Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on September 01, 2015, 04:05:50 PM
One other factor that I will clarify - UF does change positions during the season but for our competition positions as at start of round 1 will be the positions used for the year.

Positions from UF or should we just go positions off SC? Or will they be 100% the same?

Ringo

No matter which comp all positions start the same PK so whatever UF positions are at Rd 1 will be constant for the season.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on September 01, 2015, 04:11:00 PM
No matter which comp all positions start the same PK so whatever UF positions are at Rd 1 will be constant for the season.

Thanks man. I've never played UF so I got no idea haha.

Spite

Ok done. Just to confirm, are you certain we will have access to Spoils? Or is this 1%ers? As a spoil is a 1%er.

Ringo

Spoils are listed in the Premium Package for Ultimate Footy which we will be using to customize so will be available.

Rids

I am a fan of the added stats so all good here. Just trying to get it sorted prior to Friday while playing a little Devil's advocate due to me not being an inaugural BXV coach which you have now done. Brilliant stuff matey!

Just quickly...

UF positions are not the same as DT or SC even at round 1. They often use their own discretion when allocating eg: McVeigh has been a defender all year.

Nige

Quote from: Rids on September 01, 2015, 04:20:34 PM
UF positions are not the same as DT or SC even at round 1. They often use their own discretion when allocating eg: McVeigh has been a defender all year.
This is true.

Sportal was run by Virtual Sports iirc, so the same as SC and DT, so I guess we should be using the same positions as them rather than change them throughout like AF/UF.

Spite

Quote from: Rids on September 01, 2015, 04:20:34 PM

I am a fan of the added stats so all good here. Just trying to get it sorted prior to Friday while playing a little Devil's advocate due to me not being an inaugural BXV coach which you have now done. Brilliant stuff matey!

Just quickly...

Easy fix. Were there any players in UF last season that were not the same as DT even with DPP? For example, was McVeigh a defender only? If he cannot be put into the midfield at all, then we will have to use the UF positions otherwise it has to be all done manually and that is a lot more extra work for Ringo

If McVeigh has DPP, then we would just play him as a midfielder all season and not a defender, for example.

Rids

I will have a look over the weekend and make sure there weren't any of these types. I am pretty sure there wasn't. It was mostly that players got DPP when they were position only in DT and SC.

Memphistopheles

FYI if you're doing a PLUS league, which will need to be done to use the spoils stats, you can set the player positions in the league manually as well if you like.

So at the start of the year someone could remove any extra positions from players if we wanted.

From the UF Help section

What if our league doesn't agree with the positions changes?

You can either Lock Original Positions as mentioned above, or alternatively use the Edit Player Positions tool available to Features PLUS leagues to customise player positions on an individual basis.

Rusty00

Where does the "spoils" stat come from. I've done a search and can't find any site that lists it in their player season stats ???

AFL.Com don't have it, HeraldSun don't appear to have it?

Ringo

With the AFL confirming the sub rule is dead from next year need for some discussion on what we will do next year.

Do we still keep 4 emergencies one for each line?

How do we treat player replacements before half time? Do we say bad luck or do we say if a player is replaced before half time then his replacement from same line will have 50% of their score added?

or do we keep our rules as is with existing sub rule?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2015, 03:58:56 PM
With the AFL confirming the sub rule is dead from next year need for some discussion on what we will do next year.

How do we treat player replacements before half time? Do we say bad luck or do we say if a player is replaced before half time then his replacement from same line will have 50% of their score added?

Set it so it replaces injured players who played less than 25% of the game?

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on September 04, 2015, 04:00:44 PM

Set it so it replaces injured players who played less than 25% of the game?

GoLions

Yes

I don't think we should say bad luck, as in the AFL if a player gets injured, he doesn't stay on the field (unless you're Rocky and don't even give two flowers). So yeah, just have to work out what % of game time is the cut off for emergencies coming on I guess? I'd probably say anywhere between 30-50%

I don't mind keeping it, but think the other option is probably better.