Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Have sent out votes for all these changes mentioned above,  Just recording here so I can keep a track of future rule change discussion threads.

Pkbaldy

GoLions

Any chance of an option for unlimited movements to be added to the vote?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: GoLions on August 03, 2015, 05:02:20 PM

That's just silly girl.

Ringo

Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 03, 2015, 05:09:56 PM

That's just silly girl.
Would have to be with a cap or something similar to avoid teams getting stronger,  do not like a cap hence why I prefer limiting movements.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on August 03, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

That's just silly girl.
Would have to be with a cap or something similar to avoid teams getting stronger,  do not like a cap hence why I prefer limiting movements.
It was worth a shot :P

kilbluff1985

That's just silly girl.

hey man it works in AXVIII SC

Ringo

With the imminent scrapping of subs in AFL it is timely to have a discussion on British going forward.

My thoughts and as always open to debate assuming rule is scrapped:

1) We scrap our sub rule completely as well.
2) We revert to 3 emergencies of coaches choice to make the decision more exiting by making judicial choice of DPP players to cover positions.
3) Usual substitution of emergency rules to apply - ie if a utility player occupies the same position then the utility player is promoted to field and first available named emergency goes to utility bench. If no utility player is of same line then an emergency player from same line may be promoted.  If no player from same line available then 1st available emergency is used OOP for 1/2 points.

Thoughts and discussion welcome.

kilbluff1985

i'm confused i just know i like our current sub rule

Rusty00

I'm tempted to say scrap it as well. I like trying to have the competition as similar as possible to RL AFL and players getting injured early in games resulting in low scores is just bad luck and part of the game.

Nige

I think we scrap it.

Just name three emergencies. If they can replace a player, they do. Otherwise you cop and OOP penalty. I think it's the best and fairest way. It also encourages coaches to not half-arse the submission of their teams every week.

Pkbaldy

Awww I like the sub rule. Adds a bit more stratergy to it.

Rids

Giants never had enough depth for the sub rule to be used as a strategy haha!

Happy to scrap it when the AFL does

GoLions

When a player gets injured in the AFL, they don't get stuck with that player on the field.