WXV Round 12: Saints to stand up to Rampaging Revolution?

Started by Purple 77, June 29, 2015, 04:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Ringo

Royals Team

Def: Dane Rampe; Mark Baguley; Sam Wright, Adam Saad                     
Mids: Daniel Hanneberry (C);Dannyle Pearce; Brent Stanton ; Jarrad McVeigh                                      
Rucks: Callum Sinclair                           
Fwds:Mark LeCras; Shane Edwards (VC);Chris Mayne,                      
Int:  Brad Sheppard, David MacKay                     

Emergencies: Zac Tuohy, Cory Gregson, Dan McStay                     

Purple 77

You've unfortunately missed the deadline for the Swans and Port players sorry Ringo  :-\ the game has deceptively started at 7.20 AET instead of the usual 7.50

With Hannebery, McVeigh, Rampe in that side, I can see this hurts  :-\

What you could do though, is accept a strike (no punishment) for not submitting a team, and I use your list preferences to make your squad which would include those players (and McVeigh as captain)

Ringo

Had slow PC problems Purps so am willing to take whatever you feel is fair. Lumumba and hartung out of named teams delayed my submitting and then PC issues.

Should have followed Berlins Lead and only named Swans Port Players whilst I sorted out issues.

Leave you to decide which action to take as I will accept punishment.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on July 02, 2015, 08:11:16 PM
Had slow PC problems Purps so am willing to take whatever you feel is fair. Lumumba and hartung out of named teams delayed my submitting and then PC issues.

Should have followed Berlins Lead and only named Swans Port Players whilst I sorted out issues.

Leave you to decide which action to take as I will accept punishment.

It's a shame, as I know it is genuine. But you have two options:

1) Choose a team without Sydney and Port players

2) Accept Strike 1 (no punishment, but Strike 2 is a loss in a premiership point), in which case I name a team based on preferences as shown below, but only the Syd/Port players are locked so you are free to choose the rest of your team:

D: Dane Rampe, Mark Baguley, Bradley Sheppard, Tom Lonergan
M: Jarrad McVeigh (C), Dan Hannebery (VC), Brent Stanton, David MacKay
R: Callum Sinclair
F: Danyle Pearce, Shane Edwards, Mark LeCras, Chris Mayne
I: Brent Staker, Sam Wright
E: Jason Winderlich, Zach Tuohy, Daniel McStay

Ringo

So you are saying if I take option 2 I can change any players except Port and Sydney players before bounce tomorrow night. For example I can replace Lonergan with Saad.

With the number of players I currently have out this is the best option.

DazBurg

Purps we are going to need to do the same (take the strike)

as HP had to go out to dinner at the drop of a hat so had no chance of warning me and i didn't want to take over without a response form him
by the time he had a chance to respond it was too late

his still out but i have been able to get a couple of messages back and forth and we both agreed we will need to do the strike thing as Lobbe is our only ruck and we rely heavily on westy and wingard for forwards as well

(obviously we have discussed that next time if he has nothing up by 5 i just go ahead but never had this problem pop up before now usually HP posts and on like 1 or 2 occasions we planned earlier i would)

when HP gets home he will confirm it all just so you know ;)

Jukes

That's why you guys should post a team very early, just in case shower happens on the Thursday/Friday :P

DazBurg

Quote from: Jukes on July 02, 2015, 09:33:55 PM
That's why you guys should post a team very early, just in case shower happens on the Thursday/Friday :P

personally do not like doing a team till i see the teams
think this Thursday night football screws with it all
if there was only a friday game we wouldn't being having a problem
so i blame the AFL :P

Jukes

Quote from: DazBurg on July 02, 2015, 09:36:28 PM
Quote from: Jukes on July 02, 2015, 09:33:55 PM

personally do not like doing a team till i see the teams
think this Thursday night football screws with it all
if there was only a friday game we wouldn't being having a problem
so i blame the AFL :P

#sackgillon  ;D

I always try to name my rough team within 24 hours of the thread being opened, then fine tune it when the teams come out. Better to be safe than sorry

Ringo

The 7:20 start floored me as well especially when the last 2 thursday night games were 7:50pm.

Purple 77

Yeah, its just the Thursday madness, which I think is the last one for the year.

Quote from: Ringo on July 02, 2015, 09:12:32 PM
So you are saying if I take option 2 I can change any players except Port and Sydney players before bounce tomorrow night. For example I can replace Lonergan with Saad.

With the number of players I currently have out this is the best option.

Correct.

Quote from: DazBurg on July 02, 2015, 09:25:20 PM
Purps we are going to need to do the same (take the strike)

No probs, will name your team in a few.

Purple 77

So PNL, this is your team, and you are free to change all players except for Syd/Port players.

D: Luke Hodge, Nick Malceski, Corey Enright, Marley Williams
M: Matt Priddis (C), Nathan Jones (VC), Dylan Shiel, Daniel Rich
R: Matthew Lobbe
F: Justin Westhoff, Cyril Rioli, Dane Swan, Chad Wingard
I: Farren Ray, Tom T Lynch
E: Zachary Merrett, Levi Casboult, Mitch Hallahan

Hellopplz

Yeah what Daz said :P. Sorry guys as we rarely miss any lock outs. Was out past few days as most know but then tonight was ready for teams to come up and then BAM, had to go for dinner suddenly at 6:20 ::).

Happy to take the strike to get our Port guys in, especially Lobbe as our only Ruck. And will change it up as we got somebody rested :).

Ringo

No Purps another Thursday game next week with a 7:50 start though Port and Pies at Adelaide Oval