Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Quote from: Nige on August 11, 2015, 04:43:02 PM
Has to be three strikes and you're out.

First a warning.
Second a penalty on some form.
Third and you're sacked.

It's really that simple.

Except the fact that we will struggle to get any new coaches on board... so it's really not that simple?

nrich102

Take off premiership points I reckon, would make the competition more interesting  :P

Nige

Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2015, 05:15:44 PM

First a warning.
Third and you're sacked.

It's really that simple.

Except the fact that we will struggle to get any new coaches on board... so it's really not that simple?
How so? I can't see how that affects a new coach joining the comp at all.  ???

We're trying to encourage participation and activity.

If a coach is serious about being involved, they'll submit their teams weekly.

Other existing and more experienced coaches are way too content with coasting through and are getting away with being pretty slack.

Rusty00

Quote from: Nige on August 11, 2015, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2015, 05:15:44 PM

First a warning.
Third and you're sacked.

It's really that simple.

How so? I can't see how that affects a new coach joining the comp at all.  ???

We're trying to encourage participation and activity.

If a coach is serious about being involved, they'll submit their teams weekly.

Other existing and more experienced coaches are way too content with coasting through and are getting away with being pretty slack.
I think what Spite means, which I agree with, is that there isn't exactly a backlog of coaches waiting in the wings to take over any teams. If we end up sacking coaches then we may struggle to get anyone else on board.

I agree we want constant participation and activity, however I think sacking needs to be the very, very last option.

nrich102

if we're not going to have a rookie list whats the point of a rookie draft? I think we should merge it all into one draft if there's no rookie list.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: nrich102 on August 11, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
if we're not going to have a rookie list whats the point of a rookie draft? I think we should merge it all into one draft if there's no rookie list.

Good point raised here by nrich.

Can I add my suggestion from before to have a national draft (maybe rename it the British Draft and include the rookies) and then a pre-season draft the week before the season starts?

The pre-season draft will only have a maximum of two rounds and only teams with space on their list can participate. You can perhaps delist a player or two before in case you don't have room and want to pick someone up.

The reason for having the pre-season draft is so teams can have looked at what's on offer during the pre-season and pick up any players who might have flown under the radar to strengthen their sides for the year ahead.

It could make weaker teams a bit stronger during the regular season. For example guys like Kamdyn McIntosh or Adam Oxley would have been very useful for sides like the Giants/Steins this season but prior to pre-season we had no idea that they might even get a game for their AFL clubs.

Rids

We need a rookie draft as it will include players teams have delisted and left overs from the national draft.

We can change the name however. But I see this as very important with the management and turnover of lists etc.

Spite

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 11, 2015, 06:48:05 PM

Can I add my suggestion from before to have a national draft (maybe rename it the British Draft and include the rookies) and then a pre-season draft the week before the season starts?

The pre-season draft will only have a maximum of two rounds and only teams with space on their list can participate. You can perhaps delist a player or two before in case you don't have room and want to pick someone up.

The reason for having the pre-season draft is so teams can have looked at what's on offer during the pre-season and pick up any players who might have flown under the radar to strengthen their sides for the year ahead.

It could make weaker teams a bit stronger during the regular season. For example guys like Kamdyn McIntosh or Adam Oxley would have been very useful for sides like the Giants/Steins this season but prior to pre-season we had no idea that they might even get a game for their AFL clubs.

I'm all for it. I didn't know all my defenders had fallen out of favour until the start of the year, picking up a defender for cover would have been nice!

I think the rookie draft should stay because it gives the worse teams another chance to pick up better players and also gives them another valuable thing to trade (being R1 picks)

Rids

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 11, 2015, 06:48:05 PM

I highly doubt that Oxley and McIntosh would have gone 1 and 2. Dont forget that this draft would have included all rookie draft players. I am not sold that having a draft a week prior to the season starting does anything but have compressed timeframes in which to complete it tbh.

Ringo

We will be keeping the Rookie draft as that draft occurs later in the year and will needed to be used for any teams needing players to finalise list.

I am seriously considering only 4 Rounds for National Draft and then balance of players to make up lists to 45 to come from rookie draft which will include all left over players from the previous draft and players from the rookie draft.

kilbluff1985

Spite

GoLions

Quote from: Spite on August 11, 2015, 11:11:36 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 11, 2015, 07:09:12 PM
4 rounds sounds good to me
Yep, same

Re: not naming teams

1st offence - warning
2nd offence - no captain
3rd offence - automatic loss (scores remain the same but without captain, but opposing team gets the 4 points no matter what)
4th offence - sacking

Thoughts?

nostradamus

Regardless of what penalties are imposed regarding non-naming of teams l think there needs to be some lee-way. There are many situations that arise in peoples lives that may result in an XV comp paling into insignificance for a period of time.

Maybe some clause needs to be included about "special circumstance", that Ringo needs to be notified of and some temporary arrangements be put in place (at Ringo's discretion of course).

I know this sounds a bit wishy washy, but we're all here for the same reason........we love footy and want to be involved in this great league that is BXV.

Rusty00

Quote from: nostradamus on August 13, 2015, 08:39:15 AM
Regardless of what penalties are imposed regarding non-naming of teams l think there needs to be some lee-way. There are many situations that arise in peoples lives that may result in an XV comp paling into insignificance for a period of time.

Maybe some clause needs to be included about "special circumstance", that Ringo needs to be notified of and some temporary arrangements be put in place (at Ringo's discretion of course).

I know this sounds a bit wishy washy, but we're all here for the same reason........we love footy and want to be involved in this great league that is BXV.
Yeah, I agree with this. I appreciate that we all want participation and discussion on here but things happen in RL and we don't want to be constantly looking for new coaches, as lets be honest there aren't going to be that many around. I'm happy to impose scoring penalties, but I really think a sacking should only be if it's obvious that a coach really doesn't give a stuff and goes on a continual run of inactivity.

I'm not meaning to call anyone out here, but did we actually have a problem with this issue this season? I would've thought there was no more than 5-6 times that teams weren't named?