WXV Round 14: Seoul face unlikely bogey team

Started by Purple 77, July 14, 2015, 06:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

As if we have some huge scores like that from Caddy and Touk and still can't get up! That forward line still causing us problems :'(

roo boys!

9/11 scores are 88+, it's just the bottom 2 or 3 that kill me every week. Looking like I made the wrong call with Hendo vs Shaw yet again

Hopefully shouldn't affect the result though, with an extra 2 players + HGA I'm hoping Toronto don't repeat the efforts of last sunday

Nige

I guess we used up our one good Sunday for the year last week, sorry Toronto.  :P

ggwp Berlin.

Purple 77

Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2015, 03:05:37 PM
I guess we used up our one good Sunday for the year last week, sorry Toronto.  :P

ggwp Berlin.

I was getting bloody worried mind you Nige :P

Especially after all the crap I've given Cairo this year, I would have been humbled big time if we lost to you guys  :-X

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 19, 2015, 03:26:15 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2015, 03:05:37 PM

ggwp Berlin.

I was getting bloody worried mind you Nige :P

Especially after all the crap I've given Cairo this year, I would have been humbled big time if we lost to you guys  :-X

Berlin Pretenders

Fyfe isnt even that good, he is no Goldy

Nige

Let's just also remember that we've had McGovern and Hanley subbed, Beams tagged to shower and mothballed and Gordon and Hutchings as subs.  :P

#pray4karen

RaisyDaisy

Thanks Travis Choke for the 1 point

1 FLOWERING POINT!!

AaronKirk

Our worst week of the year.

Cloke and no ruck cost us massively.

Purple 77

Samurai The Storm in the Thunder

Wow! Tokyo kicked off this abnormally high scoring weekend (as you'll soon see), with their best score of the season! This win was crucial for the Samurai, as a loss may have been the nail in the coffin for their season. For Beijing, this is disastrous. They would need everything to go right from here to make that 8th spot.

Beijing Thunder (21.10.136) lost to Tokyo Samurai (24.9.153)

Best
Beijing: Josh Caddy, Touk Miller, Tom Bell
Tokyo: Chris Yarran, Luke Parker, Zac Smith, Steven Motlop, Luke Dahlhaus, Jamie Cripps

Late Changes
Beijing: Nil
Tokyo: Nil

WXV Debut
Beijing: Nil

Club debut
Beijing: Aaron Black

Reserves

Shanghai Storm (17.7.109) def Yuzawa Yakuza (16.8.104)

Best
Shanghai: Chris Dawes, Maverick Weller, Kane Lambert
Yuzawa: Aidan Corr, Harry Cunningham, Jack Frost

Purple 77

Brewers Sober Up to Finish the Game

I was worried this morning, I'll admit. Especially as Cairo were in a worse position last week and managed to win. But, my centurions all happened in the one game at from then it was decided. I'll point out that Fyfe, Steven and Treloar all failed to get a century, so hopefully that won't happen again. Cairo were cruelled by numerous vests in their side as they continue to struggle to get their midfield gelling.

Berlin Brewers (22.6.138) def Cairo Sands (17.6.108)

Best
Berlin: Daniel Cross, Max Gawn, Marco Paparone
Cairo: Luke Dunstan

Late Changes
Berlin: Nil
Cairo: Nathan Gordon replaced by Jake Batchelor

WXV Debut
Cairo: Nil

Club debut
Cairo: Nil

Reserves

Rhineland Rum-Runners (5.10.40) lost to Alexandria Heiroglyphics (6.8.44)

Best
Rhineland: Jack Redpath
Alexandria: Hugh Goddard

Purple 77

Dublin Shred Cape Town Apart

I think Dublin were destined for a score of this ilk as soon as captain Goldstein produced the highest score of the year. What is even more scary, is that this is the 3rd time Dublin as scored 180+. With Selwood and Sloane to come back in... perhaps they are hitting their invincible form at the right end of the season? For Cape Town, finals is still possible, but Dublin was the first in a horror run home.

Cape Town Cobras (21.7.133) lost to Dublin Destroyers (29.9.183)

Best
Cape Town: Shane Savage, Josh P Kennedy, Edward Curnow, Mark Blicavs
Dublin: Travis Boak, David Mundy, Scott Thompson, Nick Dal Santo, Todd Goldstein, Jarryd Roughead, Jack Gunston

Late Changes
Cape Town: Craig Bird replaced by Cameron McCarthy
Dublin: Nil

WXV Debut
Cape Town: Nil

Club debut
Cape Town: Nil

Reserves

Durban Pirates (17.11.113) def Belfast Braves (8.8.56)

Best
Durban: Nick Haynes, Nicholas O'Brien
Belfast: Ryan Schoenmakers, Neville Jetta, Josh Walker

Toga

Ah well our slim chances of finals are all but over now. Still scoring consistently in that 130-140 range which is not bad but certainly something we can probably improve on next year :)

Special mention to Josh Caddy for his huge score (his best game for the Thunder by a long shot), while Touky and Bell were also serviceable. Chris flowering Dawes puts in his best performance for the year as well when he wasn't needed!

Purple 77

Suns fall short... of doubling Armadillos score

It's not every week you score 173 and fail to get the highest score of the round... OR THE SECOND HIGHEST (as you'll soon see, a crazy week!). The suns sent a message to its fellow finals destined teams. But Buenos Aires... I'm not impressed. Sure the Dillos only had 14 players play in the AFL... but what is poor, is that you only had 11 named in the 18. Very disappointing.

Mexico City Suns (27.11.173) def Buenos Aires Armadillos (13.10.88)

Best
Mexico City: Adam Oxley, Shannon Hurn, Steele Sidebottom, Tom Rockliff, Shaun Grigg, Brett Deledio, Brendon Goddard, Jimmy Bartel, Allen Christensen, Brent Harvey
Buenos Aires: Nil

Late Changes
Mexico City: Nil
Buenos Aires: Jake Melksham, Lindsay Thomas, Tim Mebrey replaced by Ben Lennon, Jake Neade, Dale Morris

WXV Debut
Buenos Aires: Nil

Club debut
Buenos Aires: Dale Morris, Jake Neade

Reserves

Mexico City Suns (23.9.147) def Buenos Aires Armadillos (0.0.0)

Best
Mexico City: Jordan Lewis, Taylor Hunt, Shaun Hampson, Brian Lake
Buenos Aires: Nil

Purple 77

Islanders War Cry drown out Revolution

This was a very special performance in my perspective. The Islanders walked in as underdogs, at the tense 8th position and won.., this is potentially season defining for the Islanders. The Revolution stooped to a poor score, but they should be safe in finals and will calmly point to a lake of personnel (and Travis Cloke) for this loss I reckon.

Pacific Islanders (22.8.140) def New York Revolution (19.7.121)

Best
Pacific: Michael Hurley, Devon Smith, Lee Spurr
New York: Heath Shaw, Mitch Duncan

Late Changes
Pacific: Curtly Hampton, Jarryd Blair, Sam Gibson replaced by Sam Day, Brodie Martin, Lee Spurr
New York: Nil

WXV Debut
Pacific: Nil

Club debut
Pacific: Brodie Martin

Reserves

Port Morseby Iguanadons (19.11.125) def Washington Rebellion (11.8.74)

Best
Port Morseby: Matthew Leuenberger, Jeremy Howe, Adam Goodes, Adam Tomlinson
Washington: Dylan Buckley, Michael Firrito, Alex Sexton

Jroo

Wow massive week  :o third highest scorer with 173  :o

Need to carry this from over the next three weeks, now I've got a tough run coming up.