Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Good, I hope that makes it much easier timewise for you Ringo!

kilbluff1985

Nige

So we're essentially just shifting the whole competition to UF?

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on August 17, 2015, 06:44:17 PM
So we're essentially just shifting the whole competition to UF?
No - just using some of the features they may have to make running the competition easier.  A whole lot more investigation and logistics to take place yet. Very preliminary at this stage. There are a number of innovations we may be able to come up with to re-energise British,

Rids

The scoring format of sportal does not include marks currently.

Kick    3 Points
Handball    1 Point
Contested Possession *    4 Points
Uncontested Possession **    2 Points
Tackle    3 Points
Hitout    1 Point
Clanger ***    -5 Points
Goal    6 Points
Behind    1 Point

When we move to UF, I would like to see us possibly add marks to the above scoring.

Ricochet

I think we should try and set up the scoring as close as possible to Sportal. Thats the scoring that the comp was based on and people drafted/traded on.

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on August 20, 2015, 10:53:25 AM
I think we should try and set up the scoring as close as possible to Sportal. Thats the scoring that the comp was based on and people drafted/traded on.

Agree with this (which is why I posted the sportal scoring above) but I also think that it would be a good idea to at least discuss marks. Marks is the stat that could help make fwds and backs more relevant.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Rids on August 20, 2015, 10:47:33 AM
The scoring format of sportal does not include marks currently.

Kick    3 Points
Handball    1 Point
Tackle    3 Points
Hitout    1 Point
Clanger ***    -5 Points
Goal    6 Points
Behind    1 Point
Contested Mark         4 Points
Mark          2 Points

When we move to UF, I would like to see us possibly add marks to the above scoring.

That should even out the Def and Fwd without going over the top?

Ringo

I will list both scoring sytems here to stimulate some more discussion.  Bear in mind we can set the points ourselves so any with a direct match will be like for like.

Sportal System Previously used
Kick    3 Points
Handball    1 Point
Tackle    3 Points
Hitout    1 Point
Clanger ***    -5 Points
Goal    6 Points
Behind    1 Point

These are the scoring categories that will be available in Ultimate Footy with the enhanced package.
KI    Kicks       
HB    Handballs       
MA    Marks       
HO    Hitouts       

TK    Tackles       
FF    Free Kicks For       
FA    Free Kicks Against       
FD    Free Kick Differential       
GL    Goals       
BH    Behinds       

D    Disposals    
ED    Effective Disposals    
IED    Ineffective Disposals    
CP    Contested Possessions    
R50    Rebound 50s        
SP    Spoils    
CL    Clearances

I have marked in green matching categories in UF.  Orange in UF are what I consider to be clangers.
Uncontested Possessions may or may not be added to UF next year.

The big question for discussion is do we want to add some going forward.
Note there is no distinction between Contested or Uncontested Marks in UF so if we ant Marks need to decide on a scoring value.
I would also like to see spoils come into our stats to make some defenders more relevant as well.
Just think the additions of Marks and Spoils would add a little to our comp. Not real keen on adding any others although there may be an argument to include clearances.

Now that we have agreed to scoring system we just need to agree on categories prior to trade period opening as it may effect players you wish to trade.

feel free to discuss further

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on August 20, 2015, 10:53:25 AM
Agree. My preference would be not to add other stats.

Rids

There is a difference between ineffective and clanger.

When I get home I will grab the CD definitions and share.

Ringo

Thanks Rids but was just trying to match up clangers. Realise there is a difference.  Think I read in UF last year they may consider Clangers in future years so they may include this year,

Was suggesting adding stats as an alternative to those we do not have a match for but as you know it is your competition so feel free to keep the comments coming,

Rids

Kick Ineffective:

All Behinds
high-risk kicks as well as the amount of off-target kicks that aren't necessarily turnovers or clangers. Doesn't matter about pressure on the situation.

Kick Clanger:

All out on the full besides kicks off the ground
The outcome of a kick clanger is that the opposition ends up with possession eg: direct turnover to opposition player, out on the full.

Nige

I'd still like to see defenders and forwards rewarded a little more or something, so what Marlon (Pk) said with the marking stuff would be fair imo, otherwise it's basically just a game for mids and whoever has the best midfield wins.

Rids

Quote from: Nige on August 20, 2015, 12:13:19 PM
I'd still like to see defenders and forwards rewarded a little more or something, so what Marlon (Pk) said with the marking stuff would be fair imo, otherwise it's basically just a game for mids and whoever has the best midfield wins.