Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 28, 2015, 07:03:09 AM
annoying for the new coaches who might want to make a offer if elected

Not really. Any good coach would do their due diligence and wait if they thought the two teams had something they wanted

I've reviewed the dillos and wolves list and I can only speak for NY but those lists couldn't beat our current offers

Memphistopheles

The only thing that would make me change my mind on some of the aforementioned 'locked-in' deals is if whoever gets Pendlebury in the re-draft wanted to trade him.

Then I might consider changing my mind and I'm sure the teams involved with the other trades would understand because of how much of a gun Pendles is/the uniqueness of this situation.

I'd suggest that the coach who picks him up declares his intentions with Pendles straight away - I'm almost certain they won't want to trade him but, best to let everyone know before the trade period officially opens if there is a chance of moving him on so others can declare their hand.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 28, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
The only thing that would make me change my mind on some of the aforementioned 'locked-in' deals is if whoever gets Pendlebury in the re-draft wanted to trade him.

Then I might consider changing my mind and I'm sure the teams involved with the other trades would understand because of how much of a gun Pendles is/the uniqueness of this situation.

I'd suggest that the coach who picks him up declares his intentions with Pendles straight away - I'm almost certain they won't want to trade him but, best to let everyone know before the trade period officially opens if there is a chance of moving him on so others can declare their hand.

If the coach who gets Pendles is open to trading him, then they're clearly tanking imo :P

Ricochet

I'd trade him, you'd get overs for him

Gaff and Coniglio are going to be better anyway

Memphistopheles

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 28, 2015, 03:08:01 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 28, 2015, 03:05:39 PM

If the coach who gets Pendles is open to trading him, then they're clearly tanking imo :P

Not necessarily. If the re-drafted team isn't strong enough to be competitive in season one then trading Pendles for 3-4 other good young talents, including a future captain option, is a viable option for the long term.

And, to be honest I can't really see a team coming out of this re-draft with a side capable of challenging any of the Top 4-6 sides next year. Not unless one the other drafter does a really bad job.

And, even then probably not. This is the best team I could come up with combined from the two sides and even this is dependent on dpp (Griffen probably won't get def and Adams probably won't keep fwd and Kelly will probably be retired)

Def: Ryan Griffen, Jamie MacMillan, Easton Wood, James Kelly.
Mid: Scott Pendlebury (C), Ben Cunnington, Isaac Smith, Andrew Swallow.
Ruc: Patrick Ryder.
Fwd: Taylor Adams, Jack Ziebell, Mitch Robinson, Jay Schulz.
Uti: Jack Crisp, Mitch Wallis

Even this team I think is probably only around the lower reaches of the 8. Maybe pushing Top 4 if they are lucky. There's really not many defenders available from either side

So bear in mind that each team will only be half as good as the team above then trading Pendles to improve the depth of decent players on your list is not a bad idea actually.

I just did a quick count actually and there's 31 players on both teams list who are either retiring at the end of this year, or I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. Doesn't really bode well for getting two competitive teams out of this mix...

meow meow

Obviously you're not going to get a couple of gun teams out of merging two teams that missed the finals but there's A LOT of young talent and enough established players to give the coaches trading options. Could easily build two teams that are capable of pushing for finals in 2017.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 28, 2015, 03:37:20 PM
Obviously you're not going to get a couple of gun teams out of merging two teams that missed the finals but there's A LOT of young talent and enough established players to give the coaches trading options. Could easily build two teams that are capable of pushing for finals in 2017.

got to agree with Meow.

add in some good picks in the draft too.

plus that might be the best team you could have drafted however. Do some trading, turn Pendles into a defender + something

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2015, 03:42:41 PM

got to agree with Meow.

plus that might be the best team you could have drafted however. Do some trading, turn Pendles into a defender + something

Just don't trade Pendles to Holz or we're all screwed for the next 3-4 seasons :P

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 28, 2015, 03:48:37 PM

got to agree with Meow.

Just don't trade Pendles to Holz or we're all screwed for the next 3-4 seasons :P

all good

Sloane Selwood Libba Boak Dmart

im set in the mids for a while, don't worry about me. Dont need old man Pendles.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2015, 03:50:46 PM

got to agree with Meow.

all good

im set in the mids for a while, don't worry about me. Dont need old man Pendles.

I bet you'd be scared it Mexico or one of your other Top 4 rivals got him though :P

Bit of a down year for him this year but 125 avg = 250 points a week as captain going in to a rival would be a big blow.

With regards to the draft. There are some good picks but, this is a very shallow draft. So only the first round/compo and second round picks are really worth anything here. Whereas last year 3rd/4th round picks were worth grabbing as well.

Holz

Quote from: Memphistopheles on August 28, 2015, 04:03:20 PM
Quote from: Holz on August 28, 2015, 03:50:46 PM

got to agree with Meow.

all good

I bet you'd be scared it Mexico or one of your other Top 4 rivals got him though :P

Bit of a down year for him this year but 125 avg = 250 points a week as captain going in to a rival would be a big blow.

With regards to the draft. There are some good picks but, this is a very shallow draft. So only the first round/compo and second round picks are really worth anything here. Whereas last year 3rd/4th round picks were worth grabbing as well.

if Mexico got them in another steal than i will crack it.

maybe they can Trade Ebert + Harvey for Pendles.

Mexico have Rocky already
Berlin have Fyfe

Would be Huge for PNL or Christchurch Though

AaronKirk

If you could get 2 starters with a long term goal in mind for Pendles you would have to consider trading him.

Not many teams can offer that price for him though.

kilbluff1985

if i got Pendles my goal would be to get 2 gun young premo mids for Pendles and my 1st rounder start building a team around that

Nige

Personally, I don't really see the point in drafting Pendles to trade him.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Nige on August 28, 2015, 06:04:39 PM
Personally, I don't really see the point in drafting Pendles to trade him.

instead of one premo you could end up with 2