Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 14, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2015, 08:08:17 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 14, 2015, 08:04:44 PM
Heeney would have gone pick 1 last year easily.

He didn't though :P

#petrekt

#realdraftnotwxvyourloss

Not really stkilda still would have taken McCartin with one.

Petreca and Brayshaw are beasts too

Heeney would have gone 3-4

Exactly where he went in worlds.

Toga

Errybody getting #petrekt

Rusty00

Quote from: Adamant on November 14, 2015, 02:18:37 PM
Toronto give: Touk Miller + Taylor Garner
Cape Town give: Scott Selwood + Jake Kelly + Matt Dick

Reasoning: Was looking for a more established midfielder and although I'm getting a risky one in Scooter, hopefully he will be rejuvenated at a new club and can get back somewhat close to his best. Kelly will add to our depth and Dick will fill a hole down back.

Memph/My Chumps to confirm.
:o

Jay

In the absolute best, yet unrealistic scenario, Heeney = Sidey. People just presume that potential will result in premium performance.

Heeney has played 12 games. Hrovat isn't relevant. Sidey has had 4 100+ave seasons.

Not sure how you can justify it as 'spot on'. But props to New Delhi, absolutely loving their side next year especially if they can get this one through.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on November 14, 2015, 10:58:40 PM
Hrovat isn't relevant.
he has to be relevant man. He makes up the difference between heeney and sidey. You can't just discount him. We paid for him in the N2 deal

I'd look at it this way
Whats Sidey worth in terms of picks?  N1 + N2?
Heeney is worth more than this years N1 because you would take him above the current crop at boys,  plus he's proven he can score well at afl level going nearly 80unsubbed this year, plus he'll be a forward.
So Heeney = N1 + half of N2. And Hrovat makes up the rest

My Chumps

Quote from: Ricochet on November 15, 2015, 12:13:33 AM
Hrovat isn't relevant.
he has to be relevant man. He makes up the difference between heeney and sidey. You can't just discount him. We paid for him in the N2 deal

I'd look at it this way
Heeney is worth more than this years N1 because you would take him above the current crop at boys,  plus he's proven he can score well at afl level going nearly 80unsubbed this year, plus he'll be a forward.
Wowee when you put it like that no way is this a fair deal.

You're saying that 2 Hrovats = pick 2

No way on earth am I trading pick 1 + 2 for Heeney and Hrovat.

Ricochet

Quote from: My Chumps on November 15, 2015, 12:20:22 AM
Hrovat isn't relevant.

I'd look at it this way

If you had Heeney would you trade him for pick 1?
No way
So he's worth more than n1
Hrovat makes up the difference

My Chumps

Quote from: Ricochet on November 15, 2015, 12:25:59 AM
Hrovat isn't relevant.

I'd look at it this way

No way
I wouldn't but at the same time I wouldn't neg it if Heeney was traded for pick 1. The difference isn't substantial enough to warrant Hrovat making up for the addition of pick 2.

Ricochet

Quote from: My Chumps on November 15, 2015, 12:41:54 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 15, 2015, 12:25:59 AM
Hrovat isn't relevant.

I'd look at it this way

No way
I wouldn't but at the same time I wouldn't neg it if Heeney was traded for pick 1. The difference isn't substantial enough to warrant Hrovat making up for the addition of pick 2.
Ok cool so we can agree in that then man,  that Heeney > N1.

So N1 + Hrovat for Sidey is fine

When SMartin goes for N1 + Nankervis and he is a 110ave ruck which are far more valuable than mids. And at 28yrs old age isnt a major difference

I just ask that ppl don't discount Hrovat also, like mentioned above. He still has a bucket load of ability and has shown he can perform at the highest level, plus score well.

Holz

For the record no way sidey is worth pick 1 and 2. He isnt that good. The guys I would take at 1 or 2 will probably be better players then him.

Heeney probably will too.

Note I said probably not possibly.

RaisyDaisy

Sidebottom will be 25 years old when the 2016 season starts. Heeney will be 19 turning 20, 5 and half years younger which has to be acknowledged

Sidebottoms averages in his first 3 seasons (aged 18-20) were 65, 84, 83 and in his next 4 years only one of them (2014) was he elite

We need to make predictions in this game in order to try and value players. I would have thought that what we all know about Heeney, and comparing that to Steele now that Heeney + Hrovat for Steele is like I said spot on

NDT have decided that they want to land a starting mid for their team, so they need to give up a very good young prospect to do it. Nobody is giving up someone of Sidebottoms ilk for a Top pick in this years draft pool and rightly so, but Heeney is worth more than Pick 1 in this years draft so it's even

Yes Sidebottom will net more points for NDT now, but 5.5 years difference in age, potential and suggested DPP makes Heeney + Hrovat worth it and equal. NDT are giving up a young gun for immediate success which is what you need to do in order to land players like Sidebottom

I personally don't think Sidebottom is worth Pick 1 and definitely not worth both 1 and 2. I would say Pick 2 is right but based on this years draft I would keep him over Pick 2, and like Rico mentioned in terms of this years draft Heeney is worth more than Pick 1 based on the talent available and we can compare him to this years draft because of his age

I think Sidey is being overrated here. He is a 105 averaging mid who went Elite for one year when it was just him Swan and Pendles

Now you can add Treloar, Adams, Crisp, Greenwood, Aish etc in Sidey, Swan and Pendles - they all cant and wont go 100+

NDT are not winning this by as much as some of you think. In fact, they're not winning at all - it's an even trade out for them, but one that gets them more points now at the cost of more points later which is standard when players like this are involved

kilbluff1985

give me Sidey over pick 1 any day

Ricochet

Looking to upgrade wellingham to a better defender or Scully to a better mid

Can include N12, N24, PSD2 or young guns like RKnight, NRobbo, etc

Holz

I gave up omeara 32 for fyfe.

32 = hroovatt

The difference in sidey and Fyfe is far greater then jom and heeney so this should pass easy.

JBs-Hawks

Mexico are the big winners of the trade!