Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

If you are running low on reasons to block a trade you could always use

Quote from: meow meow on September 22, 2015, 12:46:19 PM
...my cousin...is a lawyer..

;)

Jay

There's no agenda against Holz, but I know this is how I feel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1lAJrtguHQ
*replace Miami with Dublin

Vinny

People complaining that there is agendas against certain coaches is a joke. Surely they can see the coaches we have at the moment are better than that. NY and Dublin; not all your trades get rejected but when they do its for a reason, as for every other team. If you can't handle the heat of doing big trades, don't do them. Big player trades always bring heat, on here and in real life, cop it.

Jroo

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

meow meow

The points cap is broke...

Ricochet

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Vinny on September 22, 2015, 01:39:28 PM
People complaining that there is agendas against certain coaches is a joke. Surely they can see the coaches we have at the moment are better than that. NY and Dublin; not all your trades get rejected but when they do its for a reason, as for every other team. If you can't handle the heat of doing big trades, don't do them. Big player trades always bring heat, on here and in real life, cop it.

LOL, take it easy. It's got nothing to do with "handling the heat". Some coaches need to stop looking for a reason to neg a trade.

Anyway, this convo is pointless. People value and rate players differently, so as long as that exists it is what it is and there's no point talking about it any further. Just submit your trades, clench your asshole and hope for the best

Nige

I was enjoying the peace and quiet in this thread tbh.  :P

meow meow

Zorko, McKernan, Breust, Dickson, Jeff Garlett, Hrovat available. Looking for a midfielder.

Vinny

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 01:59:10 PM
Quote from: Vinny on September 22, 2015, 01:39:28 PM

LOL, take it easy. It's got nothing to do with "handling the heat". Some coaches need to stop looking for a reason to neg a trade.

Anyway, this convo is pointless. People value and rate players differently, so as long as that exists it is what it is and there's no point talking about it any further. Just submit your trades, clench your asshole and hope for the best
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 22, 2015, 12:54:54 PM
I just get frustrated when any trade that involves a good player attracts so much heat and causes so much hoo hah.

Haha well ^. No one is looking for reasons to neg trades, the trades are called as they are. Unsure why you think people have agendas against certain coaches?

Purps also said that he agrees with everything being passed and rejected so far. So obviously, those trades that were rejected even though you might think they were fair; were rightly rejected.

RaisyDaisy

I might have mentioned the word agenda once, but it was more so in reference of how people evaluate trades

The mere fact that someone neg'd the Cooney for Gray trade for example, is what I am getting at.

I mean seriously, why would you even bother negging that? Cooney going to get Mexico another flag?

Anyway, like I said - just lodge your trades, clench your cheeks and hope for common sense to prevail

Purple 77

And that's everyone :)

Quote- 9 votes against and the trade fails

- 6-8 votes against and the trade fails, unless the Admin decides to let it pass

- 3-5 votes against and the trade passes, unless the Admin decides to let it fail

- 0-2 votes against and the passes.

Regarding the trades I haven't posted out yet:

This trade passes automatically, as it only attracted two votes

Trade 24
Rio de Janeiro trade: Marc Murphy, Jack Riewoldt, Pick 79 + PSD Pick 5
Dublin trade: Travis Boak + Jobe Watson + Josh Bruce + Jason Holmes

Trade 25 (3 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Stephen Hill, Andrew Walker + Mitch Clark
Toronto trade: Mitch Robinson, Aaron Hall, Tom Cutler, Jackson Ramsay + Sean Lemmens
Coaches comments: One coach said Toronto are overpaying, one coach said Rio were overpaying, and the other expressed concerns about Rio's team structure.
Admin comments: Robinson has a case to keep forward status next year, with that being the case he probably equals Stephen Hill whom averaged 3 more points than him this year. Mitch Clark is injury prone and a bit of an unknown, so I'd argue he wouldn't have too much value so I'll say he equals Lemmens, Cutler & Ramsay if I'm being generous. Which leaves Walker v Hall... Walker was a premium defender two years ago whom seems to be on the decline, Hall is more likely than unlikely to be a pure mid next year, which added unknowns to his JS when other suns players play, but he has shown he can score... there is definitely not enough here to make me change the decision.
Verdict: PASS

Trade 28 (5 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Bachar Houli + Taylor Walker
New York trade: Kade Kolodjashnij, Tom Lamb, Luke Lowden + Pick 12
Coaches Comments: Felt that the proven scorer in Bachar Houli and better scoring equals the youth of KK, meaning Walker was being undersold by two questionable players and just one high draft pick... a package of Houli + Tex should get a lot more. A few coaches also sighted bad trade etiquette by Rio.
Admin Comments: Ah, the controversy! Firstly, if what I was told was true, then the trade etiquette here needs to be worked on immediately. Now, regarding Houli v KK. Houli has been a premium back for a while now, but it should be noted that in KK's second year of football, second, in a bottom 4 team, his season average of 89.36 has been bettered by Houli in two years, this year and 2013. I can understand the reasoning why KK is more valuable than Houli, and for now will accept that as the case. Just trying to get a feel for what Pick 12 is worth, I've included Pick 12-15 from the previous 4 drafts. It seems more often than not, a quality player has been chosen in this range, and will give the benefit of the doubt to Rio that they'll know what they're doing come draft time, or if they trade it. Tom Lamb & Lowden aren't worth a lot, but couple that with the marginal gap between Houli & KK, and Pick 12... then I don't think it is a trade that I'll stand in the way against. It's a trade I personally wouldn't do if I had Houli & Tex, but that's just me.

Quote12. c4v3m4n - T Mitchell
13. My Chumps - N Haynes
14. Purple 77 - B Crouch
15. pothead - B Ellis
12   Wellington - Kristian Jaksch
13   Beijing - Ben Kennedy
14   Beijing - Sam Mayes
15   New York - Jackson Macrae
12. Cape Town - Matt Crouch
13. Cairo - Luke Dunstan
14. New Delhi - Dayle Garlett
15. Pacific - Cameron McCarthy
12. Seoul - Lachlan Weller
13. Cairo - Connor Blakely
14. Moscow - Darcy Moore
15. Buenos Aires - Corey Ellis

Trade 32 (4 votes)
Beijing give: Touk Miller + Pick 26
Toronto give: Ben Lennon
Coaches Comments: All think Miller is worth Lennon alone, and that the Pick is overkill.
Admin Comments: I think the same as those coaches, as I reckon the majority do. However, I'm taking Toges word that he is happy enough to do the trade, and that he may know more about Lennon being a Tigers fan. Reckon I'll leave his bias to be his making or undoing, and don't think it is enough for me to overrule. If this trade got two more votes, I would have failed it, and I would have again said I won't overrule the decision.

Trade 33 (3 votes)
Beijing give: Liam Shiels, Travis Varcoe, Pick 6 + Pick 62
Seoul give: Brandon Ellis, Jarrad Jansen + Pick 8
Coaches Comments: Think Seoul win by too much, saying that Ellis/Shiels are fairly even. One suggested that if the picks weren't involved then they would let is pass.
Admin Comments: Ellis is an upgrade on Shiels statistically, Jansen looks like getting a new AFL club, and Varcoe is a depth player whom has had 3 seasons averaging more than 70. I also think maybe the picks were unnecessary, but again I don't think it is enough for me to overrule.

TL;DR, all trades pass.

Purple 77

Trade 24 (2 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Marc Murphy, Jack Riewoldt, Pick 79 + PSD Pick 5
Dublin trade: Travis Boak + Jobe Watson + Josh Bruce + Jason Holmes

Trade 25 (3 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Stephen Hill, Andrew Walker + Mitch Clark
Toronto trade: Mitch Robinson, Aaron Hall, Tom Cutler, Jackson Ramsay + Sean Lemmens

Trade 26 (0 votes)
Toronto trade: Pick 85
New York trade: Michael Firrito

Trade 27 (0 votes)
New York trade: Matthew White
Seoul trade: Heath Hocking + Pick 64

Trade 28 (5 votes)
Rio de Janeiro trade: Bachar Houli + Taylor Walker
New York trade: Kade Kolodjashnij, Tom Lamb, Luke Lowden + Pick 12

Trade 29 (0 votes)
New York trade: Dawson Simpson
Pacific trade: Claye Beams

Trade 30 (1 vote)
Mexico City trade: Brady Grey
Cape Town trade: Adam Cooney

Trade 31 (1 vote)
Mexico City trade: Allen Christensen + Taylor Hunt
Beijing trade: Eddie Betts, Sam Gray + Maverick Weller

Trade 32 (4 votes)
Beijing give: Touk Miller + Pick 26
Toronto give: Ben Lennon

Trade 33 (3 votes)
Beijing give: Liam Shiels, Travis Varcoe, Pick 6 + Pick 62
Seoul give: Brandon Ellis, Jarrad Jansen + Pick 8

kilbluff1985

One suggested that if the picks weren't involved then they would let is pass.

lol so due to an almost insignificant pick upgrade they voted against

i know it was passed but lol

DazBurg

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 22, 2015, 06:50:53 PM
One suggested that if the picks weren't involved then they would let is pass.

lol so due to an almost insignificant pick upgrade they voted against

i know it was passed but lol
i'm happy to put my hand up and say that was me

i really dislike the fact that some only trade if they win

there was no need for the pick upgrade at all

ellis may be worth more then shiels but add varcoe it makes up for it

jansen = pick 62

so no need for the pick swap

and simply a case of JB not doing the trade unless he basically wins instead of it being fair and even

yes not comp destroying stuff but also not something that i think needs to be encouraged