2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Fair enough KB and had to come up with something fair to all.  You can still trade for depth if you so desire.

iZander

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2016, 10:40:54 AM
I have placed this information in the OP for trade rulings but also posting here for your information:

Following Essendon Suspensions for this trade period only:

1) Clubs effected will be allowed additional free movements as detailed below. Note both clubs involved in trade will receive the free movement.
2) Reversible trading will be allowed.  That is a trade will reverse at end of season.  Eg Swansea trade Witts for Ryder.  At end of 2016 season Ryder returns to Blackpool and Witts returns to Swansea.
3) When assessing trades main factor to be taken into consideration will be the team structures and competition benefit. All trades including reversible trades still to be approved by administrator.
4) If there is evidence of colluding or tanking in these special conditions penalties may be enforced by admin.  This could involve forfeiture of draft picks.

Additional Trade Free Movements
Birmingham Dragons 3
Hastings Hurricanes 3
Blackpool Bunnies 3
Wrexham Knights 2
Liverpool Rams 1
Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs 1
Huddersfield Hawks 1
Grope Lane Giants 1
Bradford Badgers 1
Winchester Werewolves 1
Why do Hastings get 3? I only had Hurley? Unless I'm mistaken, which I could be because I haven't looked at my team in a while

GoLions

Quote from: iZander on January 14, 2016, 11:23:46 AM
I have placed this information in the OP for trade rulings but also posting here for your information:

1) Clubs effected will be allowed additional free movements as detailed below. Note both clubs involved in trade will receive the free movement.
2) Reversible trading will be allowed.  That is a trade will reverse at end of season.  Eg Swansea trade Witts for Ryder.  At end of 2016 season Ryder returns to Blackpool and Witts returns to Swansea.
3) When assessing trades main factor to be taken into consideration will be the team structures and competition benefit. All trades including reversible trades still to be approved by administrator.
4) If there is evidence of colluding or tanking in these special conditions penalties may be enforced by admin.  This could involve forfeiture of draft picks.

Birmingham Dragons 3
Hastings Hurricanes 3
Blackpool Bunnies 3
Wrexham Knights 2
Liverpool Rams 1
Huddersfield Hawks 1
Grope Lane Giants 1
Bradford Badgers 1
Winchester Werewolves 1
Why do Hastings get 3? I only had Hurley? Unless I'm mistaken, which I could be because I haven't looked at my team in a while
You also have Monfries iirc, and Ringo mixed up you and Rusty again regarding Hibberd. Hurricanes and Werewolves should have 2 each.

Spite

Birmingham Dragons 3
Hastings Hurricanes 3
Blackpool Bunnies 3
Wrexham Knights 2
Liverpool Rams 1
Huddersfield Hawks 1
Grope Lane Giants 1
Bradford Badgers 1
Winchester Werewolves 1

Alright so...do we get an additional movement for Josh Thomas now too? (Because we kinda really do need forward depth now without him)

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on January 14, 2016, 12:12:30 PM

Birmingham Dragons 3
Hastings Hurricanes 3
Blackpool Bunnies 3
Wrexham Knights 2
Liverpool Rams 1
Huddersfield Hawks 1
Grope Lane Giants 1
Bradford Badgers 1
Winchester Werewolves 1

Alright so...do we get an additional movement for Josh Thomas now too? (Because we kinda really do need forward depth now without him)
If you think 13 movements won't suffice to help with your forward issues...

iZander

Quote from: GoLions on January 14, 2016, 12:17:53 PM

Birmingham Dragons 3
Hastings Hurricanes 3
Blackpool Bunnies 3
Wrexham Knights 2
Liverpool Rams 1
Huddersfield Hawks 1
Grope Lane Giants 1
Bradford Badgers 1
Winchester Werewolves 1

Exactly what I was about to say, some people just like to whinge...

Nige

Quote from: iZander on January 14, 2016, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 14, 2016, 12:17:53 PM

Birmingham Dragons 3
Hastings Hurricanes 3
Blackpool Bunnies 3
Wrexham Knights 2
Liverpool Rams 1
Huddersfield Hawks 1
Grope Lane Giants 1
Bradford Badgers 1
Winchester Werewolves 1

Exactly what I was about to say, some people just like to whinge...
It's almost like we haven't had a trade and draft period already to address such a devastating issue...

GoLions

Also why did you offer me Josh Bruce if you need forward depth so bad :P

Ringo

Hedgehogs will not be getting an additional movement for the following reasons:

Result of 2 year ban was well known before hand and trade period one could have been used to fix. Other clubs have also been inconvenienced by drug issues Crowley and Saad for 2.

The extent of the bomber suspensions only become known on Tuesday hence the extra concessions. 

Spite

I'm mentioning Josh Thomas at all opportunities so it isn't just brushed over.

Quote from: Spite on January 14, 2016, 02:34:29 PM

If you want me to complain again about Josh Thomas, I could ask why we couldn't get a loan for him? That way instead of not trading for forward depth because we couldn't get anyone we liked, we could have offered overs to someone if it was only for a year loan.

Ringo

You can mention Josh Thomas all you like but it will not get you any concessions as the circumstances are different as I have explained.

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2016, 02:41:10 PM
You can mention Josh Thomas all you like but it will not get you any concessions as the circumstances are different as I have explained.

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2016, 01:54:55 PM
Hedgehogs will not be getting an additional movement for the following reasons:

Result of 2 year ban was well known before hand and trade period one could have been used to fix. Other clubs have also been inconvenienced by drug issues Crowley and Saad for 2.

The extent of the bomber suspensions only become known on Tuesday hence the extra concessions. 

1) Crowley and Saad aren't starters for any club so getting depth to replace them would be literally like getting the exact same player. Obviously we all know JT, as a 90+ averaging forward is much better than any other player you're going to or have mentioned and should be treated differently. If you disagree I can expand on this but really don't want to waste my time on something like that since we all know he's much better.

2) http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-04/collingwood-duo-banned-until-2017/6912534

They were only officially banned in November so I wouldn't say well and truly before trade period one compared to during trade period one.

3) We looked for forwards and couldn't get one we liked. If we could have been offered a loan, we would have used our mid depth and lent out a high scoring player for a way better forward.

Why did we have to make a permanent trade and others can have a temporary one? That doesn't make sense at all.

4) If we had a loan system, we probably would have won a lot more matches because we played with a terrible f4 most of the season. That was the way the cookie crumbled. You guys were happy for us to crumble because we won the flag the year before. That's probably how Nige feels right now.

People can still trade now, especially with the extra movements. There is no need for a loan system because if anyone is doing anything out of the goodness of their heart, it ends up being colluding.

I don't want concessions for JT, I just want everyone to not have way bigger bonuses' than we were allowed when this happened a year earlier to us. No loaning but extra movements, a happy medium.

Rusty00

Quote from: Spite on January 14, 2016, 04:59:15 PM
People can still trade now, especially with the extra movements. There is no need for a loan system because if anyone is doing anything out of the goodness of their heart, it ends up being colluding.
Agree with this. I would have thought that no-one would give up their depth for free just to help out another team, I know I wouldn't in case I ended up needing to use that depth myself due to injuries throughout the year. Especially in the ruck position.

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 14, 2016, 05:05:58 PM
Agree with this. I would have thought that no-one would give up their depth for free just to help out another team, I know I wouldn't in case I ended up needing to use that depth myself due to injuries throughout the year. Especially in the ruck position.
Yep, and the last bit is very important too...
I don't want concessions for JT, I just want everyone to not have way bigger bonuses' than we were allowed when this happened a year earlier to us. No loaning but extra movements, a happy medium.
We're not saying we should get compo for JT, just that it should be fair across the board. Extra movements is more than enough

Ringo

2 issues here and I know I am using the Bunnies but I doubt they will be able to trade effectively for a ruck. may surprise hence the reason for a loan for the benefit of the competition.  That is all.  Loan trades will be viewed for necessity v convenience looking at team structures. 

Realise teams have extra movements which is fine to try and rectify.  Using the example i have been using i would not want to trade Witts on a permanent basis but because of my ruck positions may be willing to allow the temporary trade for the benefit of the competition.

And from my records Thomas and Keeffe were advised and accepted bans in August not November.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwoods-josh-thomas-lachie-keeffe-speak-on-asada-drug-charges/news-story/97bef87d16cd8a3a602834efd25944a1

and I will keep re-iterating different circumstances due to AFL implementing different reactions to the findings which means we need to look at in same light.