Tmac - too cheap to ignore?

Started by Blues Blues Blues, July 14, 2015, 09:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: HotTiges on July 20, 2015, 12:14:19 PM
New FWD role is interesting..might dent his scores a touch..oh well too late now to offload him..congrats to anyone who started him!
They really dont like Dawes at the dees if Tmac is going forward

Bully

Quote from: Capper on July 20, 2015, 01:26:18 PM
New FWD role is interesting..might dent his scores a touch..oh well too late now to offload him..congrats to anyone who started him!

3 pronged attack worked well this week, but I agree that TMac playing forward will surely dent his output (or at least his consistency).

RaisyDaisy

Boggles my mind how Dawes gets off the hook and flys under the radar as much as he does. Absolute hack

Capper

Quote from: Bully on July 20, 2015, 02:09:57 PM

3 pronged attack worked well this week, but I agree that TMac playing forward will surely dent his output (or at least his consistency).
that 3 pronged attack really worked well didnt it

MELBOURNE            5.4    7.7    7.10 8.12 (60)
BRISBANE LIONS     1.2    1.5    3.8    4.12 (36) 

your kicked 3 goals 8 after 1/4 time

Look out for the dees forward line  ::)

Not as potent as the Lions forward line though that kicked 3 goals 10

Bully

Quote from: Capper on July 20, 2015, 04:40:40 PM

Quite a few contested marks inside 50, that was my point. Things fell apart after half time but I suspect that was due to the treacle-like ball movement from the players up the ground.

_wato

Why does everyone think he's automatically got a new fwd role all of a sudden? Played defence for three quarters last week before playing forward to try and turn the game, and anyway, Essendon only had Joe Daniher as their key forward.
Played forward against Brisbane on the weekend, but I daresay, surely that was only to stretch the young Lions defence? Played on Mayes where he had 7cm and 10kg on, and there was Merrett, Clarke, Andrews etc down there, while Brisbane only really had Mcstay as their key forward (with a resting ruck) so there was no need for him to be down back..

I think we'll see him play defence against the better teams with more than one good forward, and punch hit down forward when need be. Don't think this will be a common thing.

Anyone disagree? I could be completely wrong.

Big Mac

Quote from: _wato on July 23, 2015, 04:55:17 PM
Why does everyone think he's automatically got a new fwd role all of a sudden? Played defence for three quarters last week before playing forward to try and turn the game, and anyway, Essendon only had Joe Daniher as their key forward.
Played forward against Brisbane on the weekend, but I daresay, surely that was only to stretch the young Lions defence? Played on Mayes where he had 7cm and 10kg on, and there was Merrett, Clarke, Andrews etc down there, while Brisbane only really had Mcstay as their key forward (with a resting ruck) so there was no need for him to be down back..

I think we'll see him play defence against the better teams with more than one good forward, and punch hit down forward when need be. Don't think this will be a common thing.

Anyone disagree? I could be completely wrong.

Roosy said he will start forward for the next few weeks in his presser after the Brissy game

You're obviously right though, TMac's best position is probably still going to be down back. It's just Roosy trying to get him out of the rut he's been in since the Collingwood game.

Unless Fitzy plays, TMac will start on NRoo this week (Assuming NRoo plays)

Big Mac

Quote from: Capper on July 20, 2015, 04:40:40 PM

We won didn't we? So I'd say the forward line worked pretty well

RaisyDaisy

Much prefer him down back taking intercept marks as opposed to kicking 1 goal 4 and 2 out of bounds on the full :P

Grazz

Just don't trust him had him traded him, the very next game he scored ok, maybe im jaded by that but i dont trust him to get it done in finals. Could well be wrong though been wrong about plenty this year.

Holz

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on July 19, 2015, 08:41:21 PM
Quote from: enzedder on July 19, 2015, 04:36:18 PM
Oxley 118 TMac 85
Lost 33 points this week and down one trade.
Hopefully it's not a trade I'll regret.

Same here and it cost me - lost by 9

Oxley 25 this week.

you should think Tmac should be able to make up the 33 points this week.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Holz on July 26, 2015, 04:09:22 PM
Oxley 118 TMac 85

Oxley 25 this week.

9 at 1/4 time - not the best start!

enzedder

Quote from: Holz on July 26, 2015, 04:09:22 PM
Oxley 118 TMac 85

Oxley 25 this week.

;D Just.

RaisyDaisy

Tempted to just use my last trade and turn him into Hodge, but once I've cooled down I'm sure I'll hang onto the final trade

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 26, 2015, 08:17:19 PM
Tempted to just use my last trade and turn him into Hodge, but once I've cooled down I'm sure I'll hang onto the final trade

This is why I was urging you to bring in Kelly for Tmac, doesn't look too rosy from this point on.