WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: meow meow on November 06, 2015, 07:37:09 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 06, 2015, 06:57:22 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 06, 2015, 06:53:47 PM
And ppl don't complain when you're trade gets negged, just fix it.

It really should be this.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:47:14 PM
Potato Potata  :-*

So once the trade period ends, we go to the NAT draft and then the Rookie/PSD draft and then we lodge our list of 40 + rookies right?

And we can pass on our picks in NAT/Rookie&PSD drafts too right?

Yep, remembering you cannot put anyone directly on the rookie list.

You can only pass in the NAT draft. You must end up with 40 senior players, and at least 4 rookies ( I will double check the numbers when the time comes).

Oh, so only existing players from this season can go onto our rookie list? Everyone we draft has to go onto our senior list of 40? That doesn't sound right, or have I misread what you meant?

The only way you can get players onto your rookie list is through the rookie draft, unless they were already on your rookie list in 2015. You can't move senior listed players to your rookie list. You'd have to delist them, then reselect them in the rookie draft if available.

If you have 40 players on your senior list you won't get any PSD picks. PSD picks go onto your senior list.

Has that changed? I remember we had Nathan Brown on the rookie list this year and has wasn't the season before I think

Why can't we just have 44-45 players and decide who we want on the rookie list? We had Mitchell White on the rookie list this year but are elevating him to senior list which I'm assuming is fine, but someone like teia Miles who we had on the senior list this year your saying we cannot rookie list now?

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 10:12:38 PM

So once the trade period ends, we go to the NAT draft and then the Rookie/PSD draft and then we lodge our list of 40 + rookies right?

You can only pass in the NAT draft. You must end up with 40 senior players, and at least 4 rookies ( I will double check the numbers when the time comes).

Oh, so only existing players from this season can go onto our rookie list? Everyone we draft has to go onto our senior list of 40? That doesn't sound right, or have I misread what you meant?

The only way you can get players onto your rookie list is through the rookie draft, unless they were already on your rookie list in 2015. You can't move senior listed players to your rookie list. You'd have to delist them, then reselect them in the rookie draft if available.

If you have 40 players on your senior list you won't get any PSD picks. PSD picks go onto your senior list.

Has that changed? I remember we had Nathan Brown on the rookie list this year and has wasn't the season before I think

Why can't we just have 44-45 players and decide who we want on the rookie list? We had Mitchell White on the rookie list this year but are elevating him to senior list which I'm assuming is fine, but someone like teia Miles who we had on the senior list this year your saying we cannot rookie list now?
If you want to rookie someone from your senior list, you have to delist them and then pick them up in the rookie draft

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 10:12:38 PM

You can in the tumbleweed comp ;)

RaisyDaisy

Haha Holz

Cheers Meow and Rico. I'll have to go back and see who we had on our rookie list this year

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 10:23:37 PM
Haha Holz

Cheers Meow and Rico. I'll have to go back and see who we had on our rookie list this year
Also remember to check this thread last post
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104833.25.html

where we have to delist rookies if they have been on a list 2 years,

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on November 06, 2015, 10:38:50 PM
Haha Holz

Also remember to check this thread last post
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104833.25.html

where we have to delist rookies if they have been on a list 2 years,

Cheers Ringo, yeah I saw that when it was posted and it doesn't effect us

Looks like Mitchell White is the only Rookie we have left lol, and we're elevating him to the senior list so our rookie list this year will be all fresh meat from the upcoming draft

Memphistopheles

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2015, 06:31:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 06, 2015, 05:47:39 PM
Quote from: Toga on November 06, 2015, 05:45:36 PM
Wtf, I thought Picken was like 23-24 for some reason! :P

oops so did it. i thought he was like 26-27

dont worry about my PM RD.

Like I said, if Kieran Jack and Hrovat are worth Pick 2, then Picken should be worth Pick 5 from you ;)

In regards to the voting I think there are 3 solutions:

1. Only Admin votes
2. A Review Committee of 5 coaches, voted on by the rest of the coaches as the 5 they think are the most unbiased and can value trades without an inkling of an agenda or bias, are formed to vote on all trades (Requiring 3 from 5 to pass/neg)
3. Keep as is

And yes, if Option 2 was ever considered I believe I am a solid choice :) (Would not want people outside of WXV voting)

Option 4.

Keep as is but the admin vote doesn't count for 6 votes or whatever it is. Make it 3 votes

The fact a trade can be negged when only 3 of the 18 coaches vote against it is ridiculous imo and is my main complaint with the system.

Or keep as is and add a rule that the admin can only overrule a trade if more than a quarter of coaches not involved in a trade object to it. Which would be 5 neg votes with a two team deal.

kilbluff1985

i think it should be like 8 negative votes minimum to reject a trade

then the close ones with like 4 votes that airnt that bad still go through

think it will solve a ton of problems

just think it needs to be closer to half the coaches voting against it not 4 or 5

Holz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 07, 2015, 06:58:43 AM

just think it needs to be closer to half the coaches voting against it not 4 or 5

Agreed still abit annoyed the 6 way trade failed with 13/18 coaches approving it.

We should have like 2-3 failing a year the really reslly bad ones. Not 2-3 a week.

90% of trades that fail shouldn't

Purple 77

Haha Holz

Yup, Rico & meow are correct.

I actually had Nathan Brown on my Rookie list last year... I had to delist or promote him coz he was on my rookie list for two years, so I of course delist him in the hope of re-rookie-ing him, then you homewreckers stole him  >:(

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 07, 2015, 06:38:37 AM
Option 4.

Keep as is but the admin vote doesn't count for 6 votes or whatever it is. Make it 3 votes

The fact a trade can be negged when only 3 of the 18 coaches vote against it is ridiculous imo and is my main complaint with the system.

Or keep as is and add a rule that the admin can only overrule a trade if more than a quarter of coaches not involved in a trade object to it. Which would be 5 neg votes with a two team deal.

I've only ever had 3 votes btw.

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on November 07, 2015, 09:04:34 AM

Agreed still abit annoyed the 6 way trade failed with 13/18 coaches approving it.

We should have like 2-3 failing a year the really reslly bad ones. Not 2-3 a week.

well of course all 6 would vote yes so it really is 12 coaches left
so if say it was 6 that voted no it is technicality what you just said that

not that say a 9 team trade would happen butt here is a possible loophole if it went tot hat kind of system

but ofc a 9 team one would never happen anyways so besides the point :P

Holz

Quote from: DazBurg on November 07, 2015, 10:41:13 AM

not that say a 9 team trade would happen butt here is a possible loophole if it went tot hat kind of system

I dont think thats fair.

I also voiced my opinion on the parts of the deal that didnt involve me. The other coaches also voiced their opinion on parts that didnt involve them.

Dont feel their votes should be disallowed.
I rejected the 6 way trade by the way on non Dublin parts then told those coaches to fix it up or I would not pass it.

Then my vote wasnt even counted

DazBurg

Quote from: Holz on November 07, 2015, 11:36:51 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on November 07, 2015, 10:41:13 AM

I dont think thats fair.

I also voiced my opinion on the parts of the deal that didnt involve me. The other coaches also voiced their opinion on parts that didnt involve them.

Dont feel their votes should be disallowed.
I rejected the 6 way trade by the way on non Dublin parts then told those coaches to fix it up or I would not pass it.

Then my vote wasnt even counted
yeah i get what your saying
i never implied any of you would or did do the wrong thing

i'm simply pointing out there is a loophole there
so to count a ngeed trade as one that receives say half of the coaches i.e 9
with a 6 or more team trade it becomes a little shady is all i am saying

as the reason trades as agreed on if those that are involved are happy with thier respective deals so i wouldn't have a problem with them voting yes to it

RaisyDaisy

Leaving it to the last minute but good to see London getting busy!

meow meow

Once I delist a couple of players I don't want I've got 1333 points free in the cap, so if anyone needs to do a player swap involving Clay Smith (133 points), Ben Reid (77), Jack Trengove (0), Sam Gilbert (489), Bryce Gibbs (824) or Koby Stevens (949) I'm open to talks.