2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 05, 2015, 10:28:22 PM
The real question is, why did a draft pick have to be added on top of Dixon? Cockatoo hasn't shown much yet!

Not our trade matey

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2015, 10:29:47 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 05, 2015, 10:28:22 PM
The real question is, why did a draft pick have to be added on top of Dixon? Cockatoo hasn't shown much yet!
The trade was modified
Dixon for Cockatoo N56 or something

Aha for some reason I read it as the modified trade had 31 added to it. My bad

Rusty00

If anyone is after some young and/or depth players the following guys are on the table:

Sam Fisher, Matt Buntine, Adam Kennedy, Keenan Ramsey, Matthew Stokes, Sam Gibson, Andrew Moore, Liam Dawson, Josh Glenn, Dean Kent, Mitch Honeychurch, Jake Melksham, James Sicily, Mitchell McGovern

First preference would be to package up for a better player, however am also looking for a ruckman. Would also consider accepting draft picks although not really interested in anything after 2nd round picks.

Send through your offers if you're interested

nostradamus

Quote from: Rusty00 on Today at 08:31:49 AM

Winchester Werewolves give: Jake Melksham + Adam Kennedy

Grope Lane Giants give: N17 + N38

Reasoning: Melksham and Kennedy are depth which the Giants are looking for. Another first round pick gives us a chance to pick up some quality in the draft or some leverage in future trades.

Rids to confirm

Confirmed. The rebuild is now well and truly ahead of schedule at Grope Lane. We are taking a risk with Melksham and Kennedy as we are giving up a coveted first rd pick as well as another decent one. The plan has always been to rebuild through top end draft picks and then be selective with depth players so we are more than competitive in 2016. Melksham and Kennedy are exactly what we needed.

***Great trade guys, fits in perfectly with both teams needs ......... no extended back and forth, quick simple negotiation with neither party trying to squeeze extra out of the deal.

Kudos to both Rusty & Rids  8)

elephants

Quote from: nostradamus on October 07, 2015, 03:16:45 PM
***Great trade guys, fits in perfectly with both teams needs ......... no extended back and forth, quick simple negotiation with neither party trying to squeeze extra out of the deal.

Extras to ensure the deal isn't blocked :p

Rids

Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2015, 03:29:22 PM

I am assuming this is a poor attempt of a joke.

I reckon you got to be a little careful though as this could easily be read in a different way to the intention.

We have and will always accept Ringo's thoughts and rulings. Just wanted to make sure this was clear if someone read too much into the previous comment.

elephants

Quote from: Rids on October 07, 2015, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2015, 03:29:22 PM

I am assuming this is a poor attempt of a joke.

I reckon you got to be a little careful though as this could easily be read in a different way to the intention.

We have and will always accept Ringo's thoughts and rulings. Just wanted to make sure this was clear if someone read too much into the previous comment.

Haha wowwwwww. Chill the flower out dude :s

Surely you're not serious?

Its a bit of banter, nothing more. Lighten up. ::)

Rids

Yes I am serious.  I am way too old for what people think is banter these days. Each to their own but I will always set the boundaries of what I like and dont like.

As I said, being much older than most around here I am very set in my ways and don't see it changing. It is who I am and I won't apologise for that.

elephants

Haha I was gonna make a comment about your age, kinda glad I didn't now :p

Rids

Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2015, 04:07:14 PM
Haha I was gonna make a comment about your age, kinda glad I didn't now :p

I fully understand that Nostra and I are talking to many in a different age bracket to us, and we respect that. Needs to be both ways and people need to understand that they are talking to 2 older guys when dealing with us. I do understand that this sounds hard or serious but it is what it is. We are pretty laid back usually and never really waste anyone's time. We both enjoy the XV comps but there are boundaries.

If I read a comment and I can see how it can be misread or mis-interrupted to the intention and if it involves me, then I think I have to make a comment to clear it up.

elephants

Sure man, whatever floats your boat :p

Spite

This may be inappropriate but how old are you Rids/Nos/Rusty/Jhello? I think I know roughly everyone else's ages and this does seem to be a relatively "older" league compared to the other leagues on this forum

elephants

For all those interested, Ricochet has just celebrated his 40th birthday (although he does look a lot older).

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on October 07, 2015, 04:28:37 PM
For all those interested, Ricochet has just celebrated his 40th birthday (although he does look a lot older).
and Ele his 12th (although that may not surprise many)

Rids

Quote from: Spite on October 07, 2015, 04:26:49 PM
This may be inappropriate but how old are you Rids/Nos/Rusty/Jhello? I think I know roughly everyone else's ages and this does seem to be a relatively "older" league compared to the other leagues on this forum

I am 40 mate. No issues sharing.