2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

These comps were made to kind of mirror the AFL. We may as well put the top up players to use.

Spite

I agree with Rusty too.

What happens if your rucks get injured Ringo and you have loaned them out?

You're going to cause more issues than solve by this.

The Bunnies can trade for a ruck. It doesn't even have to be a good ruck. They got themselves into this mess by not having any back-up...if their ruck got injured they'd be in the same mess.

Worst possible case scenario, just give them the essendon top up ruck as a loan this season and don't let anyone else get any loans, although even then it is unfair.

nrich102

I don't like loaning players. The draft is the best way to go.

Spite

Quote from: nrich102 on January 14, 2016, 05:22:25 PM
These comps were made to kind of mirror the AFL. We may as well put the top up players to use.

This is kind of off topic but you made me think...

AFL told saints to delist saad and they promised to pick him up again (Collingwood did the same for JT and Keefe but decided to save $$ and picks and keep them on the list).

In real life and not fantasy, no other team was going to pick him up as he was sort of already "claimed" by saints.

We can't recreate this because someone would just pick up saad if they wanted him.

In the case of dropping Crowley, if he gets to play again as a top up player, I would say the team that dropped him should get the opportunity to get him back again if they wish to (they'd have to elect before and can get him at an appropriate rookie draft pick).

Since we have drafted we can't do this but food for thought for future situations.

Ringo

So now if any of the top players that Essendon pick should the club that was forced to de-list have priority to pick them up again.

So using SR again - Jamar who looks like being picked up by Dons was delisted by Steins.  Do Steins have priority over him or does he go into the pool to enable SR to have access with like for like?  just raising yet more issues with top up players being sought.

GoLions

The top up players will only be playing for 1 year, so teams that had them previously wouldn't get first crack. If, however, any of those players get on to an AFL list after the end of this season, then the team that originally had them would get first crack, and not those getting them as replacements this season (if we go down that route).

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions on January 14, 2016, 06:20:32 PM
The top up players will only be playing for 1 year, so teams that had them previously wouldn't get first crack. If, however, any of those players get on to an AFL list after the end of this season, then the team that originally had them would get first crack, and not those getting them as replacements this season (if we go down that route).
Yep this

nrich102

Quote from: Spite on January 14, 2016, 06:06:21 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on January 14, 2016, 05:22:25 PM

This is kind of off topic but you made me think...

AFL told saints to delist saad and they promised to pick him up again (Collingwood did the same for JT and Keefe but decided to save $$ and picks and keep them on the list).

In real life and not fantasy, no other team was going to pick him up as he was sort of already "claimed" by saints.

We can't recreate this because someone would just pick up saad if they wanted him.

In the case of dropping Crowley, if he gets to play again as a top up player, I would say the team that dropped him should get the opportunity to get him back again if they wish to (they'd have to elect before and can get him at an appropriate rookie draft pick).

Since we have drafted we can't do this but food for thought for future situations.
Seeing as players from this draft would just be on a list for 1 season I don't think so, but they do that kind of thing in worlds I think, and I'd support it coming to British.

Spite

Quote from: Ricochet on January 14, 2016, 06:21:50 PM
Yep this

LF

Yep would like this since had to delist a couple of possible top up players that we tossed up holding and hoped someone would pick them up.

Ringo

OK can we take this now back to the Essendon Saga thread so as not to clog up the  actual trade discussions. Will post something in there.

iZander

Could potentially be looking to trade Michael Hurley, wouldnt normally want to trade out one of my favourite players but I'm looking at trying to finish top 4 this year. For those not challenging for a finals position this could be a good opportunity to gain a little bit extra for next year. Looking for a mid or defender but will look at any position.

Could also possibly give up one of these forwards for a midfielder - Charlie Dixon, Brandon Matera, Daniel Wells, Drew Petrie, Jake Stinger and to a lesser extent Shane Edwards and Craig Bird.

iZander

Pkbaldy

Quote from: iZander on January 21, 2016, 09:56:05 AM
Could potentially be looking to trade Michael Hurley, wouldnt normally want to trade out one of my favourite players but I'm looking at trying to finish top 4 this year. For those not challenging for a finals position this could be a good opportunity to gain a little bit extra for next year. Looking for a mid or defender but will look at any position.

Could also possibly give up one of these forwards for a midfielder - Charlie Dixon, Brandon Matera, Daniel Wells, Drew Petrie, Jake Stinger and to a lesser extent Shane Edwards and Craig Bird.

iZander

PM me boy. We can try work something out!  :)

JBs-Hawks

iZander