Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

It really depends on who you rate,

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 31, 2015, 04:45:26 PM
Beijing getting a bargain more like it!
I would've loved to see an offer from you JB, he was up for a week.

My Chumps

Quote from: Toga on October 31, 2015, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 31, 2015, 04:31:02 PM
reckon Beijing are overpaying could be wrong

I probably am, but to land a big fish you gotta pay $$$
Quote from: Ricochet on October 31, 2015, 04:42:21 PM
Clearly a case of best offer taken i guess. I mean it might be overpay but Ward is a legitimate gun and would have had multiple big offers thrown at him.
^^^^

Fair deal.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 31, 2015, 04:56:44 PM
It really depends on who you rate,

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 31, 2015, 04:45:26 PM
Beijing getting a bargain more like it!
I would've loved to see an offer from you JB, he was up for a week.

If you wanted a deal from Seoul then you could have come to me with a deal of your own

Purple 77

All votes are in!

Trade 58 (7 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Pick 5 + Pick 43
Dublin trade: Scott Thompson, Nathan van Berlo, Steve Johnson + Pick 32
Coaches comments: Had all sorts. A lot of uneasiness about how Pick 5 could be spliced into two veterans, imbalance of competition (in regards to helping Dublin's longevity), all thought Pick 5 was more valuable than Thompson & Steve Johnson. One coach said Dublin were paying way overs.
Admin comments: This puts me in tight spot. I personally don't have a problem with the deal, but now I have to decide if that is enough to overturn the decision from a FAIL to a PASS. This trade clearly weakens Dublin's 2016 campaign; there is no arguing that. However, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Holz on trade Pick 5 for a really good player. However, it would be unfair of me to assume that in assessing this trade, so I won't be. I also think Rio might have been able to attract a longer term option by trading Pick 5... and this missed opportunity hurts. However, the opinion of the coaches that negged this trade all feel strongly about it, whereas I don't. I think that in the end tells me that I shouldn't overturn the decision.
Verdict: REJECTED
Recommendation: I think Dublin just have to throw a longer term option in the deal in place of Pick 32, to off-balance the long term value of Pick 5. I don't think it would have to be anything substantial, and I sincerely hope you can find a successful re-negotiation.

Trade 59 (1 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Jobe Watson + Pick 12
Christchurch trade: Picks 2, Pick 26 + Pick 46
Coaches comments: Uneasy about a veteran attracting a high draft pick.
Admin comments: I hope Christchurch get Jason Holmes.
Verdict: PASS

Trade 60 (3 votes)
New Delhi trade: Pick 1, Blake Acres, Timothy Broomhead + Toby Nankervis
Cape Town trade: Stefan Martin, Jeremy Cameron + Pick 24
Coaches comments: All felt New Delhi win by too much; getting Stefan Martin cheaply
Admin comments: Pick 1, well, has immense value. Do I think Cape Town overpaid? Maybe. But in the end, it seems their team is going down the path of a mini rebuild, yet still seems competitive. I trust they know what they are doing.

Trade 61 (0 votes)
Seoul trade: Jake Lloyd
New Delhi: David Myers
Coaches comments: Nil
Admin comments: Eh.

Trade 62 (2 votes)
New York trade: Mitch Clark + Orazio Fantasia
London trade: Tom Bellchambers
Coaches comments: Felt it should be a one for one... the other felt Mitch Clark uncertainty made New York win by too much.
Admin comments: Would have lol'd if London gave up Lumumba for Clark

Trade 63 (1 vote)
Toronto trade: Nicholas Graham + Pick 23
Cape Town trade: Andrejs Everitt + Pick 31
Coaches comments: Felt Graham was being let go cheaply
Admin comments: Forwards are certainly hard to come by.

Trade 64 (0 votes)
New Delhi trade: Reece Conca
Mexico City trade: Adam Oxley
Admin comments: No problems here.

Trade 65 (5 votes)
Mexico City trade: Sam Gray + Pick 19
London trade: Brent Stanton + Mark Baguley
Coaches comments: All overwhelming thought Mexico City win by too much. Stanton & Baguley are very handy players... imbalance of competition came up too.
Admin comments: Can't help but agree. Stanton played every match in 2015 for an average of 101.32... not only is he a starter for every club, he would start for the reigning premiers, who I feel should be applied the same standards in regards to trading as Dublin. I also point out that Sam Gray's value is hard to determine; given that he may lose forward status, and that he scored so well in the midfield for port adelaide whilst Wines & Polec were out of the team. Baguley also has value here.
Verdict: REJECTED
Recommendation: One way is for Mexico City to add something else; but the other way is to perhaps replace Baguley with something less valuable. Again, I sincerely hope these two teams renegotiate a deal.

Trade 66 (0 votes)
Seoul trade: Kane Lucas, Nathan Wright, Jackson Nelson + Pick 17
PNL trade: Jackson Trengove, Pick 16 + Pick 54
Admin comments: This trade feels Wright.

Jroo

Fair enough about our trade getting rejected, thought it was a possibility some coaches would think I'm winning by too much, so not totally surprised.

Feel bad for London now, as I don't see the point in trading Gray anything less than that, rate him pretty highly.

Purple 77

Purple 77

Dat moment when New Delhi has a bigger cap than 6 clubs (including me)  :o

Ringo

Not impressed with trade being rejected as this trade is no worse than some that have been passed previously but what do you expect when coaches vote for trades.  Really do not think too many of you looked at the full reason and dissection why we did it.  You say you look at competition as a whole but did you consider London's plight roght on the cap so now hamstrung with not being able to do much because of cap.  That was listed in the reason but not a lot of you probably read it.  Just blindly guided by other coaches comments.

Anyway them the rules and you have to accept them so London will probably have to now tank because of points cap and the insensitivity of coaches to our plight.

Will again list Stanton and Baguley/Lumumba to offers that help us reduce cap but will be difficult going on the current mood of coaches.

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 31, 2015, 09:29:29 PM
8)

I'm just stoked we're over the minimum

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 31, 2015, 09:29:29 PM

Dat moment when you have Picks 1, 4, 11, 22 and 23  :D :D :D

Ringo

Stanton for picks 1 and 4 would be a fair trade going by this weeks trade votes

Holz

What can I say im disappointed.

The system looks to be focussed on trying to restrict the top teams but the real victims are the others

London cant get any value out of a player that wont help them push for a flag and keep them in the middle of the pack unable to progress.

Rio arent allowed a shot at competing and will finish 8-5 then when Ablett retires fall outside the 8.

Dublin is fine we will probably now lose 1-2 games and go into rhe grandfinal. Keeping two of my starters isnt a big deal im more then happy.

I feel for Ringo and Levi though.

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on October 31, 2015, 09:37:24 PM
Not impressed with trade being rejected as this trade is no worse than some that have been passed previously but what do you expect when coaches vote for trades.  Really do not think too many of you looked at the full reason and dissection why we did it.  You say you look at competition as a whole but did you consider London's plight roght on the cap so now hamstrung with not being able to do much because of cap.  That was listed in the reason but not a lot of you probably read it.  Just blindly guided by other coaches comments.

Anyway them the rules and you have to accept them so London will probably have to now tank because of points cap and the insensitivity of coaches to our plight.

Will again list Stanton and Baguley/Lumumba to offers that help us reduce cap but will be difficult going on the current mood of coaches.

I feel for you ringo.

The Dublin precedent has been set.

The stupidity is the elite clubs trading for older players will balance the comp in the long run. Teams like London will never have a chance.

The trade was great for the comp, but in the past people incorrectly saw it as bad for the comp. So tough with precedence

Ringo

Just a note to those that have enquired about Stanton, Jroo and I are still discussing possible alternatives and out of courtesy will not look at other offers until we have exhausted options. I will also be out for the rest of the morning so will not be back till after lunch.

Ricochet

Will Hams has gone
Quote from: Ricochet on October 24, 2015, 09:00:02 PM
Any of the guys below are available for picks

DEF: LDelaney, DTalia, SiWhite, SRussell
MID: WHams
RUCK: LPierce
FWD: JGrant, Tunbridge, RBail, BJohnson

Still interest in Grant, best offers are just waiting on some other deals so you can still get him
Quote from: Ricochet on October 27, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
Bit of interest in Grant. Looking at a pick in the 50s atm.
69ave unsubbed fwd, could be a handy F5 for some teams
Plus GC are very interested in him. Under Eade he posted a 74ave in his second year at the club
Looks like Merlin
Shallow draft, etc, etc
Get around him

Also remember this post when Lewis Pierce starts getting games next year. He's still available
Quote from: Ricochet on October 26, 2015, 11:59:20 AM
Need ruck depth? Lewis Pierce is now AFL ready

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-09-11/lewis-locked-in-for-2016

He started at 88kgs, and will be over 100kgs for the next season

Saints know his ability and re-signed him at the end of this year

Also with the St Kilda ruck stocks being so young, their preference/order could change quickly

I'll take a pick or pick upgrade for him

Low risk, for a potential nice reward ;)

Will also take pick upgrades. Current picks are N12, N24, N59, N72, N76