Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

We need some form of scoring system that rewards CP... I'm sick this DT shower when i've kept players I knew had good CP... And nearly every players I have has a DT like 20 points lower than his SC because of that. To me Stadium is the most even, as it rewards Defenders and Forwards just as much as Midfielders.

nostradamus

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 29, 2015, 10:34:03 AM
We need some form of scoring system that rewards CP... I'm sick this DT shower when i've kept players I knew had good CP... And nearly every players I have has a DT like 20 points lower than his SC because of that. To me Stadium is the most even, as it rewards Defenders and Forwards just as much as Midfielders.

Agreed, and the more players that are relevant the better the comp

Nige

Yep, I agree with a lot of what has been said recently.

Stadium is closer to Sportal than our bandaid fix of SC+DT/2, as Rids said. It makes more players relevant = better comp, as nost said. I rather have more players relevant and help out the competition overall and a scoring system closer to which the one we once used which helped craft our lists.

Also means that we don't have to pay for extra UF stats and everyone can easily access Stadium.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on July 29, 2015, 10:58:30 AM
Yep, I agree with a lot of what has been said recently.

Stadium is closer to Sportal than our bandaid fix of SC+DT/2, as Rids said. It makes more players relevant = better comp, as nost said. I rather have more players relevant and help out the competition overall and a scoring system closer to which the one we once used which helped craft our lists.

Also means that we don't have to pay for extra UF stats and everyone can easily access Stadium.

And my computer/phone can load Stadium easier... DT is an asshole to connect too with showerty country connection... And FF is unreliable for me to get my scores off...

LF

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 29, 2015, 10:34:03 AM
We need some form of scoring system that rewards CP... I'm sick this DT shower when i've kept players I knew had good CP... And nearly every players I have has a DT like 20 points lower than his SC because of that.

Yep agree with this as well

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Rids on July 29, 2015, 10:09:08 AM
My main concern with the current scoring system is we are undervaluing certain players. I will use some examples:

Robert Murphy
Currently 10th on averages (defenders) in SC averaging 93
Currently 28th on averages (defenders) in DT averaging 78

Easton Wood
Currently 22nd on averages (defenders) in SC averaging 86
Currently 40th on averages (defenders) in DT averaging 73

Nathan Fyfe
Currently 1st on averages (midfielders) in SC averaging 125
Currently 12th on averages (midfielders) in DT averaging 105

Brett Deledio
Currently 2nd on averages (forwards) in SC averaging 110
Currently 11th on averages (forwards) in DT averaging 93

I am aware that there an examples the other way.

DT does not have contested/uncontested possession categories as well as clangers. This is an important thing to understand. SC is much more reflective to sportal than DT due to this.

i have Rockliff how do you think i feel? traded him in thinking 150+ average lol

Spite

By using the UF stats plus, we can get a kind of mash up of the sportal scoring, but definitely the closest to sportal possible, as we can set points for contested possessions.

On a personal level, the hedgehogs do not have any defenders and have hardly any forwards. We have had to play OOP forwards and backs this year. If we change to stadium sports and suddenly forwards and defenders have increased value, we will not be able to get them. I have yet to complain like LF about the new scoring system killing our squad but if truth be told, it is not hard for every single person to see that premiers sinking to bottom four in one season, with a top up of players from crumbled teams, is clearly the most affected team from the rule change. It has not been fun and I was happy to persist and keep building for next season but changing to stadium sports will put us even further down the list and in rebuild territory. We will come dead last (with giants - sorry giants) next season using that scoring so I am a bit biased against using it, I will admit that.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Spite on July 29, 2015, 12:03:00 PM
By using the UF stats plus, we can get a kind of mash up of the sportal scoring, but definitely the closest to sportal possible, as we can set points for contested possessions.

On a personal level, the hedgehogs do not have any defenders and have hardly any forwards. We have had to play OOP forwards and backs this year. If we change to stadium sports and suddenly forwards and defenders have increased value, we will not be able to get them. I have yet to complain like LF about the new scoring system killing our squad but if truth be told, it is not hard for every single person to see that premiers sinking to bottom four in one season, with a top up of players from crumbled teams, is clearly the most affected team from the rule change. It has not been fun and I was happy to persist and keep building for next season but changing to stadium sports will put us even further down the list and in rebuild territory. We will come dead last (with giants - sorry giants) next season using that scoring so I am a bit biased against using it, I will admit that.

I'm fine to trade out defenders and forwards... My team (when fully fit) had like 7 or 8 defs and forwards not playing. And I had like 8 midfielders to choose from all season (My own fault). So i'll be looking to dish out fwd and def depth and players for midfielders.

But I traded last year for contested possession players, I got the likes of Dangerfield and Coniglio for that reason. And most of Coniglio's games he scores good SC but showerty DT and makes his scores mediocre. And I really don't want to be paying money for custom stats when we can just use Stadium for free.

Nige

Quote from: Spite on July 29, 2015, 12:03:00 PM

I don't understand how your list turned to shower, I don't even recall you guys making any major changes in personnel over the offseason?

When fully fit, I've got a fair bit of forward and defensive depth, so I'm happy to help a struggling club.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on July 29, 2015, 12:20:57 PM
When fully fit, I've got a fair bit of forward and defensive depth, so I'm happy to help a struggling club.

Yep same here. I'm in talks with Spite atm about a defender. Just hard finding a decent value trade though... Team goes from extremely good to average depth, and I don't really want draft picks ATM. But we'll find a way.

Pkbaldy

The only thing I don't like about Stadium is the positions. They change all the time and a few are off their head. So i'd stick to SC Positions (Which come out early) because they don't change all year and Stadium scoring.

Rids

The discussion needs to take part in regards to where we go. We all understand this year has been a little odd through the necessity of making a change with the scoring of BXV. But the discussion needs to be about where we go from here.

I have said this a few times now and will highlight it. No-one will need to pay any money to set up the UF league. Coaches Panel (my website) has a good relationship with both UF and Footy Prophet so we will be able to organise something in regards to gaining access to the extra stats required.

That means we can set up the BXV league in UF for next year. We can then look at having the scoring tailored to be the same or as close to similar to Sportal as we can get.

At the end of the day we need to make sure that contested possessions are captured as well as clangers. Both are very important for the BXV competition.

Ringo

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 29, 2015, 12:38:22 PM
The only thing I don't like about Stadium is the positions. They change all the time and a few are off their head. So i'd stick to SC Positions (Which come out early) because they don't change all year and Stadium scoring.
Fair point there PK. If we go this way and depends on vote similar to this year positions as defined for game 1 will be positions for the year.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Rids on July 29, 2015, 12:41:21 PM
The discussion needs to take part in regards to where we go. We all understand this year has been a little odd through the necessity of making a change with the scoring of BXV. But the discussion needs to be about where we go from here.

I have said this a few times now and will highlight it. No-one will need to pay any money to set up the UF league. Coaches Panel (my website) has a good relationship with both UF and Footy Prophet so we will be able to organise something in regards to gaining access to the extra stats required.

That means we can set up the BXV league in UF for next year. We can then look at having the scoring tailored to be the same or as close to similar to Sportal as we can get.

At the end of the day we need to make sure that contested possessions are captured as well as clangers. Both are very important for the BXV competition.

Surely we can take out clangers?? ;) If half my team weren't footballers they'd be amazing butchers.

Rids

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 29, 2015, 12:46:36 PM

Surely we can take out clangers?? ;) If half my team weren't footballers they'd be amazing butchers.

Haha! I know that feeling  ::) ::) ::)