Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 12, 2015, 11:19:59 PM
Hey I know this has been posted before but, can someone help me with something as I'm computer less during the week at the moment and just on my phone?

What I want to know is regarding the WXV Pre-Season and Rookie drafts.

Am I right in thinking that it works like this?

The Pre-Season draft is BEFORE the rookie draft. In it you can pick any leftover AFL national draftees plus any WXV player delisted plus anyone taken in the AFL rookie draft right? However, you must put them on your main list (you can't put them on your rookie list) in WXV even if they are an AFL rookie.
yes

You also can't make a pick in this draft unless you pass on one or more International Draft picks or unless you have spare spots on your main list after the International draft.
yep

How does the Pre-Season draft order then work? Off the list Purple posted in the Discussion thread or in order of who passes first in the International draft. If it's the latter then why is there even an order?
Yep that list

Then we have to rookie draft which is the sole and only way to get players on to your rookie list right?
Spot on

So if a club was going to lose/trade out all its rookies before the rookie draft it would be very beneficial for them to get as many high picks as they could.
Rookie picks yeh

Or can you put players on your rookie from the Pre-Season draft?
Nope, PSD picks go on your main list

But, if that's the only way to get rookies on to your list then why do people have access to them in the Pre-season draft?

Thanks heaps in advance for clarifying this for me.

PS - Can the rules surrounding the draft go in the official rules thread Purple? I looked but couldn't see it there.

Hope that helps mate

Hellopplz

Think Rico covered it well! PSD draft goes to your main list, but you get first crack at any AFL recruited rookies which are the mature aged guys like Saad or Lambert who get drafted through AFL rookie draft. So why some who have room on their main list trade for PSD picks, as if you pass in the Nat draft to keep a spot open in your list, you get YOUR first PSD pick. So by trading in earlier PSD picks, you'll get an even earlier pick should others do the same. This is especially handy if you finished near the top of the ladder and really want a gun rookie drafted in the AFL. Trade up to say a top 3 PSD pick and clear some space in your list and can get them (higher certainty), rather than hoping they slip through to you in the Rookie draft (to put on a Worlds rookie list).

Quote from: Adamant on November 12, 2015, 11:34:10 PM
Spindleshanks. :(
He feels sad bouncing around from team to team after PNL :(.

RaisyDaisy

That was great Rico - cheers for that, although I am still not 100% across this, so I would like to use our current situation and seek assistance

We currently have 35 players on our senior list and NO players on the rookie list after delistings

We have the following picks

NAT 18,19,20,38,64
PSD 1,29
Rookie 11, 29, 47, 65

So, am I right in assuming that we could use picks 18,19,20,38 and PSD 1 to fill the last 5 spots on our list which means we pass on NAT 64 and PSD 29 and then use our 4 rookie picks to get the required 4 rookies we need?

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 13, 2015, 12:46:50 AM
So, am I right in assuming that we could use picks 18,19,20,38 and PSD 1 to fill the last 5 spots on our list which means we pass on NAT 64 and PSD 29 and then use our 4 rookie picks to get the required 4 rookies we need?
yes

Memphistopheles

Legend thanks.

Looks like we may need to acquire some rookie picks (not PSD) like I thought before.

So if anyone wants to trade one for a player or our late Nat or any of our PSD picks let me know.

Adamant

Looking to move on N43 and N86 for anyone with a good 1000+ cap points providing they haven't retired. Don't mind who it is.

Alternatively I could trade the pick(s) for a bunch of players whose points combined equate to 1000+.

RaisyDaisy

Looks like we probably wont have a need for NAT 64

If anyone can offer a first or second round rookie pick for it, or an upgrade on our first (11) or second (29) rookie pick hit me up

Purple 77

Yep, all is correct.

I do mention some of it in the Trade Confirmation Thread.

Seems you guys are on the ball anyway  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 13, 2015, 08:40:01 AM
Looks like we probably wont have a need for NAT 64

If anyone can offer a first or second round rookie pick for it, or an upgrade on our first (11) or second (29) rookie pick hit me up

Also have PSD 29 that we can move on. Happy to package up NAT 64 and PSD 29 for the best Rookie Pick

RaisyDaisy

NAT 64 is off the table now (Being used in a bigger deal)

JBs-Hawks

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 13, 2015, 02:43:20 PM
Lol.

What's funny?

I put it up for offer, and then somebody approached us with a deal involving it so I just provided an update saying it's no longer available

Hilarious right  :P

kilbluff1985

the moment u waiting on a team to make up there minds with 2 days left lol don't like the stress

kilbluff1985

Toronto  come out swinging in the last week of the trade period  :o

Adamant

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 14, 2015, 12:19:08 AM
Toronto  come out swinging in the last week of the trade period  :o

Haha to be fair most of our recent trades have involved spuds to get us above the cap. :P

Although that now makes it 21 trades for us this period and we're not done with yet.