Birchall - worth a look?

Started by ninjanick, March 21, 2010, 02:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjanick

Been looking at some mid-priced guys who can make the jump to high-end keeper this year and he's one of the guys I've kinda zeroed in on, but this is based more on the potential he's shown in previous seasons than anything I've seen or heard during the pre-season. Anyone else out there have any thoughts on the bloke? Did I just give away one of the best-kept secrets among this year's backs, or would he be a waste of 300 grand?

Prospector_1

I gave him two years hoping he'd come good. Didn't happen, so he's out of contention for me.

Justin Bieber

same with me but not out of contention. being my favourite player from the hawks helps his case.

just doesn't rack up enough possessions to become a dt premium. he's got a decent kick to make it in sc though. with gibson coming in, might free him up a bit more so he could play half back flank.

if you think he will be, take the punt on him. worst he could do is maintain that average (i just don't see him going down).

ninjanick

That's pretty much how I see it - a lot probably depends on what they do with Hodge though - if they keep him in midfield then I'm sure Birchall can up his average in to the 80s, but I'm worried that if they can get their full complement of mids on the park then Hodge will run the show down back and he'll stay in 70s limbo