WXV Round 13: Worlds Dividing in Blockbuster Round

Started by Purple 77, July 07, 2015, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellopplz

Quote from: DazBurg on July 09, 2015, 07:14:23 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on July 09, 2015, 01:15:53 AM
All I got from that is Fyfe is pretty douchey and Purps is meant to be the humble one *cough *cough :P. Still good read/banter fellas, loving it!

Parisian Nice Lyon Reindeers

D: L. Hodge, C. Enright, J.Trengove, J. Harbrow
M: M. Priddis, N. Jones, D. Shiel, J. Garlett (C)
R: M. Lobbe
F: J. Westhoff (VC), C. Rioli, D. Swan, C. Wingard
I: Z. Merrett, T. Lynch

E: D. Rich, N. Malceski, L. Casboult

Resting: F. Ray
Edited the above team with williams being named as an out trengove in and eski into the emergencies
Editting again to include Harbrow in for McPharlin! Also going to loop hole in Westhoff's score as Captain so a little shuffle of emergencies. And Griffin may play for Freo so there is hope we have a back up for Lobbe who's severely out of form! AND LAVERDE GETS HIS GAME!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Holz

Quote from: Hellopplz on July 10, 2015, 12:44:17 AM
One job Lobbe, just one job and couldn't perform the one time we really needed him :(. I blame Toronto and their Ryder >:(.

He came up against the beast in Goldy, give him some slack. Im suprised he did as well as he did

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on July 09, 2015, 11:44:32 AM

New Delhi Tigers

DEF Jarman Impey 40, Aaron Mullett, Simon White, Daniel Talia
MID Stephen Coniglio, Andrew Gaff (C), Chris Masten, Seb Ross
UTIL Nick Robertson, Koby Stevens
RUCK Tom Nicholls
FWD Jesse White 65 (VC), Zac Clarke, Jack Darling, Jarrod Grant

EMER: Paddy McCartin, Riley Knight, Zac Williams

Boomz

Tokyo Samurai
Def: Henderson, Yarran, Ibbotson, Rivers
Mid: Parker (VC) Jack (C),  Miles, Carrazzo
Ruck: Ambrose
Fwd: Motlop, Dahlhaus, Suban, Cripps
IC: Burgoyne, Johannisen
Emergencies: Cunningham, Merrett, Kennedy

roo boys!

One job Lobbe, just one job and couldn't perform the one time we really needed him :(. I blame Toronto and their Ryder >:(.
Trust me, Ryder's move to Port hasn't been good for us either!

Pendles has given me a pretty awkward loophole score, especially given the inconsistency of my other captain options

For now I think I'll leave it on Griffen but part of me wants to take the safe option and lock in Pendles' 96

ossie85

I'd be surprised if Griffen has averaged 96....

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on July 10, 2015, 12:30:29 PM

Pendles has given me a pretty awkward loophole score, especially given the inconsistency of my other captain options

For now I think I'll leave it on Griffen but part of me wants to take the safe option and lock in Pendles' 96

trade him trade him I say

Jukes

Trading Griff for Greenwood and Darcy Moore was (and still is) a flowering ripper trade on paper

It's just too bad they've scored a total of 65 combined points for my reserves this year so far

edit: Got Jamison too, his 213 points for the reserves have been valuable too

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on July 10, 2015, 12:48:42 PM
Trading Griff for Greenwood and Darcy Moore was (and still is) a flowering ripper trade on paper

It's just too bad they've scored a total of 65 combined points for my reserves this year so far

and torp was talking him up as a 110+ elite mid.

Jukes

Quote from: Holz on July 10, 2015, 12:50:04 PM

who, Griff or Greeny?

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on July 10, 2015, 12:51:04 PM

who, Griff or Greeny?

griff

Jukes

Quote from: Holz on July 10, 2015, 12:54:23 PM
Quote from: Jukes on July 10, 2015, 12:51:04 PM

who, Griff or Greeny?

griff

Well, he did average over 116 in 2013 including an injury-affected 53. And I can't remember too many players who have scored a 169 and 176 in the same season (plus a few more int he 140s). Was poor last year as he struggled through back problems and being tagged every week, but still managed to average 98 (mostly because of a 189 in the last round)

The move to GWS could've sparked his revival to 110+ or set him back, and obviously the latter has occurred - it was a risk that was probably worth taking, although Greeny and Darc probably overpaying :P

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on July 10, 2015, 12:36:23 PM

Nowhere near it, but has averaged 117.5 since moving to the backline ;)

Yeah looking like a shocking trade on my behalf, I was sucked in by all the reports swirling that his back was feeling good and the lack of leadership was making him enjoy his footy again. I had my reasons for targeting Griff but they all seem to have backfired

Not too concerned about overpaying as I had to get rid of Greenwood anyway for personal reasons :P, and we're yet to see how he'll score at his new club anyway. Plus I knew nothing about the draft so first round pick was pretty useless to me anyway, was always going to trade it somewhere

I guess I'm just clinging to the hope Griffen gets D/M DPP next year  :-[

meow meow

Quote from: roo boys! on July 10, 2015, 01:58:43 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 10, 2015, 12:36:23 PM

Nowhere near it, but has averaged 117.5 since moving to the backline ;)

Yeah looking like a shocking trade on my behalf, I was sucked in by all the reports swirling that his back was feeling good and the lack of leadership was making him enjoy his footy again. I had my reasons for targeting Griff but they all seem to have backfired

Not too concerned about overpaying as I had to get rid of Greenwood anyway for personal reasons :P, and we're yet to see how he'll score at his new club anyway. Plus I knew nothing about the draft so first round pick was pretty useless to me anyway, was always going to trade it somewhere

I guess I'm just clinging to the hope Griffen gets D/M DPP next year  :-[

Matty Boyd will be a backman next season so I've got a spot in my mids for Griff if he's mid only and you want to give him the boot.

roo boys!

With Crisp and Ziebell losing DPP I definitely will be looking to trade some mids, but at this stage I don't think Griffen is one of them - I'd be doing the complete opposite of the aim of this game, buy low sell high!

Quote from: Holz on July 10, 2015, 12:44:02 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on July 10, 2015, 12:30:29 PM

trade him trade him I say
If anything this captain conundrum has confirmed how important Pendles is. The fact I have no other viable captaincy options means he has to stay