British 2015 Trades and Rulings

Started by Ringo, September 01, 2015, 09:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: jhello on September 14, 2015, 08:29:19 PM
Leeches give: Charlie Dixon + NAT 31
Hurricanes give: Nakia Cockatoo + NAT 64

Cockatoo didn't have a great rookie year, but should be expected to improve due to older Geelong players leaving. Charlie Dixon is good forward depth, but I've added to that area this trade period. The swap of picks should help balance out the trade.

iZander to confirm
Confirmed.
I think if dixon can stay fit he will improve a lot. He will benefit from some extra supply from either a very much improved GC mid or a move to port (not sure if its confirmed) either way i think that should help him. Im in need of some forwards and dixon will do the trick. Jhello receives an up and coming 18 year old who will most likely play most games next year with all the older Geelong players leaving as Jhello said above.

iZander

Hastings give - R45
Rams give - Jacob Townsend
Reason: I like townsend lol

Nige

Quote from: iZander on September 16, 2015, 07:27:13 PM
Hastings give - R45
Rams give - Jacob Townsend
Reason: I like townsend lol
Again, probably gonna delist him and Zander's happy to take the punt on him.

iZander

Hastings give - Ben Mcglynn
Hawks give - Ryan Bastinac
Reason: I have an old forward line and it would be good to get rid of some age, I like the look of bastinac, I think he has potential to improve a bit this year. He is a very good inside player but hasn't had much opportunity to show it at north and with faint rumours of a trade could help him. JB has a team is very much in contention for the flag next year so if Myglynn can score well as forward for him it would be very valuable.

iZander

JB to confirm

JBs-Hawks

Confirmed. Had enough waiting on Bastinac.

nostradamus

Grope Lane Giants give Nat 20

Leeds Leeches give Trent McKenzie + Nat 38

Reasoning
We already have 2 McKenzies in our backline and thought we needed 3
But on a serious note McKenzie has had a terrible 18 months and hasnt been a shadow of his former self, we are taking trhe gamble he might improve
Jhello gets a pick upgrade from 38 to 20

Jhello to confirm

jhello

Quote from: nostradamus on September 23, 2015, 11:03:37 PM
Grope Lane Giants give Nat 20

Leeds Leeches give Trent McKenzie + Nat 38

Reasoning
We already have 2 McKenzies in our backline and thought we needed 3
But on a serious note McKenzie has had a terrible 18 months and hasnt been a shadow of his former self, we are taking trhe gamble he might improve
Jhello gets a pick upgrade from 38 to 20

Jhello to confirm

Confirm. McKenzie has been disappointing recently. I'm going for a fairly youthful approach with my team, and the pick upgrade should help improve the quality of young players. 

Rids

Grope Lane Giants give: Dan McKenzie + Rookie 17
Staines Steins give: Sam Naismith + Jed Anderson + Nat 37

Reasoning: Memph was after a young defender. A position we are starting to have very solid depth for. We did want a little more depth in the rucks and mids though and Naismith and Anderson suit our needs perfectly. Anderson is risky with next to none job security  but this should improve with the Hawks list getting older and nearing expiry over the next 2 years. We didn't want to lose McKenzie at all but feel the break down below is very fair for both parties and fills team gaps.

D. McKenzie for J. Anderson + nat 37
S. Naismith for rook 17

Memph to confirm

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Rids on September 24, 2015, 01:42:52 PM

Grope Lane Giants give: Dan McKenzie + Rookie 17
Staines Steins give: Sam Naismith + Jed Anderson + Nat 37

Reasoning: Memph was after a young defender. A position we are starting to have very solid depth for. We did want a little more depth in the rucks and mids though and Naismith and Anderson suit our needs perfectly. Anderson is risky with next to none job security  but this should improve with the Hawks list getting older and nearing expiry over the next 2 years. We didn't want to lose McKenzie at all but feel the break down below is very fair for both parties and fills team gaps.

D. McKenzie for J. Anderson + nat 37
S. Naismith for rook 17

Memph to confirm

Confirm.

After loads and loads of PMs we finally got there with a deal! Hard to trade when both parties rates players/picks similarly :D

Like Rids says we were chasing a young defender and Dan McKenzie fits that bill. We fell he has similar potential to Anderson but as a defender we added in the draft pick to balance that side of things out.

We were happy to give up Naismith as we have great ruck stocks already with Gawn and Grundy on our list (along with the Demons' back-ups in Spencer and King. So we'll take a player in another position with the rookie pick.

kilbluff1985

Manchester Magic trade Steven Motlop
Birmingham Dragons trade Brad Crouch + Cameron Sutcliffe + rook 3

obviously doing the trade to get a forward i feel we're paying slight overs but Sutcliffe is like our 8th defender and it was looking like we were not going to use rookie pick 3 we also had to beat other offers Torp had for Motlop this trade also helps with our list size management

Torpedo10

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 27, 2015, 08:06:21 PM
Manchester Magic trade Steven Motlop
Birmingham Dragons trade Brad Crouch + Cameron Sutcliffe + rook 3

obviously doing the trade to get a forward i feel we're paying slight overs but Sutcliffe is like our 8th defender and it was looking like we were not going to use rookie pick 3 we also had to beat other offers Torp had for Motlop this trade also helps with our list size management
Accepted!

Crouch is a beast, went into the same quality as JOM and he only has upside. Injuries hurt him but by all reports he is back on track. Sutcliffe is a nice defender who can also only go upwards, being defender is solid too. R3 also carries some value, however small.

It's hard to lose Motlop, but as far as I can see he's peaked this season and with Geelong losing a lot of star quality I feel he could be exposed in the midfield, playing quite a large role there this season. Getting Crouch just gives i that Extra star power along with some patchups in other places.

Rids

Nice simple trade with the Owls. Vinny as always very easy to deal with.

Grope Lane Giants give A. Everitt + J. Aish + nat 52

Oxford Owls give nat 9 + nat 27 + A. Black

Reasoning
I think it is very clear that our strategy has been to get as many early picks as possible to reload with this draft's best talent. We also get a decent second round pick and Aaron Black who will be very prominent in North's plans after 2016. This will coincide hopefully with our kids becoming the next wave of superstars. We lose the very promising Aish but with the way we have traded it was clear to us he was fast becoming a depth mid for the Giants. Everitt has been a ripper for us and averaged 99 (minus spoils) and is young enough to be great for the Owls. Nat 52 is there to level it out. Our break down is:

Everitt for nat 9
Aish > nat 27
Black > nat 52

Vinny to confirm.

Vinny

Quote from: Rids on September 30, 2015, 04:41:00 PM
Nice simple trade with the Owls. Vinny as always very easy to deal with.

Grope Lane Giants give A. Everitt + J. Aish + nat 52

Oxford Owls give nat 9 + nat 27 + A. Black

Reasoning
I think it is very clear that our strategy has been to get as many early picks as possible to reload with this draft's best talent. We also get a decent second round pick and Aaron Black who will be very prominent in North's plans after 2016. This will coincide hopefully with our kids becoming the next wave of superstars. We lose the very promising Aish but with the way we have traded it was clear to us he was fast becoming a depth mid for the Giants. Everitt has been a ripper for us and averaged 99 (minus spoils) and is young enough to be great for the Owls. Nat 52 is there to level it out. Our break down is:

Everitt for nat 9
Aish > nat 27
Black > nat 52

Vinny to confirm.
Too easy guys, cheers.

Basically what they said, I'm not very interested in the draft this year and couldn't tell you much about. Despite an average season, I do believe Aish can be a handy player, whether he stays or not. We are looking for solid midfield and forward depth and Aish and Everitt provide that. Although I reckon Black will be a focal point when Petrie and Waite retire, we are looking to more to the now. These early picks will help the rebuilding Giants and they obviously believe they can draft a better Aish with N9 and a handy player with N27.

Rids

Grope Lane Giants give C. O'Shea

Blackpool Bunnies give B. Kennedy

Reasoning
Bunnies were after a depth defender. Giants were after a depth forward. Both guys fit the bill and are very even so made sense to do the swap.

SR to confirm

SydneyRox

Quote from: Rids on October 01, 2015, 04:57:35 PM

Grope Lane Giants give C. O'Shea

Blackpool Bunnies give B. Kennedy

Reasoning
Bunnies were after a depth defender. Giants were after a depth forward. Both guys fit the bill and are very even so made sense to do the swap.

SR to confirm

Confirm pretty simple swap Kennedy has promise but not sure he is going to manage to ever get there.