Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Nah, you can't put up premium players. Those trades are discussed via PM's

This thread would be purely for teams posting up their surplus players that they don't require whatsoever. The players you post up will be traded for the best offer

Toga

I like the idea of only being offered picks! Would help with teams trying to find cap relief etc.

Hellopplz

Quote from: Holz on September 11, 2015, 09:45:38 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 07:43:23 PM
New York give: Alex Browne
Dublin give: Pick 54

Holz to confirm
Hp wanted him so I stole him.

Confirmed

It's because I got Buntine wasn't it? :'( And Dublin has #56!

RaisyDaisy

Haha to be fair, after the fun of you two going back and forth I did then just say next best offer wins and Holz simply replied first. I obviously wouldn't do that for players of importance, but in this case it was fun which has led to the current discussion here about having a sort of quick fire bargain thread for all teams surplus/not required players

Will also update 54 to 56, cheers

RaisyDaisy

For anyone that is interested I have provided updates about where NY is at now including our current team after trades, current Cap status (now under 30k yay!) and what our 2016 list lodgement is going to look like at this stage

We are still hoping to secure a ruck, but other than that we are more or less done now and happy with our team for the 2016 season

Check it out :)

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,98862.msg1674893.html#new

These 5 will be getting delisted so either offer a bag of chips of pick them up in the draft :)

Firrito, Bennell, McGinnity, Addison and Lucey

Jay

Quote from: Nige on September 11, 2015, 08:16:01 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 11, 2015, 06:47:27 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 11, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Trades should only be negged if they are going to negatively skew the competition. Nothing trades like this are fine no matter if it was buntine for dawson.

Ricochet

Updated team list. All boys still on the table

Stephen Coniglio   1519
Mitch Wallis   1351
Chris Masten   1594
Jack Martin   594
Isaac Heeney   490
Jack Darling   571
Koby Stevens   949
Matt Crouch   633
Daniel Rich   1347
Jeremy Howe   1322
Reece Conca   117
Patrick McCartin   223
Sharrod Wellingham   1307
Tomas Bugg   663
Zachary Clarke   816
Jack Hannath   55
Craig Moller   0
Riley Knight   270
Jack Trengove   0
Nicholas Robertson   637
Aaron Mullett   99
Ed Langdon   0
Ben Griffiths   731
Toby Nankervis   210
Robert Warnock   147
Bradley Walsh   24
Sebastian Ross   292
Sam Kerridge   22
Tom Curren   89
William Hams   88
Jimmy Webster   736
Jarman Impey   612
Jarrad Grant   783
Blaine Johnson   64
Rohan Bail   140
Sam Russell   0
Simon Tunbridge   48
Simon White   644
Tim O'Brien   0
Brant Colledge   17
Lewis Pierce   0
Liam Sumner   0
Daniel Talia   734

RaisyDaisy

Looking really good NDT! Well done lads, a lot of young guns in there now :)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 11, 2015, 08:18:20 PM
Nah, you can't put up premium players. Those trades are discussed via PM's

This thread would be purely for teams posting up their surplus players that they don't require whatsoever. The players you post up will be traded for the best offer

I love this idea a lot.

Each team lists say 5 surplus players then other teams bid draft  picks and the highest one wins? Would be handy for us to get rid of guys and get us under the cap.

And, teams could actually get some semi-decent kids from us/depth coz all our guys have been getting games.

Nige

Should it only be for teams above the cap though maybe?

Using us an example, we have a few blokes who I would have considered 'surplus' at the start of the year but basically were the reason we were just about able to field a team most weeks when we got savaged by injuries.

They're probably players that people might not necessarily bid on anyway, but if we're trying to stay above the cap, we nede those blokes since they got games and have enough points to keep us above.

Toga

Just don't put blokes you can't afford to lose up for bid!

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 12, 2015, 12:37:04 PM
As evidenced by this season, that's pretty much everyone.  :P

Except maybe Arryn Siposs.  :P

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Toga on September 12, 2015, 12:37:04 PM

There would obviously be no obligation for teams to put up players.

If you're happy with your list/don't want to move on your depth then you can just be a buyer/bidder.

What I should have said was each team lists up to a maximum of 5 players. S you could list 0.

meow meow

Clay Cameron, Zac Dawson and Joel Patfull up for auction! What... no bids? K Den.

RaisyDaisy

There would be no limit on how many players you want to "auction"

Even if you have no players you want to list, you can still participate and try to win players

It needs to be very simple. Each team lists the players they don't want/have no need for and the best offer gets them. Players who don't get bid on remain with the team and can be delisted if they see fit

As we all cant be online at the same time I would suggest an OP that has each team lists published. After say 72 hours or so the results are finalised and the players/offers received are all approved without a vote. All bids are published in the thread and NO negotiating can be done. If someone outbids you then you can try to outbid them and at the completion of the auction the best bids win

You can bid in one of two ways. Either offer a pick you have, or offer one/multiple of your players you have listed yourself.