Tmac - too cheap to ignore?

Started by Blues Blues Blues, July 14, 2015, 09:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

Is he a good option to upgrade Oxley?

Current backs are: Shaw, Simmo, Rance, Houli, Birchall, OXLEY (Mcenzie, Lever)

Or should I bite the bullet and grab Hodge?

Bully

You're already carrying Rance so if both have off days you might find yourself losing a few league matches. Hodge is in career best form and the Hawks are just warming up.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Bully on July 14, 2015, 09:20:12 PM
You're already carrying Rance so if both have off days you might find yourself losing a few league matches. Hodge is in career best form and the Hawks are just warming up.

Yes Hodge is killing it, but I'm worried about resting as we approach finals?

HotTiges

Trades left? If you need 2 trades to grab Hodge, is it worth it instead of a single upgrade for TMac?

Capper

Massive standard deviation of 105 is a worry

Bully

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on July 14, 2015, 10:07:21 PM

Can't see it, Hawks want a top 2 position and he's already had a few matches off.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: HotTiges on July 14, 2015, 10:09:28 PM
Trades left? If you need 2 trades to grab Hodge, is it worth it instead of a single upgrade for TMac?

I have $193k and 9 trades. I also want Bartel next week

I was planning on upgrading Cripps to Rocky. 2nd trade could be:
- Oxley into Tmac, then turn Sloane to Bartel next week
- Sloane to Hodge, BUT only have $93k and need 2 trades to get Bartel next week

Tmac, Rocky and Bartel (3 trades)
Hodge, Rocky, Bartel and rookie (4 trades)

:-\

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: Bully on July 14, 2015, 10:26:16 PM

Can't see it, Hawks want a top 2 position and he's already had a few matches off.

Hmmm, true words you speak

blue

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on July 14, 2015, 10:28:06 PM
Quote from: HotTiges on July 14, 2015, 10:09:28 PM

I have $193k and 9 trades. I also want Bartel next week

I was planning on upgrading Cripps to Rocky. 2nd trade could be:
- Oxley into Tmac, then turn Sloane to Bartel next week
- Sloane to Hodge, BUT only have $93k and need 2 trades to get Bartel next week

Tmac, Rocky and Bartel (3 trades)
Hodge, Rocky, Bartel and rookie (4 trades)

:-\
With 9 trades I would go hodge

enzedder

Oxley to TMac is the only trade I've considered this week. Strongly doubt I'll do it based on saving trades for finals/ injuries. Not being a Pies fan I'm a little uncertain on Oxley as D6 till the end but he's played every game and features high in some voting (coaches I think) on pies website - equal 6th with Cloke... So even though subbed a few times I think he is good enough to keep at D6 with an 80 ave. I'm torn though as TMac is the no 1 ranked SC defender this year and there is only 50k or so difference between them.
If I had 9 trades left I'd be pulling that trigger for sure.
The 3 trade option above looks great to me. Sure it doesn't include Hodge but keeps 6 trades, improves team significantly and saves cash.

jfitty

I think McDonald is amazing value at 437k, I'm doing what I can do jump on this week.

7 scores of 120 +

He's only had 3 bad games - 67, 36 and 65, but I can live with that.

Melbourne's draw isn't too bad for the rest of the year, so I'm all over him.

poolboybob

I think he is good value at that price, but I already have Hodge, Shaw, Simpson, Newnes, Yeo and Rance. Don't think I have a place for him.

Rusty00

Quote from: Bully on July 14, 2015, 10:26:16 PM

A number of people have said this, but with Brisbane & Carlton the final 2 games of the year for the Hawks, if Hodge has any slight niggles in that old body of his leading into one of these games, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he misses one.

Jimmykidd

Would love to bring him in for hibberd. But with 5 trades left and Shiel to deal with i don't think it's an option. Spewing

no eye deer

I can get him in for Hibberd this week, but I would still be stuck with McGovern. 7grand short of straight swapping McGoven for him. :-[