Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 11:36:19 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:21:10 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 11:12:53 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 09, 2015, 11:08:36 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2015, 11:07:59 PM
i love you guys
I really appreciate how passionate everyone is.

TBH I just love arguing with people.

I would let every trade pass and remove the cap if I was in charge and watch the cream rise to the top.
It's become a sticky, yellow, crusty-old cream called Holz and I'm goddamn sick of it on top of my frappe'

People keep trading these good teams young stars in return for their old blokes; how are we supposed to compete?

The draft my friend. I will never trade Jake Lever. Or Toby McLean. Or Harris Andrews. Or Jack Steele. Or Kyle Langford. Or Alex Neal-Bullen. Or Mason Cox. Or Aaron Vandenberg. Or Dan McKenzie. You shouldn't really blame the top teams. All these teams just shuffling around players never get anywhere. NY aren't going to beat Dublin and MC by giving them their best players. They're just making it harder for themselves and the rest of us. But me, when my guys become elite I'm going to slay you all with drafting.

P.s if you want any of the players listed above send me an offer :D

So do we just give up, sit on our asses and not try to improve our total list.

We had zero depth when we took over last year - we were playing 1 or 2 OOP forwards every week.

If we didn't trade last we would have been bottom 4 this year. That was not appealing at all. We still had a very poor year but at least we did something.

Are Macrae, Duncan, KK, Buckley, Vardy, Menzel, Fantasia, Cockatoo, Lamb all deadbeat young players eh?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: meow meow on September 09, 2015, 11:44:22 PM
Everyone seems to be allergic to draft picks, but that's what all players start as. Pacific have the best player in the world and got him from the draft.

i just think you better off trading in a player you have seen play at AFL level much higher success rate that way or you could get a Watts 

fanTCfool

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 09, 2015, 11:48:19 PM
Everyone seems to be allergic to draft picks, but that's what all players start as. Pacific have the best player in the world and got him from the draft.

i just think you better off trading in a player you have seen play at AFL level much higher success rate that way or you could get a Watts 

Both sides have very valid points,
For mine it depends on how much of a risk you are willing to take.
I barely know the first thing of WXV, but could tell you that
Draft Picks would be High Risk - High Reward, while picking someone with an AFL spot is generally a safer bet.
Having said that, you cannot truly foresee how any player will perform, some you may have better indications of than others, but a form slump, injury or other unfortunate event could be around the corner for everyone.
It just seems less likely the longer you have seen the player perform at the level at which you are choosing them.

Hellopplz

Also I gotta say that seeing clubs completely overhaul their roster every trade period without actually addressing any real problems they have is confusing. A lot of trading for the sake of trading seems to go on in these games.
This is why PNL is usually hard to deal with, we usually trade to improve the team or fix a positional need. We had 3 trades ready to go for this period and 2 went through. If the other did as well, we pretty much would be almost done with changing the team and we'd be happy :-X. If we stopped right now, we'd be happy with our squad, which is why we only make little trades to try and get under the cap or get in players we like :P. Given it's tough to compete with Mexico/Dublin without a bit of luck as they do trade well to improve their team.

PNL loves the draft ;D. We've had some good success with early picks and with later ones (e.g. Zerrett + Jaensch), and we love seeing the guys grow :D. Just depends if we have a play we're willing to part with to get a decent draft position to get somebody we like >:D. And people already know how hard it is to get somebody that we drafted :P.

Ricochet

Quote from: AaronKirk on September 09, 2015, 11:48:05 PM
i love you guys

I would let every trade pass and remove the cap if I was in charge and watch the cream rise to the top.
It's become a sticky, yellow, crusty-old cream called Holz and I'm goddamn sick of it on top of my frappe'

People keep trading these good teams young stars in return for their old blokes; how are we supposed to compete?

The draft my friend. I will never trade Jake Lever. Or Toby McLean. Or Harris Andrews. Or Jack Steele. Or Kyle Langford. Or Alex Neal-Bullen. Or Mason Cox. Or Aaron Vandenberg. Or Dan McKenzie. You shouldn't really blame the top teams. All these teams just shuffling around players never get anywhere. NY aren't going to beat Dublin and MC by giving them their best players. They're just making it harder for themselves and the rest of us. But me, when my guys become elite I'm going to slay you all with drafting.

We had zero depth when we took over last year - we were playing 1 or 2 OOP forwards every week.

If we didn't trade last we would have been bottom 4 this year. That was not appealing at all. We still had a very poor year but at least we did something.

Are Macrae, Duncan, KK, Buckley, Vardy, Menzel, Fantasia, Cockatoo, Lamb all deadbeat young players eh?
I was just curious coz I remember you boys made heaps of trades last year, so thought I'd look at the original team

Gibson, KK, Fisher, TMckenzie (Atley, Dempsey)
Treloar, Libba, Macrae, Armitage
Blicavs, WHE (JAnderson, Lang)
Nicholls (Lycett)
Bennell, Christensen, KStevens, Cloke (McKernan, Crozier)

I don't think you who have been bottom 4. But your definitely right, it lacked depth. And you boys certainly had a heap of bad luck with injuries this year.

Nothing to do with the above convo, i was just bored :P

Hellopplz

And I'm just here thinking I drafted Dahl then traded him for Harbrow when we needed backs :'(. He's been solid but Daaaahhhhllllllll :'(.

meow meow

i love you guys

Dublin have Bob Murphy, Jobe Watson, Scott Thompson, NDS, NVB and David Mundy.
Mexico City have Bartel, Kade Simpson, Johnson, Lewis, Goddard, Harvey, NRoo.
I have Sandi, Boyd, Mitchell, Dempster, Picken.
PNL have Priddis, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Swan

If other teams would just deny the top teams the ability to trade out their old guys for stars we'd all be sweet in a year or two.

I could have easily traded Shuey to Dublin or MC for a better deal than a 30 year old and a guy who averaged 41. But London aren't one of the heavyweights. London will rise when Mexico City age. MC have a great coach who got guys like Oxley and CEY in the draft and that's how they should be forced to remain elite.

Ricochet

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 10, 2015, 12:13:16 AM
And I'm just here thinking I drafted Dahl then traded him for Harbrow when we needed backs :'(. He's been solid but Daaaahhhhllllllll :'(.
haha we all have ones we regret slightly

Memphistopheles

i love you guys

Until you bust the cap like we did and Beijing did and have to trade Lever, or Mclean, or Andrews, or Steele, or Langford, or Neal-Bullen or more of them.

Yo're going to run in to that problem soon Meow. Especially with all those gun kids #DraftEnvy.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Ricochet on September 10, 2015, 12:04:40 AM
i love you guys

I was just curious coz I remember you boys made heaps of trades last year, so thought I'd look at the original team

Gibson, KK, Fisher, TMckenzie (Atley, Dempsey)
Treloar, Libba, Macrae, Armitage
Blicavs, WHE (JAnderson, Lang)
Nicholls (Lycett)
Bennell, Christensen, KStevens, Cloke (McKernan, Crozier)

I don't think you who have been bottom 4. But your definitely right, it lacked depth. And you boys certainly had a heap of bad luck with injuries this year.

Nothing to do with the above convo, i was just bored :P

We didn't have Blicavs man. We got him from Mexico and then moved him on to Cape Town (the trade I regret the most)

Presuming our trades are passed something like below would be our side

D: Shaw, Gibson, KK, Tmac (SDT, Firrito, Buckley)
M: Macrae, Duncan, Mundy, Lewis (Montagna, Rosa, Cockatoo)
R: Vardy (Pyke)
F: Tippett, JJK, Cloke, Waite (White, Menzel, Lamb)

Still light in the ruck but in the right direction compared to where we started.

Hellopplz

S. Johnson + J. Brennan FOR C. Smith + J. Westhoff + B. McKenzie + #34
No regrets <3 <3 <3

#4 + #23 FOR J. Patton + P. Davis
So Devo :(.

And good point Meow, we do have aging guys, which we're trying to replace already :P. If trades go through, this would be our U30 team:

Backs: Marley Williams, Zac Williams, Harbrow, Sheridan (pending)
Mids: Shiel, Nate Jones, Zerrett, Billings (Halla/Myers)
Ruck: Lobbe
Fwds: Wingard, Westhoff, Rioli, Lynch (Crows)

We have youngsters everywhere but still a fairly solid side. Chuck in oldies and we have a good mix :). Just how Daz and I like it, and we're happy to keep the older guys unless a great offer comes along much like what London did with McVeigh/Shuey.

Memphistopheles

Also - boy did I miss a lot having to go to football training...

Some really interesting developments here.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2015, 12:14:56 AM
i love you guys

Dublin have Bob Murphy, Jobe Watson, Scott Thompson, NDS, NVB and David Mundy.
Mexico City have Bartel, Kade Simpson, Johnson, Lewis, Goddard, Harvey, NRoo.
I have Sandi, Boyd, Mitchell, Dempster, Picken.
PNL have Priddis, Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Swan

If other teams would just deny the top teams the ability to trade out their old guys for stars we'd all be sweet in a year or two.

I could have easily traded Shuey to Dublin or MC for a better deal than a 30 year old and a guy who averaged 41. But London aren't one of the heavyweights. London will rise when Mexico City age. MC have a great coach who got guys like Oxley and CEY in the draft and that's how they should be forced to remain elite.

Mexico is a top team you let thrm trade out Sandi :)

Hellopplz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 10, 2015, 12:24:33 AM
Also - boy did I miss a lot having to go to football training...

Some really interesting developments here.
Missed the brilliance of Daz and HP over at PNL creating their masterpiece of a team ;).

Ricochet

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 10, 2015, 12:21:40 AM
S. Johnson + J. Brennan FOR C. Smith + J. Westhoff + B. McKenzie + #34
No regrets <3 <3 <3

#4 + #23 FOR J. Patton + P. Davis
So Devo :(.

Lets take a look way back when...

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM
Trade 1 (Confirmed)
Trade 4 (Confirmed)
Sao Paulo Gives: Daniel Cross
New Delhi Gives: Matthew Buntine and Jared Polec

Trade 6 (Confirmed)
Mexico City Gives: Terry Milera and Kyle Reimers
New Delhi Gives: Daniel Merrett and Brent Harvey

Trade 11 (Confirmed)
Seoul Gives: Brent Renouf and Ben Rutten
New Delhi Gives: Brett Ebert

Trade 16 (Confirmed)
Cairo Gives: Pick 5, Leigh Montagna and Clinton Young
Cairo Receives: Pick 8 and Drew Petrie

Pacific Gives: Pick 7, Drew Petrie and Lee Spurr
Pacific Receives: Picks 5, 45 and Tom Rockliff

New Delhi Gives: Picks 8, 45, and Tom Rockliff
New Delhi Receives: Pick 7, Leigh Montagna, Clinton Young and Lee Spurr
[/color]

Trade 26 (Confirmed)
New Delhi gives: Nick Dal Santo
Cairo gives: Pick 26 and Josh Gibson

Trade 28 (Confirmed)
Mexico City gives: Terry Milera, Jarrad Boumann, Kyle Reimers
New Delhi gives: Brent Harvey, Daniel Merrett

Trade 40 (Confirmed)
New Delhi gives: Corey Enright & Jordan Murdoch
Tokyo gives: Pick 14

Trade 41 (Confirmed)
Cairo gives: Sharrod Wellingham
New Delhi gives: Picks 63, 81 and Jarryn Geary

Trade 47 (Confirmed)
Mexico City gives: Pick 18
New Delhi gives: Corey Enright

Trade 49 (Confirmed)
Pacific gives: Pick 10 + Lewis Roberts-Thomson
New Delhi gives: Pick 7

Trade 62 (Confirmed)
PNL gives: George Horlin-Smith
New Delhi gives: Jackson Trengove

Trade 69 (Confirmed)
New Delhi gives: Pick 10
Mexico City gives: Garrick Ibbotson, Simon Black, Martin Mattner and Matthew White

Trade 74 (Confirmed)
New Delhi gives: Dayne Zorko
Pacific gives: Pick 38 + Sam Gibson, Cameron Wood

Trade 100 (Confirmed)
Toronto gives: Pick 61, Sam Fisher and Angus Monfries
New Delhi gives: Jordan Murdoch

Trade 106  Confirmed
Toronto gives: Sam Fisher, Pick 14 and Josh Toy
New Delhi gives: Dayne Zorko and Ben Mabon

Trade 109
Mexico gives: Picks 7 and 91
New Delhi gives: Pick 14 and Daniel Cross