Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

I'd like to keep the rookie list as I like how it is similar to the AFL.

Not a massive fan of increasing lists sizes for some teams and not others. I think if we increased the overall lists of every team like you previously mentioned it would help.

Not overly fussed on the number of trade movements.

nostradamus

i think doing away with rookie list eliminates the need to increase list sizes at all

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on July 21, 2015, 07:26:38 AM
I think increasing list size can potentially disadvantage the bottom teams as well. If there's a few rookies that don't get picked and end up playing and killing it, the bottom teams have first dibs in the rookie draft. Increasing list size makes it anyone's guess at that point of the year.
Pre-season draft could work though, with list sizes remaining the same.
What I was trying to say here, is that increasing list sizes means that  atop team could grab a rookie that ends up playing basically the whole year and kills it. Whereas if list sizes remained the same, that player would remain unpicked, and a bottom club could pick them up the next year.

Quote from: GoLions on July 21, 2015, 07:26:38 AM
One last thing, trade period (s). I'd like to increase the number of movements allowed, 15 isn't enough (or at least it wasn't for me last season :P ). Maybe bring it up to at least 20? Or maybe change what constitutes a movement. Such as on-trading picks/players, or simply picks themselves. Teams in the AFL aren't restricted here, so don't get why we are.
And to go over this again, I think on-trading players or picks shouldn't count as a movement. And movements should be raised to at least 20. Just feel too restricted when trading otherwise.

nostradamus

Yeah l agree GL, on-trading players shouldn't count as a movement

Ringo

I am in two minds on the on trading of players and picks but believe they should count but open to debate.

eg Breakers Trade Jordan Lewis for Gary Ablett - 1 movement and Gary Ablett comes onto Breaker Roster. Breakers then trade Gary Ablett for JP Kennedy. This then can be argued both ways:

1) Ablett is on your roster and when moving him on is yet another movement,

2) Ablett is on your roster but as season has not started he is moved on so the effective trade is Lewis to JP Kennedy and the Ablett to JP Kennedy should not count.

I firmly believe that if we agree to raise movements to 20 then on trading should be counted as movements whereas if we leave at 15 maybe not count on trading.

For information only 2 teams used the full 15 trades last year even with the restrictive on trading and another used 14. 8 teams used less than 10 trades as well.

Nige

It's very situational dependent though.

On-trading shouldn't count as a movement.

kilbluff1985

the year before we had a few teams reach 15 though i think

kilbluff1985

in AXVIII SC we dont have any trade limits and is much better imo

as long as trades are judged correctly and allowed if fair there are no issues why limit trades and potentially stop a bottom 4 team improving it's list

trade season just more fun without trade limits imo

i know most don't agree

i'd like it to go to vote though

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 31, 2015, 01:05:40 PM
the year before we had a few teams reach 15 though i think
Yes we had 7 teams use all trades but also that was when we had restrictions for each period which we do have now.

Pkbaldy

I reckon keeping it to 15 traded PLAYERS as the cap, just exclude NAT and Rookie picks from being added into the mixed.

e.g Dylan Shiel + Pick 9 + Pick 27 for Nat Fyfe + Pick 18 = 1 Movement used by each team.

nostradamus

Quote from: Ringo on July 31, 2015, 12:56:05 PM
I am in two minds on the on trading of players and picks but believe they should count but open to debate.

eg Breakers Trade Jordan Lewis for Gary Ablett - 1 movement and Gary Ablett comes onto Breaker Roster. Breakers then trade Gary Ablett for JP Kennedy. This then can be argued both ways:

1) Ablett is on your roster and when moving him on is yet another movement,

2) Ablett is on your roster but as season has not started he is moved on so the effective trade is Lewis to JP Kennedy and the Ablett to JP Kennedy should not count.

I firmly believe that if we agree to raise movements to 20 then on trading should be counted as movements whereas if we leave at 15 maybe not count on trading.

For information only 2 teams used the full 15 trades last year even with the restrictive on trading and another used 14. 8 teams used less than 10 trades as well.

happy with this.........20 sounds good with on-trades counting as movements

Ringo

Downside to that PK is using example Cruisers Trade Dylan Shiel to Steins for Pick 2 say - I movement for you but none for Steins and they gain a premium player with no movement.

Do not mind the idea though

Rids

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 31, 2015, 04:17:39 PM
I reckon keeping it to 15 traded PLAYERS as the cap, just exclude NAT and Rookie picks from being added into the mixed.

e.g Dylan Shiel + Pick 9 + Pick 27 for Nat Fyfe + Pick 18 = 1 Movement used by each team.

I like this

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on July 31, 2015, 04:22:53 PM
Downside to that PK is using example Cruisers Trade Dylan Shiel to Steins for Pick 2 say - I movement for you but none for Steins and they gain a premium player with no movement.

Well how about using draft and rookie picks to even out trades don't cost a movement? Yet still keep it to 15.

E.G Dylan Shiel + Pick 9 for Nat Fyfe = 1 movement for each.

Rids

Quote from: Ringo on July 31, 2015, 04:22:53 PM

Just as long as everyone is playing under the same rules then I don't see a problem with it tbh. I do like the idea a lot and hopefully it increases trading interest especially with picks.