2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

Quote from: Ringo on October 04, 2015, 07:43:18 PM
And I will be ruling on all this week. There are some that I have questions on and I will be contacting coaches involved.

Not trying to pressure at all.

More looking for a timeframe as we have halted our trades until we get these ones ruled on.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on October 05, 2015, 05:13:54 PM
And I will be ruling on all this week. There are some that I have questions on and I will be contacting coaches involved.

More looking for a timeframe as we have halted our trades until we get these ones ruled on.
Im sure by this week he meant Monday night ;) hehe
My trades have halted too, waiting for a particular trade to be passed. But i guess we have plenty of time to trade :)

Rids

Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

My trades have halted too, waiting for a particular trade to be passed. But i guess we have plenty of time to trade :)

Speak for yourself matey. My work commitments are about to go crazy again which might see me out of action for quite a few weeks.

iZander

Quote from: Rids on October 05, 2015, 05:20:33 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 05, 2015, 05:19:18 PM

Speak for yourself matey. My work commitments are about to go crazy again which might see me out of action for quite a few weeks.
Haha, yeah fair enough, i have my final exams in 3 weeks then a few months off :)

Rids

Cheers Ringo for processing our trades.

I have updated our current squad on the Grope Lane Giants team board. It is under the heading 'Updated 2016 Squad (Post Approved Trades/Draft)' - http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99434.msg1680785.html#new

Picks nat 27, 37 and 38 are on the table for some depth players. Feel free to message Nostra and myself anyone that fits that bill.

We are also interested in improving our position in regards to draft picks so if you see any depth players eg: McStay, Close, Grant types that you like then once again flick us a message.

I have a very hectic work schedule coming up after this week that will keep me pre-occupied for the next month or so and it would be good if we can get the discussions mostly done by then.

Cheers
Rids

Torpedo10

Just thought I'd mention that KB & I's trade has been ruled against by Ringo, a touch disappointing but he has the final say.

Ringo

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 05, 2015, 08:53:53 PM
Just thought I'd mention that KB & I's trade has been ruled against by Ringo, a touch disappointing but he has the final say.
Just to note that at this point trade has still not officially been rejected and giving you both time to adjust as per advices.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2015, 09:56:49 AM
Trade 25
Grope Lane Giants give A. Everitt + J. Aish + nat 52
Oxford Owls give nat 9 + nat 27 + A. Black
Trade Approved Giants now have 6 picks in the first round of the National Draft something I took into consideration prior to approving trade.
Just out of curiosity, why does this need to be taken into consideration? If they wanna trade players for high draft picks, then so be it. As long as the trades are fair, I couldn't give two showers if they had the entire first round to themselves.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: GoLions on October 05, 2015, 09:53:01 PM
Trade 25
Trade Approved Giants now have 6 picks in the first round of the National Draft something I took into consideration prior to approving trade.
Just out of curiosity, why does this need to be taken into consideration? If they wanna trade players for high draft picks, then so be it. As long as the tra

des are fair, I couldn't give two showers if they had the entire first round to themselves.

i see it as

it means it probably helped the trade get approved  that it was a good thing

but could be wrong with my interpretation

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 05, 2015, 09:58:10 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 05, 2015, 09:53:01 PM
Trade 25
Just out of curiosity, why does this need to be taken into consideration? If they wanna trade players for high draft picks, then so be it. As long as the tra

des are fair, I couldn't give two showers if they had the entire first round to themselves.

i see it as

it means it probably helped the trade get approved  that it was a good thing

but could be wrong with my interpretation
You have to keep an eye on it - What would the reaction be if say the Werewolves or Rams had 6 picks in the first round. i would be crucified for allowing it so also need to keep an eye on balance across the whole competition.

LF

I see it as making sure they haven't weakened the team by trading out too many starters for Nat picks which is basically a player that might not even play for a couple of seasons

Nige

Quote from: LF on October 05, 2015, 10:04:30 PM
I see it as making sure they haven't weakened the team by trading out too many starters for Nat picks which is basically a player that might not even play for a couple of seasons
Yeah, they could potentially draft the next Cale Morton with one of their picks, which I assume is Ringo's worry with an already weak-ish team having too many picks. meow had half the second round in Worlds last year though and cleaned up. Rids and nostra will have no worries, they're good coaches with a keen eye for talent and don't squander their picks.

Rids

I think it is very important thing to consider when processing trades. How does this impact the comp and is it in a hugely negative way?

Agree with LF as well. It has been a juggling act for us to make sure we are improving the overall team without hurting on field points. We see guys like MacMillan, Hutchings, Murdoch, Haynes and Cloke as important in regards to this. As well as getting some decent ruck depth.

JBs-Hawks

The real question is, why did a draft pick have to be added on top of Dixon? Cockatoo hasn't shown much yet!

iZander

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 05, 2015, 10:28:22 PM
The real question is, why did a draft pick have to be added on top of Dixon? Cockatoo hasn't shown much yet!
The trade was modified
Dixon for Cockatoo N56 or something