Rule Change Discussion for 2015/16

Started by Ringo, July 20, 2015, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

Quote from: GoLions on August 04, 2015, 04:15:03 PM
When a player gets injured in the AFL, they don't get stuck with that player on the field.

"Take me off! I broke my leg!!"

"Nah flower ya. you're staying on the field mate"

nrich102

I'd support going back to 3 emergencies and scrapping the sub rule. 3 emergencies is plenty enough really.

Memphistopheles

Scrab the sub rule but put a rule in place to say if a player is injured and out of the game 9plays no further part) before halftime the listed emergency comes on for him perhaps?

If it happens after halftime unlucky - at least you've had two quarters to get some points from him.

Ringo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 04, 2015, 11:25:03 PM
Scrab the sub rule but put a rule in place to say if a player is injured and out of the game 9plays no further part) before halftime the listed emergency comes on for him perhaps?

If it happens after halftime unlucky - at least you've had two quarters to get some points from him.
Was thinking of something like that to cover. So feel free to discuss further.

If a player is subbed out because of injury prior to half time and you have an emergency player covering that line then the emergency score will apply.
Do not think we have to involve utilities as per replacement rules,

Rids

Just as long as the sub rule is gone then I am happy with players covering for injuries.

The problem I have with the sub rule is that it favours the stronger teams that have very good depth. Sub rule is good except when it becomes used as a strategy.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Rids on August 05, 2015, 09:51:54 AM
Just as long as the sub rule is gone then I am happy with players covering for injuries.

The problem I have with the sub rule is that it favours the stronger teams that have very good depth. Sub rule is good except when it becomes used as a strategy.

um so get more depth is not that hard

Rids

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 05, 2015, 12:47:14 PM
Quote from: Rids on August 05, 2015, 09:51:54 AM

um so get more depth is not that hard

We are trying as you know. Maybe this rule needs to be re-visited after the first trade period when the team lists have started taking shape.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on August 05, 2015, 09:45:54 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 04, 2015, 11:25:03 PM

Was thinking of something like that to cover. So feel free to discuss further.

If a player is subbed out because of injury prior to half time and you have an emergency player covering that line then the emergency score will apply.
Do not think we have to involve utilities as per replacement rules,

Further to this - with only 15 scoring players on each team if one goes down early and scores say 0 it then becomes very difficult for a team to compete in the match.

Whereas in the AFL if a player goes down early with injury it might hurt them a bit late on but, it generally doesn't decide the outcome of a match.

Which is why I think having some rule for injured players would be good, to better reflect real life.

Pkbaldy

What if the player you have is injury subbed before half time, your emergency in that position (If utility, the first emergency) comes on for that player instead for either full points of that player, or injured player's score + half points of the player who has came on the field score? 

e.g for first idea; J.Martin gets injury subbed during 2nd quarter on 22 points, J.Green who is my emg moves to forwards and scores 80 points.

e.g for the second idea; J.Martin gets injury subbed during 2nd quarter on 22 points, J.Green who is my emg moves to the fowards and scores 80. So i get 22 + 40 (half of 80) = 66 for that position.

Rids

There is a every chance the sub rule won't be in for 2016. What we would need to do is outline what we consider would be an 'injury subbed' player.

Maybe time on ground % eg: 30% time on ground for a game gets the opportunity to be replaced by an emerg.

I do like the idea of having someone who is obviously injured early in the game to be replaced by a bench emerg. Just got to make sure it is easy to implement and to understand.

Nige

If we're going down that road, just make it that they can be replaced if the player is injured before half time and doesn't return.

Rids

What happens when a guy leaves early and then tries to come back on after halftime but is unable to continue?

Nige

I guess that's the thing, you need to try and account for every single possibility.

I just put in my two cents, I really don't care what the final decision is, I'm not that fussed.

kilbluff1985

that's why the current sub rule works if a situation like that happens you get your subs score

Pkbaldy

Has everyone sent in their vote for the PM you send us all yet Ringo??