #1 ruck duties all season averaging 115 could go a long way to making Christchurch a serious competitor.

*this may or may not be the real reason at all

RaisyDaisy

New York trade: Claye Beams
Beijing trade: Cameron Shenton

Nothing too exciting here. Just exchanging depth  :)

Toga

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 13, 2015, 01:54:13 PM
New York trade: Claye Beams
Beijing trade: Cameron Shenton

Nothing too exciting here. Just exchanging depth  :)

Huge trade confirmed! Trying to add some more midfield depth at the expense of defenders which we have plenty of. Cheers NY for a nice and easy trade :)