2015/16 Trade Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on September 04, 2015, 10:58:44 AM
Also, a request to sticky the team list by position thread.  :)
Need to ensure it is correct and up to date before I sticky it though. It is out a fair bit and will take some time to sort out.  Will do when happy with it.

Nige

Quote from: elephants on September 04, 2015, 11:11:42 AM
Can't believe people have been working on trades before we even had the scoring system worked out :P
I guess we know the main part of the scoring system, that isn't in doubt, so it's just whether we add the extra stuff.

elephants

Quote from: Nige on September 04, 2015, 11:19:59 AM
Can't believe people have been working on trades before we even had the scoring system worked out :P
I guess we know the main part of the scoring system, that isn't in doubt, so it's just whether we add the extra stuff.

Still, it all makes a difference!

(now reply to your pm :p)

Ringo

For the benefit of those who apparently have noit read the rules discussion page I will paste this resolving of issue here:

"We have voted in the second round of voting to use a Customised Scoring system in Ultimate Footy, In keeping with this desire I am now making the following ruling on what scoring will be invoked for next year to give certainty to people who wish to trade based on which system we use.

As administrator I have this right to enhance the competition which I believe we will be doing by going down this Customized scoring system. Remember this system was narrowly defeated last year mainly due to a cost factor which has now resolved itself. And as we all agree a combination SC/DT system was not a desired outcome as evidenced by discrepancies.

So what will be the scoring system for next year:

We will use Customiized UF with points matching the ex Sportal Scoring system where there is a direct correlation. If UF add Uncontested Possessions and Clangers in January we will add. Do not think these 2 will have a great influence scoring wise so addition should be minimal.

To make some players a little more relevant in the competition we will be adding the following 2 stats only.
Marks 3 Points
Spoils 2 Points.

Have been thinking for a long time how to make key position forwards and defenders a little more relevant and adding these 2 stats will assist their profiles.

One other factor that I will clarify - UF does change positions during the season but for our competition positions as at start of round 1 will be the positions used for the year."

elephants

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2015, 11:19:23 AM
Need to ensure it is correct and up to date before I sticky it though. It is out a fair bit and will take some time to sort out.  Will do when happy with it.
But our lists didn't change during the season? So should already be up to date, shouldn't it? ???

Nige

Quote from: elephants on September 04, 2015, 11:28:12 AM
How do we block trades?

#bants
By being a jerk and voicing your displeasure either publicly (if you really wanna make waves) or via PM to Ringo.  :P

Quote from: GoLions on September 04, 2015, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2015, 11:19:23 AM
But our lists didn't change during the season? So should already be up to date, shouldn't it? ???
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Ringo

To clarify I did not do the lists originally so did not keep up to date hence why it is out.

Rids

Why? We can all still discuss trades and then lock them in after the scoring system was sorted earlier this week.

Trading is the fun part of the XV comps.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Rids on September 04, 2015, 11:32:42 AM

Why? We can all still discuss trades and then lock them in after the scoring system was sorted earlier this week.

Trading is the fun part of the XV comps.

don't matter what the scoring system is i still needed defenders

elephants

Haha okay okay do what ya want ;)

Quote from: Nige on September 04, 2015, 11:30:10 AM
Quote from: elephants on September 04, 2015, 11:28:12 AM
How do we block trades?

#bants
By being a jerk and voicing your displeasure either publicly (if you really wanna make waves) or via PM to Ringo.  :P

haha I do like a good wave or two

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2015, 11:31:47 AM
To clarify I did not do the lists originally so did not keep up to date hence why it is out.
I think they're talking about this thread Ringo

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99259.0.html

I haven't taken a close look recently but I updated it at the start of the season so should be correct.

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 04, 2015, 11:50:10 AM
Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2015, 11:31:47 AM
I think they're talking about this thread Ringo

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99259.0.html

I haven't taken a close look recently but I updated it at the start of the season so should be correct.
Yeah, that one :)

kilbluff1985

my defense wont be recognizable next year with Salem, Oxley and Malceski

Pkbaldy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 04, 2015, 12:09:08 PM
my defense wont be recognizable next year with Salem, Oxley and Malceski

Sounds decent too. Oxley can string good games and Salem could break out next year.