2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: nrich102 on November 01, 2015, 06:37:46 PM
Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:34:51 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 01, 2015, 06:33:20 PM
Want to trade Adams to us instead Rids/Nost so you have a permanent captain in Ebert next year? lol
Stay away! he's mine  :P
Fight me  :P
I don't think i could fight a koala :P

Rids

Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:30:55 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 01, 2015, 06:27:13 PM
Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:24:35 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 01, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
I am a little confused here. Do people actually think we are tanking?

Just when Nostra and I were talking about pushing for finals in 2016 as well haha! Gold.
I feel like I'm missing something here? can i get a bit of context?

People have complained about the Ebert trade we did because they felt we were losing our only captain option even though Adams averaged more than Ebert in 2015.

***post in the trades and rulings threads
lol oops, i didn't realise. note to self, check all threads first.

Yeah adams is certainly a better captain than Ebert and i rate lennon pretty highly, so don't have a problem with the trade personally.
But finals in 2016 is very optimistic ;)

We dont think it is that far out of reach tbh. Just need Zaka to find that form from a couple of years ago and have Hutchings continue with the form he had late in the season when he cemented his spot in the Eagles best 22. Jordan Murdoch every chance to be a defender. We have also targeted certain players who we thought would be traded or would break out in 2016 (Jed Anderson, Ben Kennedy, Hampton, Hrovat types). I can tell you now as a Tiger supporter that Ben Lennon is very best 22. After the reaction of all the fans when he was left out in the Elim final, that wont happen again.

At the end of the day we get a guy who was injured from halfway in the year in Lumumba and then had to play as a 3rd tall defender due to injuries to guys like Sam Frost and Colin Garland. A first round pick nat 12. And a guy who is likely to break out big time in 2016 in Ben Lennon. We traded in Melksham, Hutchings and Zaka to do exactly this. We knew Adams averaged 10+ more than Ebert in 2015 in BXV so this was the plan for a while.

As you would know Zander, we have actively shopped all of Hutchings, Zaka and Langford and no-one was really interested. This is what I have been saying for a while now. For a team to do a full rebuild, they have to do it through the draft. Trading with the guys we have won't get you the big names. We have tried non stop to do so.

We will respect the decision of the committee but this did surprise us. Nostra and I have been doing the XV comps for a few years now and know what we are doing. Every coach has a right to appeal the trade decision so no problems there.

Here is my reasoning anyways for those that had questions. We are happy to go into more depth if required.

Cheers

nrich102

Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:39:01 PM
Want to trade Adams to us instead Rids/Nost so you have a permanent captain in Ebert next year? lol
Koalas are carnivores aren't they?  :P

iZander

Quote from: nrich102 on November 01, 2015, 06:43:39 PM
He says with a mouthful of gum leaves :P

nrich102

Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:44:49 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 01, 2015, 06:43:39 PM
He says with a mouthful of gum leaves :P
:P

iZander

Quote from: Rids on November 01, 2015, 06:41:32 PM
Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:30:55 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 01, 2015, 06:27:13 PM
Quote from: iZander on November 01, 2015, 06:24:35 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 01, 2015, 06:14:44 PM
I am a little confused here. Do people actually think we are tanking?

Just when Nostra and I were talking about pushing for finals in 2016 as well haha! Gold.
I feel like I'm missing something here? can i get a bit of context?

People have complained about the Ebert trade we did because they felt we were losing our only captain option even though Adams averaged more than Ebert in 2015.

***post in the trades and rulings threads
lol oops, i didn't realise. note to self, check all threads first.

Yeah adams is certainly a better captain than Ebert and i rate lennon pretty highly, so don't have a problem with the trade personally.
But finals in 2016 is very optimistic ;)

We dont think it is that far out of reach tbh. Just need Zaka to find that form from a couple of years ago and have Hutchings continue with the form he had late in the season when he cemented his spot in the Eagles best 22. Jordan Murdoch every chance to be a defender. We have also targeted certain players who we thought would be traded or would break out in 2016 (Jed Anderson, Ben Kennedy, Hampton, Hrovat types). I can tell you now as a Tiger supporter that Ben Lennon is very best 22. After the reaction of all the fans when he was left out in the Elim final, that wont happen again.

At the end of the day we get a guy who was injured from halfway in the year in Lumumba and then had to play as a 3rd tall defender due to injuries to guys like Sam Frost and Colin Garland. A first round pick nat 12. And a guy who is likely to break out big time in 2016 in Ben Lennon. We traded in Melksham, Hutchings and Zaka to do exactly this. We knew Adams averaged 10+ more than Ebert in 2015 in BXV so this was the plan for a while.

As you would know Zander, we have actively shopped all of Hutchings, Zaka and Langford and no-one was really interested. This is what I have been saying for a while now. For a team to do a full rebuild, they have to do it through the draft. Trading with the guys we have won't get you the big names. We have tried non stop to do so.

We will respect the decision of the committee but this did surprise us. Nostra and I have been doing the XV comps for a few years now and know what we are doing. Every coach has a right to appeal the trade decision so no problems there.

Here is my reasoning anyways for those that had questions. We are happy to go into more depth if required.

Cheers
Yeah, i quite like the trades you have done this trade period, and those players have every chance of breaking out for sure but i still think 2016 finals is optimistic :P But thats good, i like optimistic :)

To do a full rebuild i feel like you should trade me adams, i have some picks to offer :P

Rids

For the first time since we took over the Giants we are being optimistic. Finals should always be the goal. Only takes one or 2 to break out and a couple of others like Leuey to get the opportunity and you never know your luck.

iZander

Going into my last exam soon, afterwards ill be on holidays! So I'm looking to get even more involved with some trading.
Im happy with my defensive supplies atm so I'm willing to put Rory Laird on the market.

21 year old averaging 126 as a defender. 4th best defender as far as i know.

Also players such as Jacks Newnes and Stefan Martin are on the table.

Pretty much anyone below can be traded :P

Def: Michael Hurley (Ess), Robert Murphy (WB), Jack Newnes (StK), Rory Laird (Adel), Jasper Pittard (Port), Steven May (GC), Jackson Trengove (Port), Luke Brown (Adel), Ryan Schoemakers (Haw), Joel Hamling (WB), Bradley McKenzie (NM), Sam Frost (Melb), Caleb Marchbank (GWS), Billy Gowers (Carl), James Kelly

Mid: David Mundy (Fre), Nathan Jones (Melb), Stephen Hill (Fre), Daniel Wells (NM), Ryan Bastinac (Bris), Jonathan O'Rourke (Haw), Trent Dumont (NM), Cory Gregson (Geel), Jacob Townsend (Rich)

Ruck: Stefan Martin (Bris)

Fwd: Brendon Goddard (Ess), Drew Petrie (NM), Shane Edwards (Rich), Jake Stringer (WB), Craig Bird (Ess), Matthew Pavlich (Fre), Angus Monfries (Port), Cameron Pedersen (Melb), Patrick McGinnity (WC), Jayden Foster (Carl), Simon Tunbridge

iZander

nostradamus

Announcement from the Grope Lane Giants

Due to list management and team balance issues we're looking at possibly delisting Eli Templeton.

Therefore he's gettable for a simple pick upgrade

Ringo

Also a reminder that de-listings are required by 22nd November 2 weeks to go, 2 teams have not yet de-listed any so remember that if you do not de-list retired players thet will stay on your list.  Also remember that you must have sufficient vacancies on your lists to take  picks in drafts.

De-listings to be done in this thread

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104670.0.html

Rusty00

Anyone after some late trade action with only 2 weeks to go?

Still after a forward. Can offer up Hibberd for a premo forward, or alternatively Pick 17, Pick 22, Pick 38, Sam Fisher, Jimmy Bartel, Troy Chaplin, Matt Buntine, Sam Gibson, Andrew Moore, Liam Dawson are on the table for a lower ranked F4/F5 type.

Also, if anyone wants to offload depth players or rookie picks (first 2 rounds) in exchange for late ND picks (38, 50, 60 66), then hit me up.

cheers

kilbluff1985

Dragons trade N28

Giants trade Eli Templeton + N37

fairly self explanatory

nostradamus

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 08, 2015, 11:11:39 PM
Dragons trade N28

Giants trade Eli Templeton + N37

fairly self explanatory

Confirmed

Templeton was surplus to our needs, but he's a ripper kid who's highly rated at the Saints. We see the Nat pick upgrade as fair compensation

**but l think we need to post this in the trade thread KB  ;)

LF

nostradamus

Quote from: LF on November 08, 2015, 11:15:33 PM
Wrong thread

As was indicated by the asterix's above ^^^ lol

.......but all good, done now