Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Derickx, Reilly O'Brien, and one of Lycett/ Smith on the table for the right deal (assuming the ryder deal goes through). Looking for young fwds and defenders.

Purple 77

Alright, all coaches votes are in. Summary as follows:

Trade 39 - 6 votes
Mexico City trade: Michael Johnson, Adam Oxley + Pick 39
Berlin trade: Chris Yarran, Bradley Hill, Mark Jamar + Pick 89
Coaches comments: Berlin pay too much for an older player and one with speculative JS going forward.
Admin comments: The people have spoken! The longer time that elapsed, the more I agreed tbh. Still, would have liked the trade to go through, but totally understand  8)
Verdict: REJECTED

Trade 40 - 0 votes
Rio de Janeiro trade: PSD Pick 22
Christchurch trade: Clay Cameron
Coaches comments: Nil
Admin comments: Clay who?
Verdict: PASS

Trade 41 - 2 votes
New Delhi trade: Chris Masten, Pick 47 + PSD Pick 1
Mexico trade: Bradley Hill, Nathan Krakouer, Blake Acres + Jake Barrett
Coaches comments: One coach says the Suns give up too much, the other felt the use of PSD Pick 1 was too much for New Delhi to pay.
Admin comments: This trade automatically fails unfortunately, as Trade 39 got rejected therefore Mexico City don't have Hill to trade.

Trade 42 - 1 vote
Christchurch trade: Dayne Zorko, William Frampton + Pick 31
Christchurch receive: Ryan Griffen, Corey Ellis + Pick 26

Toronto trade: Ryan Griffen, Corey Ellis, Ben Newton + Pick 26
Toronto receive: Matthew Kreuzer, Taylor Hunt, James Stewart, William Frampton + Pick 31

Beijing trade: Matthew Kreuzer, Taylor Hunt + James Stewart
Beijing receive: Dayne Zorko + Ben Newton

Coaches comments: Premiums don't balance as well as they should.
Admin comments: Least controversial three-way trade ever? Good job guys.

Trade 43 - 6 votes
Christchurch trade: Shaun McKernan
Rio de Janeiro trade: Pick 12
Coaches comments: All shared the strong belief McKernan is not worth Pick 12.
Admin comments: If I disagreed with the coaches, which I don't, it wouldn't be by enough to overturn the decision.

Trade 44 - 1 vote
Toronto trade: Taylor Adams, Andrew Walker + Kayne Turner
New York trade: Jackson Macrae, Travis Cloke + Pick 50
Coaches comments: New York copping a loss.
Admin comments: *reminisces when AFEV made a huge deal about landing Cloke in the first trade of the most controversial trade period ever*

kilbluff1985

One coach says the Suns give up too much, the other felt the use of PSD Pick 1 was too much for New Delhi to pay.

lmao

JBs-Hawks

The reigning premier giving up too much in a trade to the wooden spooners. Are people on crack? Let it pass if it evens the comp

Purple 77

Alrighty, have heard your suggestions for improvement in the spreadsheet :)

I have added a players age and date of birth column! However, there is about 110ish players to go, hopefully I'll get through them for the next update. They are more or less the newest players anyway. Also, the ages in the "Age" column update automatically :)

I have also turned the "BYE1" and "BYE2" columns into three columns "R11", "R12" and "R13", as requested :)

I have also added a "WXV Games" column, which is the amount of senior games that player played in 2015.

That's pretty much all I've had time for at this point... @meow, I think including 2012-2014 stats might be beyond me, but we'll see how we go  :-\ but I do have exams coming up, so it might not eventuate I'm afraid.

So, here it is for those who use it :)

WXV Current Lists

And for those who prefer to avoid excel, have updated Player Lists, Caps and Draft order below:

WXV Player Lists & Draft Order

Enjoy!

Adamant

Brilliant work Purps, cheers.

meow meow

Quote from: Adamant on October 09, 2015, 10:29:55 PM
Brilliant work Purps, cheers.

+1

It's pretty easy to find the previous years stats on other sites so leaving that out is not a problem. Good luck with your exams Purps :)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 09, 2015, 09:06:25 PM
The reigning premier giving up too much in a trade to the wooden spooners. Are people on crack? Let it pass if it evens the comp

What?

Memphistopheles

The trade didn't pass because the previous trade failed where Hill went to Mexico City failed. Given there were only 2 votes against I'm pretty sure that's the only reason it failed as Purps wouldn't have overruled it surely.

For the record I made a comment like that (I think Mexico lose by a fair bit) but, I still passed the trade because it's in the best interests of the competition (makes a weak team better and a strong team weaker).

Holz

They did the right thing. If a trade is unfair it should get rejected. This top teams need to lose is rubbish.

meow meow

Quote from: Holz on October 10, 2015, 06:24:49 PM

They did the right thing. If a trade is unfair it should get rejected. This top teams need to lose is rubbish.

NDT don't need handouts. They got what they needed with the priority pick and they've got two of the most capable coaches who have absolutely dominated this trade period.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 08:02:17 PM

NDT don't need handouts. They got what they needed with the priority pick and they've got two of the most capable coaches who have absolutely dominated this trade period.

Fear the Tigers.

They are legit

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on October 10, 2015, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2015, 08:02:17 PM

Fear the Tigers.

They are legit
#HereWeCome

RaisyDaisy

Agree, the stopping top teams theory is bs and shouldn't be factored into trading

Look at NDT and even Ada already with Toronto, they're doing great jobs. Going very aggressive like we did last year

You'll never improve if you just sit around doing 1-2 trades all year

kilbluff1985

whoever is voting against trades due to ladder position needs to be talked to i'm sure purps knows who it is