WXV Round 14: Seoul face unlikely bogey team

Started by Purple 77, July 14, 2015, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: elephants on July 15, 2015, 01:14:26 PM
Quote from: Jukes on July 14, 2015, 06:29:57 PM
Also, pretty COINCIDENTAL that we had to play away against the other 3 sides gunning for spots 2-4. Very coincidental...

Just as COINCIDENTAL as the Americas SC 'Random Fixture Month' hey ;)

If you played those team away this year, it means you played them all at home last year btw.

At the end of this year, every team has played every other team home and away TWICE (or 1 home, 1 away, 2 neutral).

Holz

Also, pretty COINCIDENTAL that we had to play away against the other 3 sides gunning for spots 2-4. Very coincidental...

Isn't it good though? your going to lose either way. So it means more home games for the ones you can actually win.

Jukes

Quote from: Holz on July 15, 2015, 02:40:19 PM

Isn't it good though? your going to lose either way. So it means more home games for the ones you can actually win.

Well I rate us above Christchurch and only slightly behind MCS and PNL, so it could've hurt our chances against them if we had our best team (i.e. Jaeger and Greeny)

Quote from: ossie85 on July 15, 2015, 01:18:34 PM

If you played those team away this year, it means you played them all at home last year btw.

At the end of this year, every team has played every other team home and away TWICE (or 1 home, 1 away, 2 neutral).

We were terrible/young/building/rebuilding last year (only came like 6th), so we wasted the easy fixture :'(

Oi I'll dock you premiership points for saying that

135 points will beat any team any week bud no matter who we play

DazBurg

Quote from: ossie85 on July 15, 2015, 09:00:49 AM

You're going for Cape Town to beat Dublin Purps? Would've thought you'd love Cape Town to lose, better for Berlin

Battle of the newbies!

And the John McCarthy memorial trophy :(

I love reading these by the way, genuinely look forward to it every week.

Reckon Purps has done such an outstanding job at this, you should all vote for him for personality of the year

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,100151.0.html

(going ok with 9 votes already)

already had my vote so do you ;)

RaisyDaisy

Pacific doesn't look too bad at all on paper, and I reckon with our outs they could even be slight favourites here

Should be a close game!

Toga

Finals was always gonna be a tough ask (tbh I thought it was completely out of the question at the start of the year) so just to be in the running is a huge achievement in itself I think. We won't be disappointed whatever the outcome this year, but it would be nice to chalk up a few more wins to end the season!

roo boys!

One day Purps...one day you'll realise Toronto aren't particularly good

I just looked back through the pre game reviews (potentially my favourite part of a WXV week btw) and noticed you've backed me 9/13 games (round 2 you didn't give a prediction). I appreciate the faith, but maybe it's undeserved  :'(

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on July 15, 2015, 07:47:48 PM

I just looked back through the pre game reviews (potentially my favourite part of a WXV week btw) and noticed you've backed me 9/13 games (round 2 you didn't give a prediction). I appreciate the faith, but maybe it's undeserved  :'(

Haha lol, really 9/13? That's just proof I like you guys  :P

That stat is awesome, I really didn't know I had a bias with you guys  :-X

meow meow

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 15, 2015, 08:09:51 PM

I love reading the previews and seeing that Purps doesn't rate us, week after week after week.

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2015, 08:16:13 PM

I love reading the previews and seeing that Purps doesn't rate us, week after week after week.

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 15, 2015, 06:03:42 PM
Pacific doesn't look too bad at all on paper, and I reckon with our outs they could even be slight favourites here

Should be a close game!
Really looking forward to this one. Massive game for both clubs! #FightForFinals

meow meow

Quote from: Nige on July 15, 2015, 08:36:35 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2015, 08:16:13 PM

Haha you're not equal second on the ladder though!

5 out of 14 Purps. Really?

roo boys!

Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2015, 09:23:16 PM

So...3rd? :P

Sorry, I know your side is strong, its just frustrates me when people always claim their team is "pretty much in the 8" or something cause they've had the same amount of wins as 8th. Percentage exists for a reason!

With Christchurch's run home though (including a win against Toronto) I'm predicting a pretty decisive 2nd place finish anyway

meow meow

^ was in response to Nigel quoting me. Cairo haven't been tipped often for a reason haha.

Equal second :P Come on, it's less than 1% so I can get away with it just this once, right?

Holz will probably run out of players/tank/get beaten fair and square in round 17 to avoid playing Mexico City again the following week and put us in 4th spot. It'll backfire and we'll beat Dublin since we perform significantly better away from home, then they'll cross over onto MC/PNL's side of the draw in an away prelim. That is if they don't go out in straight sets.

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on July 15, 2015, 09:34:39 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 15, 2015, 09:23:16 PM

So...3rd? :P

Sorry, I know your side is strong, its just frustrates me when people always claim their team is "pretty much in the 8" or something cause they've had the same amount of wins as 8th. Percentage exists for a reason!

With Christchurch's run home though (including a win against Toronto) I'm predicting a pretty decisive 2nd place finish anyway

2nd is just first loser anyway