Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2015, 05:47:18 PM
Why does is matter what Heeney averages next year? He's 19? Got plenty of time on his side, and you should know how much young players are worth in this comp.
So he's worth more than Taylor Adams? The same?

Jroo

well you're saying he averages 70 this year, just dont know why that's relevant when NY are obviously picking him on his potential.
I'd say he's probably one of the most promising players in the comp.

Adams is the better scorer now, but Heeney could very well match him in the next couple of years

elephants

Well its actually 78 unsubbed and that includes a number of games where he played with corks/injuries/knocks/etc.

If you're doubting Heeney's future prospects you're either delusional or you haven't seen him play :P

There's a reason we used N3 on him last season!

fanTCfool

Quote from: My Chumps on November 14, 2015, 05:54:23 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2015, 05:47:18 PM
Why does is matter what Heeney averages next year? He's 19? Got plenty of time on his side, and you should know how much young players are worth in this comp.
So he's worth more than Taylor Adams? The same?

Isn't this a big part of the trading? Taking what some would call a gamble on Heeney? We know what Adams will be like, but Heeney still has a lot of unknowns, but could be the most valuable player in the comp in a few years time. The reality is, no one can truly be sure, and that is fair and exciting.

Ricochet

We'll look silly if Heeney does a Fyfe and comes out with a 110ave in his 2nd season

My Chumps

Hahaha, Isaac Heeney is the fkn messiah by the sounds of it!

Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2015, 06:01:29 PM
Adams is the better scorer now, but Heeney could very well match him in the next couple of years
"...could very well match him" - You'd wanna fkn hope so in that deal, struth.

RaisyDaisy

Heeney having dpp for now adds value and is only 19. We all know his future is bright.

Treloar coming in could impact Adams too

RaisyDaisy

Just a bit more on this

Shaw is a gun, and he does have 3-4 years left which is a lot but once he eventually retires Heeney will be entering his peak

Heeney would have gone pick 1 last year easily. We're taking the approach of letting Shaw go at his highest value to get a young gun who could be a 15 year player.

And as I previously said, Treloar has to be considered. Swan, Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, crisp, Treloar etc they all can't go 100+

As for Hurn, with McKenzie and brown returning he should be able to free himself up more. Being 2 years younger than Shaw and in a premiership contending side 85+ isn't out of the question

Toga

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 14, 2015, 08:04:44 PM
Heeney would have gone pick 1 last year easily.

He didn't though :P

#petrekt

Hellopplz

We all know Laverde is set to the be steal of that draft ;).

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2015, 08:08:17 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 14, 2015, 08:04:44 PM
Heeney would have gone pick 1 last year easily.

He didn't though :P

#petrekt

#realdraftnotwxvyourloss

Jay

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 14, 2015, 03:12:50 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on November 14, 2015, 02:17:30 PM
One team clearly getting the short straw on that three way deal. Dunno if it's enough to reject it tho.

Instead of saying something like this, why don't you just say who you think is and why? Seems pointless making a comment like that otherwise  :-\

Heeney + Hrovat for Sidebottom is spot on

Mexico get a replacement (although not as good as Sidey) in Adams and get an upgrade on Hurn to Shaw but downgrade Sidey to Adams and give Grigg as well in order to do so

New York give up the best defender in the comp (and top 10 2015 scorer) and get the best young prospect in return. Giving up Adams, a young gun to get Hurn as a (younger) replacement for Shaw and Grigg to start as a Utility makes up for that and gives us solid players for the positions we need filled

Hurn and Grigg might not get a lot of credit from people around here, but Hurn is capable of averaging 90 and Grigg just did as well which is solid for a Utility

Obviously depends on how you value certain players personally, but the way we value players (the 3 teams involved) see's us all agreeing that this trade is great for all of us and fair
No it isn't...  :-X

JBs-Hawks

I just dont get  all these talks about trading out all the young guns for better structures and then to make a trade that loses soo much scoring power.

elephants

People are scared of NDT confirmed

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 14, 2015, 09:14:22 PM
I just dont get all these talks about trading out all the young guns for better structures and then to make a trade that loses soo much scoring power.

That's two separate things

We traded a few young mids to get our structure and balance right, and now that that's done we're trading out an older defender for a young gun

Short term we'll lose points, but long term we gain. Who's to say Shaw won't go back to average 100. There's pros and cons but but at the end of the day its our team and we have plans in place. No team is getting rorted beyond belief so it should pass