WXV Round 13: Worlds Dividing in Blockbuster Round

Started by Purple 77, July 07, 2015, 01:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: meow meow on July 07, 2015, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on July 07, 2015, 02:19:41 PM
im torn I dislike Christchurch and Mexico and want neither to make the 4 but one probably will.

lets go Dublin Moscow PNL and dare i say it Berlin.

#scared

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on July 07, 2015, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: Holz on July 07, 2015, 02:19:41 PM
im torn I dislike Christchurch and Mexico and want neither to make the 4 but one probably will.

lets go Dublin Moscow PNL and dare i say it Berlin.

#scared

nah just dont think a team that traded away rocky for gibbs deserves to make it.

Im scared of Mexico though

Jukes

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

B: Liam Picken, Dylan Roberton, Sean Dempster, Jake Lever
M: Hamish Hartlett (VC), Bryce Gibbs, Matthew Boyd, Luke Shuey
R: Will Minson
F: Shaun McKernan, Jeff Garlett, Jack Steele, Dayne Zorko
I: Aaron Sandilands, Sam Mitchell (C)

E: Tom Scully, Jamie Elliott, Sam Gilbert

Rested: Jake Stringer

Toga

Beijing Thunder:
D: Harry Taylor, Cale Hooker, Jackson Thurlow, Sam Mayes
M: Oliver Wines (VC), Lachie Neale, Liam Shiels, Josh Caddy
R: Matthew Kreuzer
F: Eddie Betts, Tom Bell, Tim Broomhead, Kane Lambert
I/C: Brodie Grundy, Touk Miller

Emg: James Aish (mid), Travis Varcoe (def), Chris Dawes (fwd)

Levi434

Jags need to win 5 straight to have any sort of chance at finals. *Gulp*  :(

Don't think it is possible.

Jags run home:
R13: Rio de Janeiro vs London
R14: Rio de Janeiro vs Christchurch
R15: Rio de Janeiro vs Toronto
R16: Rio de Janeiro vs Berlin
R17: Rio de Janeiro vs Cairo

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on July 07, 2015, 02:12:24 PM
Hopefully I can get over my bias and pick Jeffy over Stringer just to torment Purps whenever Garlett gets a touch.

JKH is the small forward I love  ;)

I'm glad you're picking Jeff over Stringer anyway  :P

DazBurg

OOOoooooOOO taking on Holz

fun fun good to test out our boys and see where we are at when it matters  8)

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH PRESS CONFERENCE

meow: Joining me this week will be none other than the only ruckman that I need, Big Will! Fire away!

You must be confident after a good win last week, posting your biggest score in the clubs short history.
Um, you can never be confident when going up against Berlin. You know, their ladder position belies their elite scoring this year. You may have heard that once or twice.

Will, how do you think you will go? Both personally and as a team?
I think their ruckman will dominate. He's so tall. He should probably be captain. I'll post a fabulous score though. I may even duck over to another match and treat GAJ like he's an umpire, assault him and take him out in preparation for next week.

meow, what do you have to say about Will's comments?
He's right. Max is tall.

Will: Just joking. McKernan will take care of Max and should probably be our captain.

Speaking of captains, what about Fyfe?
He wanted to come to Moscow when I was there, and we got the deal done. I taught him everything he knows. I know his weaknesses too.

Care to enlighten us?
His thighs are quite large. A nice target for a Sam Mitchell knee or three. Although that would probably help his kicking. He's called The Knife because he butchers the pill, you know? And he's mentally soft.

Come on. Seriously?
Yeah, he shanks the most important kicks. Plus he's a sook. Last week Purple 77 said that Berlin were already looking forward to the match against Christchurch. I dunno if Purps knows this or not, but Nat called me up and said he was thinking about the prospect of playing against a meow coached team and you should have heard him whining. I think that explains his performance last week and I expect more of the same.

What about Dixon and Treloar then?
Dixon has had his one good game for the month. Expecting 2 in a row is a bit rich. Although if Jack Watts can do it then anything is possible.
Adam Treloar is dead to me. We were meant to be a team. I brought him into WXV and also taught him everything he knows and to see him on the other team sickens me. 

And another one of your former players, JKH?
Who?

What about Golby?
Never heard of him. Oh! That guy that we got Jeff for? Is he still on a list?

Will, you've got Gibbs back in the mids this week. Tell us what he means to the team.
Bryce Gibbs is the heart and soul of Christchurch. He's performed better than that other spud that we got rid of for him, and we got Sandi too! Gibbs knows that there's no point dominating at the wrong end of the season. We love his aggression. He dishes out the punishment, he's not on the receiving end of breaking his face or ribs over and over again.

You know the coach of Dublin will have something to say. Does that affect the players?
Will: Maybe he should be in the hospital visiting all of his players instead, while the durable Gibbs is doing his thing like the rest of us. Except Ben Reid... he's useless!

meow, have you looked at the remaining fixture? If so what are your thoughts?
I have. I think the top 6 is locked in but the order can and will change. Anything can happen but the big wildcard is a team not even in the 8 in Cape Town. They can ruin things for some teams, and their performance last week has me taking notice. Luckily we've already beaten them.

Any predictions?
One week at a time. Berlin are a massive challenge this week but if we can overcome them then a top 2 finish and a home qualifying final is a legitimate chance. Mexico, Dublin, PNL and Moscow can beat the crap out of each other and we'll avoid that and just do our thing and see how we go. If PNL get top spot it's because we let them win early in the year when we weren't trying.

Hellopplz

You got the worst out of the way early in your loss to us Mewtwo ;).

kilbluff1985

Jukes

Pkbaldy

Levi434

Rio de Janeiro Jaguars

D: Bachar Houli, Elliott Yeo, Andrew Mackie, Ben Jacobs
M: Marc Murphy, Gary Ablett (c), Stephen Hill, Bernie Vince (vc)
R: Sam Jacobs
F: Jack Riewoldt, Adam Schneider, Taylor Walker, Lewis Taylor
I: Patrick Cripps, David Zaharakis

E: Braydan Maynard (d/m), David Hale (r/f), Matthew Wright (f/m)

Purple 77

BERLIN BREWERS PRESS CONFERENCE

*media murmurs at the prospect of the first press conference with Purple 77 since his indoctrination as Adminstrator*

Announcer: Let's have an awed hush, please, for Mr. Burns Administrator and Senior Coach Purple 77

*crowd gasps*

P77: Hello all, it's been a long time.

*media scrambles to get the first word in*

Mr. 77, we can't help but wonder why you've accepted our calls for a presser only now, and not at any other time this year. What has urged you to speak out today?
Well, I couldn't help but notice that we have a vital clash with the Saints this weekend, and that the crew over in New Zealand also spoke late last night. I thought perhaps I could give a little reply.

And what is that exactly?
In time my friend. First of all, I just want to acknowledge our form this year; a mixed bag really. We have seen a couple of poor losses, no more disappointing than our loss against the Islanders this year. More irritating, but somewhat digestable honourable losses, which I feel has made our ladder position irreflective of where we are currently at. Then, there was that win against Mexico City which has really set our finals challenge in motion... That's probably been my highlight of the year, personally. Another thing that I really rate about our club this year, is the strength of our leadership, which I think has got us through a few games this year.

Uh, you do realise that only Nat Fyfe has been given captaincy and any leadership duties this year... every single week, in fact.
I'm aware of that.

You are of course, the current WXVs Administrator, responsible for many functions of the year, but perhaps no more important than the Jim Stynes Medal Ceremony. You say that you haven't tallied any votes yet, but you must have also heard the talk that your very own Nat Fyfe is an overwhelming favourite. When the time does come and you do get around to tallying the votes, and in fact Nat Fyfe is on top of the leaderboard after Round 17, will you tell him?
Well, there is still 5 rounds left of footy to go, so that is 15 votes there for any individual to take. Nathan has had a terrific year sure, but he has got to keep it going, especially this week against the Saints. He knows we rely on him somewhat, as much as we rely on the other 14 players that take to the field every week. Should he win Jim's medal? I won't tell him, he doesn't expect that. Do you Nathan?

*Fyfe walks into the presser*

*Camera shots go crazy*

NF: Hello everyone. I am Fyfe.

*More Camera Shutters*

So Nathan, I'm sure Purps has made you do your homework on the Christchurch midfield. Your thoughts?
Yeah, 'Midfield'. But yes, he's directed my attention on those 4 guys that are supposed to play in the middle of the ground. They have guys like Hamish *Fyfe takes a pause, biting his lip and looking down before continuing* Hartlett. I'm matched up on him at M1 this week, so yeah, that'll be interesting, I guess. Although he hasn't ended up averaging 100 at the end of the year in his whole career, at least I can take solace that my worst, like last week for example, is about par with Hamish. Shuey and Gibbs are others who I match on my worst day, but they go alright. Matty Boyd leads the way for them I guess.

P77: I'll just interject here by saying, that the Saints are one of the most consistently good teams in the league at the moment. And that midfield unit takes a lot of responsibility for that.

Fyfe: Yeah, consistently good, but not that good.

Oh, right. Um, meow meow has taken a shining to ex-Brewer Jeff Garlett, mentioning that clearly in last nights presser. How do you see his form?
P77: Jeffy struggled last year...

Fyfe: Was shower house.

P77: ... and he needed a change in scenery. Would he have made a game or two for us this year? It's hard to say. I know Petrie, Paparone, Jetta and Dixon have all averaged more or equal in Charlie's case ppg than Garlett this year, even Wattsy's last month would have kept Jeff out. But he would have provided perhaps more competition in the forward line. Golby was good to start with, but his home club at Brisbane are doing their best to stunt his output since his first couple of games. Do I regret the trade? Gosh no, especially when we got the younger version of him in JKH from the Saints. I can't seem to recall who we gave up in return... Clad? Clam? Clay something? I dunno.

The Saints, whatever the result on the weekend, will probably finish above you and in the top 4 at the end of the season. How have you seen their season?

Fyfe: Undeserving...

P77: Consistency gets rewards, and no one knows that better than meow, who is premium coach in this competition.

Fyfe: ... got by on pure luck...

P77: And then you look further into their list, and they are just loaded with quality young talent. Christchurch are in very good hands, and I'm sure they will see success in their future.

Fyfe: ... at least they got rid of Rockliff...

P77: I know the boys are capable of beating the Saints, but last week was concerning. It was our lowest score for quite some time. I sure as heck know that 4 consecutive weeks on the road would have contributed to that, but we are back home now and I expect nothing but a high score from Berlin this week.

Fyfe: ... Well yeah, we actually have premium midfielders that aren't dinosaurs.

P77: Anyway, cheers guys, and remember, A STORM IS BREWING!