WXV Round 12: Saints to stand up to Rampaging Revolution?

Started by Purple 77, June 29, 2015, 04:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

what's NDT's biggest winning streak Oss? (please be over 2 games)

ossie85

Quote from: Ricochet on June 30, 2015, 01:58:10 PM
what's NDT's biggest winning streak Oss? (please be over 2 games)

Four! The first four games ever actually

Team 1   Coach   Score   Result   Team 2   Coach   Score   Margin   MatchT   Year   Round
New Delhi Tigers   FisherSaints   136   defeated   Beijing   bomberboy0618   100   36   236   2012   1
New Delhi Tigers   FisherSaints   126   defeated   Dublin Destroyers   Holzman   103   23   229   2012   2
New Delhi Tigers   FisherSaints   133   defeated   New York   pyronerd   108   25   241   2012   3
New Delhi Tigers   FisherSaints   122   defeated   Pacific Islanders   c4v3m4n   111   11   233   2012   4

And the ladder looked like this:

Round 4
Position   Name   Score   Scored Against   Wins   Loses   Percentage
1   New Delhi Tigers   517   422   4   0   122.51
2   Wellington Warriors   596   528   4   0   112.88
3   Sao Paulo Pumas   626   557   4   0   112.39
4   Mexico City Suns   619   531   3   1   116.57
5   Tokyo Samurai   565   519   3   1   108.86
6   Cape Town Cobras   571   547   3   1   104.39
7   Pacific Islanders   490   477   2   2   102.73
8   Toronto Wolves   585   579   2   2   101.04
9   Seoul Magpies   560   569   2   2   98.42
10   London Royals   471   487   2   2   96.71
11   New York Eagles   485   503   2   2   96.42
12   Beijing Bears   521   571   2   2   91.24
13   Buenos Aires Armadillos   547   563   1   3   97.16
14   Cairo Sands   489   543   1   3   90.06
15   Berlin Brewers   510   625   1   3   81.60
16   Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers   490   540   0   4   90.74
17   Moscow Spetsnaz   482   543   0   4   88.77
18   Dublin Destroyers   450   517   0   4   87.04

Funny enough New Delhi and Dublin have swapped....

Since that though, you've only ever won more than one match in a row ONCE. In 2014 against Pacific and Cape Town

Ricochet

lol, so much success.

I bet Rocky was a NDT boy way back then too

meow meow

meow meow: Match of the round calls for a press conference, so Shaun McKernan and I are here to answer your questions. Fire away!

Meow, you've said you're going to have a couple of debutants this week, can you tell us a bit about them?
mm: When I was coach of Moscow I traded in a guy by the name of Callan Ward. My boy Jack Steele is a harder, tougher version of Callan. He's a tackling machine and is going to be an absolute star, should probably win the WXV rising star this year and his nomination this week is a mere formality.

I see Shaun as being the next Stefan Martin. 24 years old and ready to show his wares on a consistent basis. He showed glimpses of immense talent in the past, such as his ability to deliver a perfect elbow to the jaw, something we value highly at 'church, but there was little things he had to work on. Things like what kind of haircut he wanted, and wether he wanted to rock some facial growth or not.

Shaun, you must be excited to debut. Against your old club no less.
Yeah, I am excited. It'll be good to play for a coach who values me.

Is there a bit of bitterness between you and New York?

I could say that it's water under the bridge but that would be a lie. It's definitely going to add motivation to my game this week. I want to play well. I want them to regret not keeping me. I want them to be traumatised by their decision to let me go. I want them to cry themselves to sleep over it, and wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat after having nightmares about me.

That's a little bit extreme don't you think?
You know, meow compared me to Stef and I kind of agree. Fresh start at a new club, right role in the team, right age for a big man to start to come good. Even our initials are the same. You know what S&M also stands for? I know you do. I'm going to enjoy every last second of inflicting pain and humiliation on NY after they disrespected me like that.

Um... okay. Meow, you're sitting 3rd on the ladder but there's a lot of people questioning if you actually belong there. What do you have to say to them?
Look at the scoreboard! No, seriously I agree that we've been lucky so far. We've only got one home game remaining this year so we're going to need to play better or else we're a chance to slip out of the 8! There's still room for improvement.

Where can you improve?
D4 has been a real issue for us this year but we hope to get Lever back and want him to make the position his own in his first season. And let's not forget Dawson.

Gibbs has battled his back problem all year but he'll be better for the rest when he returns next week.

F3 and F4 give me headaches every week. Garlett, Stringer, Hrovat, Green, Dickson and now McLean are battling for a spot, and the misclassified Ben Reid being a forward only won't make things easier if and when he returns.

What has gone right so far this year?
Picken and Roberton have been absolute stars in defense. Old Boyd and Mitchell the same in the mids and have carried the team.

Do you have anything to say to/about NY ahead of this week's game?
SM: Yeah, you are f#*!ed! I'm going to...

mm: *interrupts* We don't want to stick our nose in the business of other teams, and we just hope that Mike Pyke can get up for the match so they don't have an OOP ruck which will nullify their HGA :P

Holz

working my way up to 14 straight wins.

im more unhappy that my home streak was lost, that would have to be the record.

Ricochet

meow meow

CHRISTCHURCH SAINTS

B: Liam Picken, Dylan Roberton, Sean Dempster
M: Hamish Hartlett (VC), Sam Mitchell (C), Matthew Boyd, Luke Shuey
R: Aaron Sandilands
F: Shaun McKernan, Jack Steele, Dayne Zorko, Jamie Elliott, Jake Stringer
I: Tom Scully, Tory Dickson

E: Will Minson, Jeff Garlett, Matt Buntine

Purple 77

Loled all the way through that meow, was fantastic!

Neither in the worst losing streaks or winning streaks. I guess that's OK? I've got 3 in a row atm  :-X

Jukes

I'm on 6 in a row atm, run into the suns in two weeks tho :X so doubt my chances of getting into the 8+ club this season

kilbluff1985

i assume it would be impossible to do team with most upset wins and it's coaches?

Purple 77

God damn it Crouch  :(

Guess I'll have to win a premiership without ya  :P

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 01, 2015, 09:45:19 AM
God damn it Crouch  :(

Guess I'll have to win a premiership without ya  :P

crouch might still be around in 7 years when i fall back to the pack and you have a shot so who knows.

Toga

Beijing Thunder:
D: H.Taylor, C.Hooker, J.Thurlow, T.Varcoe
M: O.Wines (VC), L.Neale, L.Shiels, J.Caddy
R: M.Kreuzer
F: T.Bell, E.Betts, T.Broomhead, J.Stewart
I/C: C.Wood, J.Aish

Emg: T.Miller (mid), S.Mayes (def/mid), C.Dawes (fwd)

Injuries starting to catch up with us a bit :( Jaensch, Grundy, Danny Stanley, Phil Davis means that 3 or 4 of our starting XV are out, will make it tough this week. Will really need our younger boys in Touk, Aish, Broomy and Stewart to step up if we're to have any chance of getting close to PNL that's for sure.

kilbluff1985

Seoul

D: Newnes, T Langdon, Sutcliffe, T McKenzie
M: Dangerfield (VC), B Ellis (C), Greene, D Swallow
R: Ceglar
F: J Kelly, TJ Lynch, J Lloyd, B Matera
I/C: Whitfield, Duryea

Emerg: Jo Roughead (D), Hocking (M), T Boyd (F)

Ricochet