2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: Rids on November 16, 2015, 05:37:25 PM
Sorry to be annoying. Is there a timeframe for when the last couple of trades will be processed? Just want to make sure all is ready to go for us at the Giants with delistings etc.

Cheers
Omg i think i know this one, final trades to be processed on the 23rd of November :P Its in the dates thread (if thats what your asking)

Rids

Quote from: iZander on November 16, 2015, 05:56:16 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 16, 2015, 05:37:25 PM
Sorry to be annoying. Is there a timeframe for when the last couple of trades will be processed? Just want to make sure all is ready to go for us at the Giants with delistings etc.

Cheers
Omg i think i know this one, final trades to be processed on the 23rd of November :P Its in the dates thread (if thats what your asking)

Nah not what I was asking.

Cheers Ringo for processing the trades!

GoLions

Relating to what Rids asked, if a trade is posted before the 23rd and not passed (after the 23rd), how long until it needs to be fixed?

Also, are there any restrictions on trade period 2 except for being one-for-one trades?

iZander

Not long left in the trade period now! So if you're keen to do some last minute trading hit me up :D
I could potentially have a forward on the table for a decent midfielder :P

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on November 16, 2015, 08:23:31 PM
Relating to what Rids asked, if a trade is posted before the 23rd and not passed (after the 23rd), how long until it needs to be fixed?

Also, are there any restrictions on trade period 2 except for being one-for-one trades?
If a trade is rejected you will have 48hrs to renegotiate.
Only other restriction in trade period 2 is you are limited to movements you have left.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on November 16, 2015, 09:39:49 PM
Quote from: GoLions on November 16, 2015, 08:23:31 PM

If a trade is rejected you will have 48hrs to renegotiate.
Only other restriction in trade period 2 is you are limited to movements you have left.
Cheers Ringo

kilbluff1985

Lachlan Hansen (NM), Robbie Tarrant (NM), Courtenay Dempsey (Ess), Shaun Atley (NM), Jordan Roughead (WB), Tayte Pears (Ess), Sean Lemmons (GC)

and R3

all for sale

SydneyRox

Bunnies have done list management and we have some bargain young players for trade.

Looking for pick upgrades on Nat picks 8, 26, 27 and 42

Pkbaldy

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 18, 2015, 01:33:27 AM
Bunnies have done list management and we have some bargain young players for trade.

List of these young players??  8)

nostradamus

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 18, 2015, 08:34:36 AM

a reasonable point  ::)

SydneyRox

Quote from: nostradamus on November 18, 2015, 09:21:48 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 18, 2015, 08:34:36 AM

a reasonable point  ::)

It depends on which round you want to  upgrade but guys like Bugg, Lever, Plowman, Rohan, Bews, Lyons, Neade, Murdoch, Zac Williams, Matt Shaw, Clay Smith, Jarrod Garlett and Lamb

iZander

Hey guys, I've been thinking about suggestions for how trades are processed next year and i thought id make this suggestion.

The trade system runs much like this year (Ringo accepts and rejects trades), however if a trade is challenged, instead of going to the trade committee, its goes to a vote by all the coaches. This way, the trade committee is conducted by people who know how british runs and are familiar with sportal scoring ect.

My reason for this is i think that everyone voting on every trade is not ideal, its take a lot of time and there is no doubt there is huge bias (example top teams unable to win a trade).

Thoughts/comments?

nostradamus

Quote from: iZander on November 18, 2015, 05:19:33 PM
Hey guys, I've been thinking about suggestions for how trades are processed next year and i thought id make this suggestion.

The trade system runs much like this year (Ringo accepts and rejects trades), however if a trade is challenged, instead of going to the trade committee, its goes to a vote by all the coaches. This way, the trade committee is conducted by people who know how british runs and are familiar with sportal scoring ect.

My reason for this is i think that everyone voting on every trade is not ideal, its take a lot of time and there is no doubt there is huge bias (example top teams unable to win a trade).

Thoughts/comments?

Totally oppose it myself, just have to look at WXV and how trades work there........it's a shambles. Trades seem to be affected by personal agendas, biases against teams/coaches and at times even a pack mentality

iZander

Quote from: nostradamus on November 18, 2015, 05:47:32 PM
Quote from: iZander on November 18, 2015, 05:19:33 PM

Thoughts/comments?

Totally oppose it myself, just have to look at WXV and how trades work there........it's a shambles. Trades seem to be affected by personal agendas, biases against teams/coaches and at times even a pack mentality
Would only be for those trades which are challenged, which in this trade period is 0?? i think

Rids

Most of the time the trade committee is used is for trades where NRich and Ringo are associated. My suggestion for this is to use 3 coaches from BXV who do not have any investment in the trade. The coaches can be selected at the time of the trade and can be rotated around.

I would suggest that we keep the trades committee however for challenged trades which there are hardly any. We have only had one this period so far.

I would hate to see any voting system introduced no matter how simplistic or complicated. As Nostra said earlier, there are a lot of different influences, variables and opinions people use when voting. It generally leads to more than required discussion about the trade and clogs up threads etc.