WXV Trade Confirmation

Started by Purple 77, September 06, 2015, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Boomz on September 25, 2015, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 25, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Berlin trade: Dale Thomas, Jack Grimes, Rory Atkins, Pick 35 + Pick 53
Tokyo trade: Chris Yarran + Pick 10

I like the looks of Yarran as a defender, and I'm happy to take the "risk" that he will be a decent defender. Pick 10 is also very handy. All of those players I'm trading have both up and downsides, so I suppose this trade is eliminating some risk for me.

Confirmed.

whats your reasoning to to the trade Boomz.

Boomz

Quote from: Holz on September 25, 2015, 01:38:41 PM
Quote from: Boomz on September 25, 2015, 01:37:45 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 25, 2015, 10:09:49 AM
Berlin trade: Dale Thomas, Jack Grimes, Rory Atkins, Pick 35 + Pick 53
Tokyo trade: Chris Yarran + Pick 10

I like the looks of Yarran as a defender, and I'm happy to take the "risk" that he will be a decent defender. Pick 10 is also very handy. All of those players I'm trading have both up and downsides, so I suppose this trade is eliminating some risk for me.

Confirmed.

whats your reasoning to to the trade Boomz.
Don't trust Yarran and think all the guys I'm bringing in have as much upside and the picks just even it out.

Holz

You dont know how good this feels to post this deal. I have been chasing this guy for 2 years and after Berlin snatched him from me last year im ecstatic to finally say he is a Dubliner.

Dublin Trade: Tom Liberatore
Berlin Trade: Adam Treloar + 18

Reason: while I think Libba has more upside, I like the consistency in Treloars scoring. I just need someone who can go 100-120 every week much like a poor mans sloane. I kind of feel That Libba and Treloar have the same value, however I have to pay something to make purp do basically and apple for apple trade.

just a cheeky jab here "Dublin losing should ensure I get my man"

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on September 25, 2015, 05:16:43 PM
You dont know how good this feels to post this deal. I have been chasing this guy for 2 years and after Berlin snatched him from me last year im ecstatic to finally say he is a Dubliner.

Reason: while I think Libba has more upside, I like the consistency in Treloars scoring. I just need someone who can go 100-120 every week much like a poor mans sloane. I kind of feel That Libba and Treloar have the same value, however I have to pay something to make purp do basically and apple for apple trade.

^^ You typo'd Holz, Dublin is giving me Pick 18 ^^

But yeah. You can say Liberatore and Treloar are about equal, but why would I do a simple swap? It didn't make sense to me. The onus was on Holz to make the deal worthwhile because he was the one that wanted Treloar, and that Pick 18 does it for me. Besides, Liberatore would have an associated risk attached to him coming back from an ACL.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 25, 2015, 05:21:28 PM
Quote from: Holz on September 25, 2015, 05:16:43 PM

^^ You typo'd Holz, Dublin is giving me Pick 18 ^^

But yeah. You can say Liberatore and Treloar are about equal, but why would I do a simple swap? It didn't make sense to me. The onus was on Holz to make the deal worthwhile because he was the one that wanted Treloar, and that Pick 18 does it for me. Besides, Liberatore would have an associated risk attached to him coming back from an ACL.

correct its

Dublin Trade: Tom Liberatore + 18
Berlin Trade: Adam Treloar

by the way this is why when people said I was in favor of no injury clause in the cap, I said I was unbias. This trade was planned in my head before i even got libba.

Jroo

Mexico City give: Michael Johnson, Adam Oxley + Pick 39
Berlin give: Chris Yarran, Brad Hill, Mark Jamar + Pick 89

Sad to see MJ go, as I think he has a bit of football left (contracted until 2017), but was just after someone younger in Yaz who I think should get back to an 85+ ave at a new club. Oxley for Hill is simple, just after someone with a bit more JS.

Purps to confirm.

Purple 77

Quote from: JROO8 on September 28, 2015, 02:30:52 PM
Mexico City give: Michael Johnson, Adam Oxley + Pick 39
Berlin give: Chris Yarran, Brad Hill, Mark Jamar + Pick 89

Sad to see MJ go, as I think he has a bit of football left (contracted until 2017), but was just after someone younger in Yaz who I think should get back to an 85+ ave at a new club. Oxley for Hill is simple, just after someone with a bit more JS.

Purps to confirm.

Confirmed.

Hill & Yarran didn't stay long... but yeah, MJ is contracted for two more years and is a quality scorer, which I need for the inevitable premiership I'll win. Oxley averaged 93 unsubbed this year... so... with no more subs... my logic is flawless. Jamar, well, what can I say? It's been a good 4 years.

meow meow

RIO AND CHRISTCHURCH COMPLETE TRADE FOR GOLD COAST SUPERSTAR!

Today marks a significant day for the future of the WXV competition. It's not too often that an opportunity to secure one of the absolute guns of the competition rolls around, but today will be known as one of the defining days of this competition. In the following trade we see a deal that involves one of the best best AFL players of all time switch clubs.

Christchurch coach meow meow had the following to say: "We at Christchurch could not be more happy with this deal and think that it presents an opportunity to really challenge for the premiership, not only in the upcoming year but for many seasons onwards".

Gary Ablett jnr has long been a star player and probably the greatest SC scorer of all time. Any team with him in it is automatically a genuine contender for the premiership.

Rio trade: PSD pick #22
Christchurch trade: Clay Cameron

Levi434

Holz

Do we even have second round psd picks?

Ricochet

New Delhi Trade: Masten + PSD1 + N47
Mexico Trade: Brad Hill + Krakouer + Acres + Barrett

JROO to confirm

Jroo

Confirmed. Will post reasoning later

Adamant

Massive three-way deal here!

Christchurch give: D. Zorko + B. Frampton + N31
Toronto give: R. Griffen + C. Ellis + B. Newton + N26
Beijing give: M. Kreuzer + T. Hunt + J. Stewart

Christchurch get: R. Griffen + C. Ellis + N26
Toronto get: M. Kreuzer + T. Hunt + J. Stewart + B. Frampton + N31
Beijing get: D. Zorko + B. Newton

Reasoning: Needed to secure another quality ruckman to allow me to swing Ryder up forward and despite his injury history, Kreuz fits the bill. Didn't want to give up Ellis as I rate him pretty highly but I feel as though I have received decent compensation.

Toga and meow to confirm.

meow meow

CONFIRMED! I still love you Griff.

Toga

CONFIRMED!

Didn't want to lose Krooz as I think we are yet to see the best from him but the fwds were still our weakest line by a long shot. And I love Zorks!