high risk team

Started by nonnahs, March 21, 2010, 01:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonnahs

here you go boys high risk team..... but what you think...........

backs: enright, duffield, hargrave, grimes, hodge, gram, waters..... mcguire, nason

mids: montagna, gibbs, vince, stanton, martin, barlow..... jetta, shuey

rucks: hille, ottens.......warnock, lobbe

forwards: reiwolt, o'keefe, higgins, franklin, tippet, rohan, rockcliffe..... gumby, hitchcock

lozza63

Hey Nonnahs

Apart from the rucks it reads quite well i reckon - you going with it?

alman

Yeah rucks and 2 starting rookies in the forward not so good. Good team otherwise, not too much risk though (which isn't a bad thing).

nonnahs

hey Lozza,,,  i'd like to say yeah i am.... i do like it now.. but sure to change again...

do you like the thought of going with a lot of keepers... bit risky but could pay off or do you like a few cheaper guys to improve etc...

nonnahs

well gumby will play every week.. i figure between rockliffe hitchcock and rohan.. one of them will be playing.....

gotta take some risks to have so many keepers.. i know its risky.. i went the other approach last year.... not enough reward out of it

alman

I know what you mean, only prob with Gumby is injury risk - is almost a keeper if reaches full potential!

lozza63

I think to throw 1 or 2 cheaper mid range types would be ok - i wuld definately put Nic Nat in your rucks for say Otto - adds a bit more spice there,
I prefer Gram in DT - perhaps Kennelly there looks to have upside!
Instead of Gumby perhaps D, Stewart PTA - but u know IF Gumby holds up he'll be a good  cow!
Yeah that's about all the tinkering i would advise for what i'm worth Nonnah.

nonnahs

feinately agree he is an injury risk... but his upside is incredible...all that being said i don't expect much from him early on but to play each week which i think he will....  and rockliffe  should play most weeks aswell...

more to the point what do you think of no ablett or swan...?

lozza63

Well it is risky without them but supposing Stanton reaches super premium this year this team is interesting - i would look at Goddard as he could swap captaincy roles with Roo and Montagna.

Get Goddard for say Grimes or someone - Grimes has shocking injury history also.

nonnahs

that i agree with.. very unsure about grimes...but where do i get the extra cash to get goddard.. thats the question

lozza63

Perhaps downgrade Gram to Malceski(hopefully fit) - that will give u the required coin to upgrade Grimes.

nonnahs

cheers for the help... with the left over cash  i could upgrade hargrave to goodwin... i really like goodwin, but everyone keeps mentioning his age...  i think the backline suits him... great kick... should clean up back there

nonnahs

i also got rid of hille and put in nic nat

lozza63

All the best with it Nonnahs - cheers

nonnahs

alterations to my team.....

Back:
Goodwin
Enright
Hodge
Kelly
O'Brien
Hooker
Kennelly

McGuire
Waters

Mids:
Mitchell
Watson
Stanton
Ball
Martin
Barlow

Banner
Bastinac

Rucks:
NicNat
Seaby

McEnvoy
Warnock

Forwards:
Reiwoldt
O'Keefe
Higgins
Gray
Tippet
Medhurst
Rockliffe

Gumbleton
Hitchcock

what do you reckon all have had super presesons..............?