Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on August 16, 2015, 09:47:31 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on August 16, 2015, 09:42:17 PM
Is Ultimate Footy the ran by The Age?
Yep - Run by the Age

Well, they bought it a couple of seasons ago.

Ultimate Footy was originally created by others and Fairfax/The Age just took over. I don't think they've changed a whole lot - having The Age on board has probably been a good thing to be honest with more resources going in to the game's development.

Nige

kilbluff1985

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 17, 2015, 12:28:04 AM
Quote from: Nige on August 17, 2015, 12:26:38 AM
Salty.

want any fries with that salt?
I didn't get any at the footy today and my mate decided against a Maccas run, so yes please.

Rids

I will chat to UF and see whether I can get a 'special' league set up for BXV with the correct sportal stats. Will let you know what happens soon.

Now that this has been decided, when will the trade period open?

Ringo

Thanks for that Rids - I do have a League set in UF anyway from when we were looking at UP for this year, Can reactivate easily as well.

Trade period will open after the Grand Final due to the fact that final draft order with picks is not finalised till then.

Rids

Quote from: Ringo on August 17, 2015, 10:21:09 AM
Thanks for that Rids - I do have a League set in UF anyway from when we were looking at UP for this year, Can reactivate easily as well.

Trade period will open after the Grand Final due to the fact that final draft order with picks is not finalised till then.

Too easy. I have asked them about getting a clanger stat made available for us for the league. When I start chatting I will pass on the sportal scoring and see if they can get the league stats to match for us.

Trade period opens in 2 weeks is cool. Will there be a trade thread created before so we can post our trades prior to the period opening?

Ringo

Formal Trading Thread for recording of agreed trades will open at start of trade period.

Trade discussions can be ongoing in this thread.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104204.0.html

kilbluff1985

just thinking next year if we're keeping points for posting how about not having it during finals

Ringo

This one is open to debate - If we have the opportunity to name our teams weekly in UF which I suspect is the case then Bonus points may be gone completely.

Need to work through a few little intricacies with UF and how we do HGA. Also need to work out how we use emergencies as well. Do we do line for line with 4 emergencies named.

LF

Quote from: Ringo on August 17, 2015, 05:37:43 PM
This one is open to debate - If we have the opportunity to name our teams weekly in UF which I suspect is the case then Bonus points may be gone completely.

Need to work through a few little intricacies with UF and how we do HGA. Also need to work out how we use emergencies as well. Do we do line for line with 4 emergencies named.

If we can input our teams in and the scores are worked out for us then we have no need for the 20 bonus points.
Can't we just add HGA on here?

Stick with 4 emergencies one for each line

Spite

Quote from: LF on August 17, 2015, 06:09:17 PM

If we can input our teams in and the scores are worked out for us then we have no need for the 20 bonus points.

Agree with what LF has said.

Also if it is on UF, then the emg (one for each line) can automatically be added in as well. Saves us the hassle. Also we will be able to set emg to replace players who have had less than X% of gametime (lets say less than 50% gametime) to stop injuries ruining the week. This is a pretty good feature of UF I think.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Spite on August 17, 2015, 06:13:59 PM

Also if it is on UF, then the emg (one for each line) can automatically be added in as well. Saves us the hassle. Also we will be able to set emg to replace players who have had less than X% of gametime (lets say less than 50% gametime) to stop injuries ruining the week. This is a pretty good feature of UF I think.

That actually sounds really awesome. Nothing worse than having a player get injured in the first quarter and having a guy on the bench score 80 or 90...

Ringo

Quote from: Spite on August 17, 2015, 06:13:59 PM

Admin will have to decide on scoring points etc in UF.

If everything is able to be worked out in UF including random Draw then I think all we will have to do is add HGA to the scores each week. Would need to ensure UF's draw is fair to all with HGA though.