Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

GoLions

Quote from: meow meow on November 04, 2015, 07:12:24 PM
Quote from: GoLions on November 04, 2015, 07:06:40 PM
I'm on my phone atm, but if someone could post the MJ popcorn meme or something, that'd be great

Taking a dump?
Close. On train home from work.

Cheers fellas.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on November 04, 2015, 07:32:25 PM
I'm on my phone atm, but if someone could post the MJ popcorn meme or something, that'd be great

Taking a dump?

Cheers fellas.
Trains have toilets don't they.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on November 04, 2015, 07:37:43 PM
Quote from: GoLions on November 04, 2015, 07:32:25 PM

Taking a dump?

Cheers fellas.
Trains have toilets don't they.
Anything's a toilet if you poop in it

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 06:39:35 PM
Quote from: Jukes on November 04, 2015, 06:26:00 PM
I just think that it's rubbish that for the second year in a row our deals are unfairly negged meaning we have to give up more - happened three times last season iirc on fair trades (as were shown through the year), then 100% of our trades this year.

How are we supposed to improve our team at all if all our trades get negged because apparently we're winning, we give up more and then in the end it turns out that it was initially fair if not we were losing (see: Sinkers for Daniher).

It's a bad system - most of the time deals are negged are likely because
a) it will help their side out through further trading/weakening similar teams for next season
b) personal vendetta against the team/coaches

Strip our picks see what happens btw
These two things really stand out for me, we needed to change up our Daniher trade as a result even though both Ringo and Jukes were fine with the deal, and in reality the deal was fair from the start. This is just one example. With many coaches going for one player, some potential annoyance with us taking a particular deal could have come into accepting or declining our trade, which isn't uncommon from what I've seen.

Quote from: DazBurg on November 04, 2015, 06:26:15 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 04:53:45 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 04:45:58 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 04:33:22 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 04:29:08 PM
You're all pathetic.

Wow Seriously?

Just upgrade your pick from 70 to 34 and remove Newton from the deal. That should do it, but then again we passed it originally so maybe the neggers can make a suggestion
That was towards the neggers RD.

When a coach says that we lose, I can't possibly see how we need to reduce our offer. We've also been told that Bell isn't even best 22 by the most experienced Brissy supporter on here IMO, so how can a 28yo 90 average defender with Newton and a scraping Ten pick be even close to Ward, a 110 midfielder in his prime?

What? The coaches that negged your deal said Beijing lose, not you, hence my suggestion

Hooker is a starting defender, so getting Bell who is solid XV depth and potentially a starter and Pick 8 for Ward is fair IMO, which is why I suggested dropping Newton from the deal and giving Beijing a better pick to balance it out better
ONE coach said we lost by enough to net the trade.

Yes, where are the neggers? Haven't had one person be honourable enough to actually open up to this. Purple, maybe an idea is to open who votes Yes/No to each trade. Would remove begging just for the sake of it.

Quote from: elephants on November 04, 2015, 04:48:08 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 04:29:08 PM
You're all pathetic.

I know you haven't yet reached puberty Torp, but lets try and be mature about this.
Such a mature response.  :P
i negged it
HP liked it i did not callan ward is decent not a super premo
his had 1 season over 110 that isn't that great

also i'm kinda getting sick of coaches contradicting themselves then complaining
mate if you firmly believe those players at that bad then it shouldn't go through wither way

same as the 6 team trade compared to trades let through or negged this off season it has elements of contradiction to it

so personally would i give all that for callan ward
hell no
heppell yeah i would
not ward

tbh i love WXv's from the beginning only major one i am involved in but this offseason is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth

Atleast you're honest Daz, but in reality some of the offers you gave us were much more one sided than this one, and I agree with you about this offseason, it's becoming all too political.

Quote from: Ringo on November 04, 2015, 06:27:19 PM
We all get disappointed when trades get rejected myself included.  The rules for World XV's have been set so we have to accept the decision and move on and re-negotiate trade based on the comments. I am still in negotiations re the Stanton trade trying to work an acceptable trade after basically feeling very upset at rejection.

Know it is hard to try and get some rhyme and reason as to why some trades pass and others do not but it is all based on coaches opinions at that time and we have to accept that being the rule in place. It will serve no purpose asking who voted for or against as it may create schisms and clics with coaches and that is not healthy for the competition as a whole.

So the advice is accept decisions and get with renegotiating trade.  In your case Torp RD has hit the nail on the head you have to add something or Bejing need to remove Newton or Nat 8 from the deal.

I understand your point Ringo, but it really is a rating point of view. I know for sure JB thinks we are being smashed, and might've netted the trade for that reason, while Daz begged it because we were winning by too much. It doesn't make sense!

In reality, the only opinions that should matter are the coaches of the sides involved, and at worst a potential group of consultants or the Admin, who only step in if it is absolutely disgusting (Eg. Ward for N8, Pendlebury for T.McKenzie)

I didnt neg  your trade torp. Id personally much rather Ward coming in but in essence the trade is fair.

Memphistopheles

I negged the trade for the following reasons although I didn't go in to this much depth in my PM back to Purps.

Firstly Callan Ward has only averaged 110+ once in his career.

Tom Bell averaged a shade under 90 this year as a forward and anyone who thinks Tom Bell won't be best 22 at the Lions is kidding themselves

So did Hooker as a defender which is where my main objection lies.

A 90 averaging defender is almost as valuable as a 110 averaging midfielder as defenders are in much shorter supply

This year Hooker was the 15th highest averaging defender whereas Ward was the 17th highest averaging midfielder. To me that means Hooker actually was a more valuable player this year.

I still think Ward is more valuable than Hooker due to his captaincy potential (Hooker doesn't go big like Ward does) but adding a 90 avg forward (he may lose fwd but, he did play fwd a fair bit) and a Top 10 pick is too much. Hooker is also a chance of def/fwd next year which would increase his value even further.

Either one of Hooker + 8 or Hooker + Bell is a fair price to pay for Ward in my opinion so including both unbalances the deal.

The Newton/Pick 70 aspect of the deal was pretty much a non-factor in my decision (so dropping that out of the deal WONT change my mind) but I think Ben Newton is definitely worth more than Pick 70.

Jroo

Yes, Hooker averaged 90 this year, but I honestly don't see him keeping that up. IMO he doesn't come close to Ward, so that's why I didn't neg it.

JBs-Hawks

Bell wont keep his average up either slotting into  the stacked Brisbane mids.

RaisyDaisy

We didn't neg it either, but it's not fair to simply rubbish what Hooker and Bell did this year and just assume they'll go backwards

Their value for what they did this year has to be acknowledged.

Hellopplz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
So Daz, are you suggesting Heppell is a super prem but Ward isn't? Not sure how you think Heppell would be fair but Ward isn't, but I guess that's a classic example of how we all have different views :)

Me personally, I'd take Ward over Heppell every day of the week
Yeah, rating players between Coaches is a tough one to decipher at times! Daz and I were quite torn on this one, as we know a top mid should be worth their weight in gold.

As for reasons, Memph covered it pretty well! Hooker albeit 27 (still has 4-5 solid years left in him) was #15 Defender and Ward is #17 Mid. Think bell was around #82 Mid, and N8 I rate as another 85ish potential player. I try to use some stats based on negging trades and whatnot, to let go of some biases (like I don't rate Bell all that highly) but in the scheme of things, we suggested adding something else from Moscow (depth player, a decent pick) would get it over the line as Hooker is far from being old and is one of the top defenders given the new intercept marking rules.

If Tmac can net Libba, similar could be said for Hooker and Ward (other parts pending).

But as I said, I rate Ward and reckon not too far off a deal, have to take a Co-Coach's opinion as well!

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2015, 09:40:58 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 04, 2015, 06:40:14 PM
So Daz, are you suggesting Heppell is a super prem but Ward isn't? Not sure how you think Heppell would be fair but Ward isn't, but I guess that's a classic example of how we all have different views :)

Me personally, I'd take Ward over Heppell every day of the week
Yeah, rating players between Coaches is a tough one to decipher at times! Daz and I were quite torn on this one, as we know a top mid should be worth their weight in gold.

As for reasons, Memph covered it pretty well! Hooker albeit 27 (still has 4-5 solid years left in him) was #15 Defender and Ward is #17 Mid. Think bell was around #82 Mid, and N8 I rate as another 85ish potential player. I try to use some stats based on negging trades and whatnot, to let go of some biases (like I don't rate Bell all that highly) but in the scheme of things, we suggested adding something else from Moscow (depth player, a decent pick) would get it over the line as Hooker is far from being old and is one of the top defenders given the new intercept marking rules.

If Tmac can net Libba, similar could be said for Hooker and Ward (other parts pending).

But as I said, I rate Ward and reckon not too far off a deal, have to take a Co-Coach's opinion as well!

Tmac was the 4th best defender wasnt he and is much younger, a breakout late in your career is far far riskier.

plus Mundy was a top player in the comp

Hellopplz

Tmac also just had his breakout, and Libba is arguably just as proven as Ward! It's why these things are quite biased on how people view the players. N8 + a 89 Mid was also in this deal ;).

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2015, 10:00:04 PM
Tmac also just had his breakout, and Libba is arguably just as proven as Ward! It's why these things are quite biased on how people view the players. N8 + a 89 Mid was also in this deal ;).

So you would do Bell + n8 for Shiel?

Hellopplz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 04, 2015, 10:02:48 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2015, 10:00:04 PM
So you would do Bell + n8 for Shiel?
Lol, if you read a few posts up I said I didn't rate Bell :P.

JBs-Hawks

Well any 89 mid + a top 10 pick