2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: Rids on November 18, 2015, 06:13:09 PM
Most of the time the trade committee is used is for trades where NRich and Ringo are associated. My suggestion for this is to use 3 coaches from BXV who do not have any investment in the trade. The coaches can be selected at the time of the trade and can be rotated around.

I would suggest that we keep the trades committee however for challenged trades which there are hardly any. We have only had one this period so far.

I would hate to see any voting system introduced no matter how simplistic or complicated. As Nostra said earlier, there are a lot of different influences, variables and opinions people use when voting. It generally leads to more than required discussion about the trade and clogs up threads etc.
All those variables you speak of are still in play when picking 3 coaches, seems fairer to me to be all coaches...instead of hand picking 3, imo

nrich102

Random generator where 3 are picked each time maybe?

LF

Quote from: iZander on November 18, 2015, 07:07:12 PM
Most of the time the trade committee is used is for trades where NRich and Ringo are associated. My suggestion for this is to use 3 coaches from BXV who do not have any investment in the trade. The coaches can be selected at the time of the trade and can be rotated around.

I would suggest that we keep the trades committee however for challenged trades which there are hardly any. We have only had one this period so far.

I would hate to see any voting system introduced no matter how simplistic or complicated. As Nostra said earlier, there are a lot of different influences, variables and opinions people use when voting. It generally leads to more than required discussion about the trade and clogs up threads etc.
All those variables you speak of are still in play when picking 3 coaches, seems fairer to me to be all coaches...instead of hand picking 3, imo

Not really
We have a system in DT America's where if the admin are involved in a trade or another coach challenges a trade,we have 2 other coaches we can consult with about that trade,they were chosen due to them being able to put bias aside when looking at a trade,it works fine.

Rids

The whole idea of moving away from the trades committee is time constraints and you want every team to vote for each trade with Ringo.... sorry man but sort of defeats the intention of the change.

As to the variables, Ringo or other coaches can challenge and it gets sent to the committee anyways. No biggie tbh

GoLions

Quote from: Rids on November 18, 2015, 07:15:47 PM

The whole idea of moving away from the trades committee is time constraints and you want every team to vote for each trade with Ringo.... sorry man but sort of defeats the intention of the change.

As to the variables, Ringo or other coaches can challenge and it gets sent to the committee anyways. No biggie tbh
I think zman said only for the ones that get challenged, and keep rest as is

nostradamus

Rids

Quote from: GoLions on November 18, 2015, 07:24:21 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 18, 2015, 07:15:47 PM

I think zman said only for the ones that get challenged, and keep rest as is

No idea. He replied to my suggestion which was for us to use 3 BXV coaches for trades involving Ringo/NRich.

LF

Quote from: nostradamus on November 18, 2015, 07:26:40 PM
If it aint broke ...........

Problem is that it is broken otherwise Ringo would not have send out a pm about it

Ringo

Some comments her for you and these are my personal views only at this stage as I do not want to be dictatorial and get consensus.

1) The trades committee this year have ruled on a number of of trades involving Swansea but also ruled on a trade challenge and 2 trades that were challenged. They are the rules that are in place. My opinion from the trades this year is that there are 4 trades that were referred should not have been approved.  This highlighted to me some of the problems with coaches not involved in Brits ruling on trades. The latest Swansea trade is an example. Quite a few of the coaches in British were of the opinion that iZander was paying overs for Rioli with Nat 14 and 15, however the trades committee have ruled that he is not paying enough. This tp me indicates the current system is broke.

2) My idea for trade rulings going forward -  With the appointment of GoLions as assistant Administrator we rule on trades together and if we can not agree consult another 3 coaches (not involved in trade) and then rule on trade.  For trades involving Swansea and Badgers non involved coach will consult with other coaches and make ruling.
If consensus can not be agreed to then we will submit trade to all coaches for vote.

3) If coaches disagree with Admin rulings then they can appeal via PM to the Admin who will the send to a vote of all coaches. Reasons for objection to be sent as well.

As I said my thoughts only and further discussion welcome.

Pkbaldy

Rids

I would hate to see any league voting at all sorry. Too many differences and then there is the wait for all coaches to vote. On top of that I feel that challenging trades will become more frequent with any league vote at all. Trades dont have to be even. I would hate to see any trades negged due to people being pedantic with a trade. I believe WXV is having this very conversation right now.

No matter what system we go with there will always be flaws and gaps. Agree that we need whoever that will adjudicate to be BXV savy. Having 3 BXV ccoaches being involved in this process will assist this no end.

Sorry but 2 first round picks is overs for Rioli who has had one full season at 107 (minus spoils). How anyone thought it wasnt enough is a little concerning.

nrich102

I must say, I always thought the trade would be neg'd cause Rioli is not worth near 2 first round picks, but I was just accepting iZanders offer lol

JBs-Hawks

2 mediocre first rounders is fine for Rioli.

Pkbaldy

kilbluff1985

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 17, 2015, 02:02:55 PM
Lachlan Hansen (NM), Robbie Tarrant (NM), Courtenay Dempsey (Ess), Shaun Atley (NM), Jordan Roughead (WB), Tayte Pears (Ess), Sean Lemmons (GC)

and R3

all for sale

and N35 + N37 can be packaged for earlier picks

have 43 players after getting Oxley with R1

So i cant use all of  N35 + N37 + R3 so can all go for a 1st rounder if they interest someone