Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rids

We could set up a UF league and assign the players to the relevant teams etc then make up our own scoring system that could be a hybrid of Stadium and sportal.

We wouldn't need to get the stats from CD. As Rusty has said, AFL website has these but we could just use the match centre and stats centre of Stadium if we do go down that road.

Nige

LF

https://stadiumsport.com/home

That's the link to Stadium Sports home age if anyone wants to have a look at the site etc

Rids

Quote from: LF on July 21, 2015, 03:19:57 PM
https://stadiumsport.com/home

That's the link to Stadium Sports home age if anyone wants to have a look at the site etc

The site will hopefully be improved before next season as well. Been chatting to the guys and there is a lot of work planned.

Maybe people should have a play this weekend and see what they think. It is free to play and has $$$ prizes every game as well as a weekly.

The site for the articles is http://www.fantasycentre.com/afl/

If you follow Coaches Panel, you will see a few familiar names there  ::)

Pkbaldy

Stadium looks awesome tbh. And it'll stop me from forcing myself to get rid of 1 or 2 GWS players! Seeings as there is not showerty scaling involved. Need to know asap so I dont' agree to any trade...

Spite

Quote from: Memphistopheles on July 21, 2015, 10:43:46 AM
Quote from: Ringo on July 21, 2015, 08:07:19 AM
Just to clarify the round robin if we decide to continue it will be for points but will run for Rounds 1 - 3 based The 4 Teams in each Round Robin to be decided on finishing positions this year.  Realise as it currently stands teams 4 and 8 slightly disadvantaged so hence why moving to start of competitions.

Another change to consider is do we introduce a mid season draft after round 7? Rules to be agreed but basically will one by one ie a player delisted and a player taken from delisted and left over players. Draft in Reverse ladder order and not snaked and will be optional whether to participate or not.

Not a huge fan of the round robin either. Let's just play each other team once (15 AFL rounds), have the bye off (3 AFL rounds) and then finals from AFL Rounds 19, 20, 21 and 22 (skip the last AFL round due to teams resting players). Would that not work?

I'm also against a mid- season draft. I prefer this instead: "the week after the NAB Cup has ended and before the AFL season starts we have one final draft - the pre-season draft - where teams can pick a maximum of 2 players (could even be one) up if they have space on their list.

I agree with Memph on both of these points. Like the ideas here.

Regarding the change in scoring system, I'd prefer one that doesn't have too many stats to worry about, the Stadium Sports has a few too many for my liking.

UF with customisable stats looks to be the most logical choice in my eyes.

LF

Pretty sure the reason we didn't use UF this season was because it lacked a couple of vital stats we needed to replicate Sportal scoring system.
Plus to get the extra stats on UF you need to pay for them and I will not be doing that just so I can get scores.

Spite

Quote from: LF on July 21, 2015, 10:57:48 PM
Pretty sure the reason we didn't use UF this season was because it lacked a couple of vital stats we needed to replicate Sportal scoring system.
Plus to get the extra stats on UF you need to pay for them and I will not be doing that just so I can get scores.

If the choices are between too many stats and too little stats - I will be choosing the less complicated one!

LF

Quote from: Spite on July 21, 2015, 11:00:23 PM

If the choices are between too many stats and too little stats - I will be choosing the less complicated one!

My as well use DT scoring then because that's all it will be 
Actually go look at the site properly it's really not that hard,the site is easier to use than the other fantasy sites for starters

Pkbaldy

2 for kick
1 for handball

Can we use this?

Spite

Quote from: LF on July 21, 2015, 11:04:09 PM
Quote from: Spite on July 21, 2015, 11:00:23 PM

My as well use DT scoring then because that's all it will be 
Actually go look at the site properly it's really not that hard,the site is easier to use than the other fantasy sites for starters

I would prefer DT than stadium sports scoring, yes.
I have looked at the site, I am fully aware of everything about that website - not a fan.

Rids

This won't be an issue if we decide to go with UF

Rids

In regards to some stats that I would like to be discussed:

intercept marks (contested and uncontested)
goals from outside 50
spoils
clangers
hitout to advantage

I think the above would actually make more players relevant.

Example: Easton Wood who averages 74.5 in the more simplistic DT scoring system, yet 144 in the more 'complicated' stadium scoring. Wood will be AA this year.

Would love to hear thoughts from people?

nostradamus

More players relevant = better competition  8)

Nige