WXV Round 15: Beijing v Pacific in the Battle of the Bolters

Started by Purple 77, July 21, 2015, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on July 26, 2015, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: Holz on July 26, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 26, 2015, 10:22:12 AM
Beijing continue to run out of steam towards the end of the year, but Pacific are playing well and will deservedly win this.

A World's first, with both of Cairo's C and VC failing to play... will they surpass the lowest ever score of 83 (correct me if I'm wrong ossie). Christchurch still have plenty to come, and they'll win comfortably.

Cape Town are trying, but true to my Hawthorn comparison a while back, Mexico are finding form at the right time of the year and will prove to be too strong for the Cobras. Well, Maybe the Cobras a sneaky chance... but its unlikely.

Fyfe has rekindled his form, and hence Berlin are looking good again. Shame I don't have him as captain, otherwise I might breach 160 if I had... I will win this one, with London being let down by too many. Well, if Hannebery goes nuts...

Moscow are self-imploding and basically folding against Dublin, who might hit 180 if things go their way. Not good signs heading into finals...

New Delhi's final win (which I'm sure will happen) won't be this match, with New York's Bennell seeing to any challenge from the Tigers.

PNL doing what they have to do against the Dillos.

THIS IS THE MATCH! If you factor in Rio's current HGA of 65, the Wolves are 5 points ahead, with the same amount of players played! Will Vince get the Jaguars home? Or will the star from Toronto in Pendles keep the Wolve's finals hopes alive? Incredibly close game, as the Wolves have two traditionally good players in Crisp and Pendles, and not so traditionally good players in Rhyce Shaw and Toovey to come. Compared to the inexperienced Maynard, the veteran Schneider and the in form Yeo and Vince. I think Rio might just win on HGA!

And this one is pretty damn good too! Seoul look a completely different team than a month ago, potentially looking at 3 straight wins! This would be disastrous for Tokyo, who are still a legitimate chance at finals. Captain Kieran Jack is still yet to play, but Seoul have the advantage here, and I think they may just do it!

Umm 180 is good heading into finals. Its all relative.

Also thats the Europe cup, Euroasia cup and minor Premiership locked away

Is that every team award you can get?
I'd assume he was talking about Moscow

Given he is a Dublin hater I assumed Dublin going well was bad given he wants us to lose.

Purple 77

Quote from: Holz on July 26, 2015, 11:53:07 AM
Quote from: GoLions on July 26, 2015, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: Holz on July 26, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 26, 2015, 10:22:12 AM
Beijing continue to run out of steam towards the end of the year, but Pacific are playing well and will deservedly win this.

A World's first, with both of Cairo's C and VC failing to play... will they surpass the lowest ever score of 83 (correct me if I'm wrong ossie). Christchurch still have plenty to come, and they'll win comfortably.

Cape Town are trying, but true to my Hawthorn comparison a while back, Mexico are finding form at the right time of the year and will prove to be too strong for the Cobras. Well, Maybe the Cobras a sneaky chance... but its unlikely.

Fyfe has rekindled his form, and hence Berlin are looking good again. Shame I don't have him as captain, otherwise I might breach 160 if I had... I will win this one, with London being let down by too many. Well, if Hannebery goes nuts...

Moscow are self-imploding and basically folding against Dublin, who might hit 180 if things go their way. Not good signs heading into finals...

New Delhi's final win (which I'm sure will happen) won't be this match, with New York's Bennell seeing to any challenge from the Tigers.

PNL doing what they have to do against the Dillos.

THIS IS THE MATCH! If you factor in Rio's current HGA of 65, the Wolves are 5 points ahead, with the same amount of players played! Will Vince get the Jaguars home? Or will the star from Toronto in Pendles keep the Wolve's finals hopes alive? Incredibly close game, as the Wolves have two traditionally good players in Crisp and Pendles, and not so traditionally good players in Rhyce Shaw and Toovey to come. Compared to the inexperienced Maynard, the veteran Schneider and the in form Yeo and Vince. I think Rio might just win on HGA!

And this one is pretty damn good too! Seoul look a completely different team than a month ago, potentially looking at 3 straight wins! This would be disastrous for Tokyo, who are still a legitimate chance at finals. Captain Kieran Jack is still yet to play, but Seoul have the advantage here, and I think they may just do it!

Umm 180 is good heading into finals. Its all relative.

Also thats the Europe cup, Euroasia cup and minor Premiership locked away

Is that every team award you can get?
I'd assume he was talking about Moscow

Given he is a Dublin hater I assumed Dublin going well was bad given he wants us to lose.

Was mainly referring to Moscow, but that works too.

I think that's every team award, yeah.

ossie85

Still winless in the British Isles Holz though, pretty poor

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 26, 2015, 01:23:33 PM
Still winless in the British Isles Holz though, pretty poor

Jroo

Selwood the sub. Since he's named as a utility, does that mean Longer comes on, or is it Nick O'Brien? :-\
Might be in some trouble here

Purple 77

Quote from: JROO8 on July 26, 2015, 03:46:18 PM
Selwood the sub. Since he's named as a utility, does that mean Longer comes on, or is it Nick O'Brien? :-\
Might be in some trouble here

Billy comes on.

roo boys!

Yeo

vs

Shaw + 9

Pendles only 108 , needed 120+ from him. Especially given Crisp finally failing to get a ton, the week it really mattered :(

Admittedly I only saw the second half, but I have no idea how Vince got 20 points for his 3rd quarter and 25 for the last term. Hardly saw him!

103 (x2) from him and 82 from Schneider pretty much ends me.

Toga

Yep Pacific will be too good for us this week! It was a good run while it lasted, pretty happy with our improvement this year despite finals all but out of the question now though :)

Holz

One of the best defenders in the game.

Lets chuck him in the forward line and not try to stop nroo

roo boys!

Rio lead by 3 points at 3 qtr time....Rhyce Shaw, I need you to play not like Rhyce Shaw for the next 30 minutes. Play out of your skin, and someway, somehow, beat Yeo  :-[

Shaw just turned it over. To Yeo

Again! This is a tad ridiculous. At least Shaw's getting the ball though

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on July 26, 2015, 07:03:20 PM
Rio lead by 3 points at 3 qtr time....Rhyce Shaw, I need you to play not like Rhyce Shaw for the next 30 minutes. Play out of your skin, and someway, somehow, beat Yeo  :-[

Shaw just turned it over. To Yeo

Lol...  :-X

roo boys!

Have you got the same total as I do Purps? Because pre-scaling leaves Shaw on 85 and Yeo on 90, amounting to a 4 point lead to Toronto

Fear scaling will favour the successful WCE side and hence Yeo should get bumped up a bit. Only around 50 points to be allocated though

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on July 26, 2015, 07:38:04 PM
Have you got the same total as I do Purps? Because pre-scaling leaves Shaw on 85 and Yeo on 90, amounting to a 4 point lead to Toronto

Fear scaling will favour the successful WCE side and hence Yeo should get bumped up a bit. Only around 50 points to be allocated though

I have the same as you... crazy close!

Purple 77

Take a breath RB, they've scaled and you're home  ;)

What a game!