Main Menu

WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on October 31, 2015, 09:37:24 PM
You say you look at competition as a whole but did you consider London's plight roght on the cap so now hamstrung with not being able to do much because of cap.  That was listed in the reason but not a lot of you probably read it.  Just blindly guided by other coaches comments.

Anyway them the rules and you have to accept them so London will probably have to now tank because of points cap and the insensitivity of coaches to our plight.

Plight on the cap? What? The maximum is 30000, and you are on 29573. When you delist players such as

Andrew Moore   255
Scott McMahon   89
Brent Staker   194

that is a further 538 points down. And even if you wanted to go further down the cap, why not delist David MacKay, whom played 18 games at an average of 60.44, who will be a midfielder, and rid yourself of a further 985 points? Or the 47.38 averaging Kyle Hartigan and get 554 points down the cap? But you wouldn't even have to do that, because you are under the cap.

Working within the bounds of the cap when you are close to being over it, is incredibly manageable and frankly I'm surprised it gets as much fuss as it does. It is a non-issue. And to be willing to accept unders to do so is unnecessary; it shouldn't diminish the value of your good players one single bit.

And that tanking mention makes absolutely zero sense to me. How would you even tank? And if it is tanking, is this really a road you'd be willing to go down (in regards to having your integrity questioned)?

I am a bit defensive of the cap (and I hope to god another argument about it won't start here), because really it is a non-issue. Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but the reasons stated here shouldn't exist.

Nige

It all goes back to something said ages ago, which is not simply restricted to Worlds but a general life thing (not being hypocritical either, I'm guilty of this myself - more so in life than Worlds though): People will find any excuse or reason against something if things don't go or aren't going their way.

In this instance, the fuss about the cap isn't a problem at all. As Purps says, it's very easy to manage. You just have to be smart about your list management.

RaisyDaisy

We didn't neg the London trade, but Purps is 100% right. London have spuds that can be delisted and the cap won't even be an issue for them

We are now over 30K and in a much tougher position than you Ringo because our plus 30k already factors in delisted spuds and even with that I'm still not going to lose trades to get under.

The cap is not a reason at all to lose out on trades.

Delist or look to trade like for like with lower points

Edit: unsure of Ward deal. First thought was Beijing is paying massive overs, but then the longer I think the more I think they're winning maybe? Hooker, Bell and 8 isn't rubbish, it's actually a lot, but it could be just handy depth and cover while Ward is a starting gun.

Hooker starts in most defence, Bell could one day and 8 is valuable. Like Rico said, best offer wins

DazBurg

i didn't neg it either and tbh i don't think it was a bad trade

how many ppl here are going to go and offer a first round pick for stants? and even though gray will drop in average still if he drops to 79 he'd ave as much as bags last year but be 5 years younger

i think ppl look at when it is Mexico or dublin and go no they good enough already not letting them get another player

stanton 2nd time only in his career to actually ave 100 or over as well

but the coaches have voted and i know that is the process just interested to see what other offers Ringo has be inundated with for the pair

DazBurg

http://everywherechat.com/chatnow.php
list rooms
FF_Elite_Chat

LF, Ringo and I on atm
if anyone interested

RaisyDaisy

If anyone is interested in Alex Sexton, we may be able to let him go just for a pick

Only 21 and has played 27 games in the last 2 years with a few 80+ and 90+ scores

Ringo

If anyone wants these players for immediate depth feel free to make offers for these older players - David Mackay, Tom Lonergan, Kyle Hartigan, Baguley, Lumumba, Stanton, Dannyle Pearce and Josh Hill.  Some are under discussion at the moment but feel free to make offers.

RaisyDaisy

Is my phone playing up or did Ada post a massive deal then delete? And Holz rejected? What's going on there?

Hellopplz

Yeah it got taken down since it was posted. Think they'll be trying to fix it up if they can then repost.

Holz

yeah there wasa player going to the wrong person. so when i saw it i realised it wasnt fair.

but now it is. so posted it up correctly.

RaisyDaisy

Love the innovation to champion a 6 way deal - super impressive, but Holz you are getting absolutely destroyed in that deal

Yarran for Walters is even. 5 players plus a pick for 3? Insane

Surprised NDT agreed too. Is that essentially just pick 2 for Jack?

Not having a go here, but obviously a deal this big was going to attract responses

AaronKirk

:o

5 way trade? Cannot get my head around it yet.

???

Ringo

Quote from: AaronKirk on November 01, 2015, 07:08:01 PM

???
Reason to neg hahaha

Jay

5-way deal? Kinda makes the trade voting process interesting this week... Already got 6 accepted votes basically, even though to me, it looks extremely unfair for at least 2 teams involved.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on November 01, 2015, 07:08:01 PM

???

It's actually 6!

Toronto give: K. Jack + A. Everitt + S. Biggs + N31
Toronto get: J. Ziebell + N5

New Delhi give: J. Elliott
New Delhi get: K. Jack

Buenos Aires give: J. Ziebell + N3
Buenos Aires get: J. Elliott + L.Hansen + A. Everitt + S. Biggs + N31

Rio de Janeiro give: N5 + N43
Rio de Janeiro get: S. Thompson + R. Murphy + N. van Berlo + J. Walker + N32

Dublin give: S. Thompson + R. Murphy + M. Walters + L.Hansen + N. van Berlo + J. Walker + N32
Dublin get: C. Yarran + B. Dale + N3

Berlin give: C. Yarran + B. Dale
Berlin get: M. Walters + N43

When I look at it like that, I reckon it's a job well done by all involved. I question NDT taking Jack for Elliot only because they gave up 2 for him so it's like Kieran Jack is now worth 2 which I don't really think is right, and feel like Holz is losing too much, but everything else looks good IMO