WXVs Biggest Stage: EurAsia v The AAP Alliance

Started by Purple 77, June 17, 2015, 01:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

It's that time of the year again, where we re-ignite the epic battle of EurAsia v The AAP Alliance!

EurAsia
Dublin Destroyers
Berlin Brewers
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers
Moscow Spetnaz
London Royals
Beijing Thunder
Tokyo Samurai
Seoul Magpies
New Delhi Tigers

AAP Alliance
Mexico City Suns
New York Revolution
Christchurch Saints
Rio de Janeiro Jaguars
Pacific Islanders
Toronto Wolves
Cape Town Cobras
Cairo Sands
Buenos Aires Armadillos

As you can see above, the teams have been ranked from the most points scored to the least points scored.

That means, the coaches of the top team in EurAsia and AAP Alliance respectively are Holz and JROO8!

*applause ensues*

Hosted at the magnificent MCG, the past three years has seen the AAP Alliance victors in 2012 (CrowsFan) and 2014 (Nails), and EurAsia just once in 2013 (Ringo).

Let the hype begin!

EurAsia boast the number 1 midfielder so far this year in Nat Fyfe, the number one ruckman in Todd Goldstein, the number one forward in Robbie Gray, AND the number one defender in Luke Hodge! So it's only natural that the men taking orders from Holz would fancy themselves as favourites walking into this match.

But, look further into the top players and will you find that EurAsia have only 42, and the AAP Alliance 38 players in the top 80 averaging players this year, so in that regard it might be a bit closer than you think!

AAP's top averaging player is Leigh Montagna (2nd overall), and one wonders if JROO will hand the all important Captaincy on the gun veteran from New York. Or will it be Mr Consistent Scott Pendlebury? The Alliance unfortunately won't be led by 3 time Jim-Stynes medallist Gary Ablett Jr as has been the case in past (and still remains on their list). Christchurch coach meow meow carries with him a potential unique advantage, having previously been part of EurAsia before taking the reins of Christchurch at the end of last year... maybe he has some secrets JROO?

EurAsia will surely pick the Ablett re-incarnation as their captain? I'm talking about no other than Nat Fyfe himself, who averages an incredible 14.6 points more than the next best averaging player in the competition! Crazy!

I'm personally going to back the men from EurAsia, and even up the ledger to 2 a-piece!

PS, State of Origin will not go ahead this year  :( due to a combination of me in the middle of my exams, and limited interest in the concept of previous years. However, if people had ideas on an alternative, we could explore that  :)

Purple 77

Also, only the players from North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Geelong, GWS, West Coast and Melbourne will count this week (as they have the bye next week), and the rest of the players score will count in AFL Round 13

AND STILL A ROLLING LOCKOUT, Holz and JROO  :)

That means no editing... don't do what I just did  :P

Holz

posting up my preliminary European Destroyers side, feel free to say who should make it and who should be dropped.

L.Hodge, T.Mcdonald, A.Rance, C.Enright
N.Fyfe, P.Dangerfield, D.Hannebery, D.Mundy
T.Goldy
R.Gray, D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, D.Swan
C.Ward, M.Priddis

L.Neale, L.Franklin, N.Natinui, R.Murphy

interesting note 11 (58%) players are either from Dublin or were on a Dublin list at some point.

Jroo

AAP Alliance
D: Heath Shaw, Kade Simpson, Bachar Houli, Josh Gibson
M: Scott Pendlebury (C), Dayne Beams, Steele Sidebottom, Trent Cotchin
R: Mark Blicavs (VC)
F: Brett Deledio, Brendon Goddard, Tom Mitchell, Nick Riewoldt
U: Jordan Lewis, Leigh Montagna

EMG: Brad Ebert, Aaron Sandilands, Jack Ziebell, Shannon Hurn

The team for now. If any of the AAP Alliance coaches reckon there should be changes, feel free to let me know  :)

Also is it unlimited emergencies?

Holz

Quote from: Holz on June 17, 2015, 02:03:14 PM
posting up my preliminary European Destroyers side, feel free to say who should make it and who should be dropped.

L.Hodge, T.Mcdonald, A.Rance, C.Enright
N.Fyfe, P.Dangerfield, D.Hannebery, D.Mundy
T.Goldy
R.Gray, D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, D.Swan
C.Ward, M.Priddis

L.Neale, L.Franklin, N.Natinui, R.Murphy

interesting note 11 (58%) players are either from Dublin or were on a Dublin list at some point.

Goldy VC anf Fyfe C

i reckon goldy almost should get captaincy. playing against GWS with no ruck

Nige

Holz

Quote from: Nige on June 17, 2015, 02:13:03 PM
A Cairene made the team!  :o

he will make Europe next year when he is playing for Dublin.

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on June 17, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

Unless you managed to get Rocky, and then offered us Rocky for Beams, there is no chance of me letting Nige trade Beams :P

Nige

You've got a snowball's chance in hell, stop trying please. It's quite frankly become irritating think you can get your away all the flowering time. Tone down your ego for flowers sake.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on June 17, 2015, 02:24:17 PM

You've got a snowball's chance in hell, stop trying please. It's quite frankly become irritating think you can get your away all the flowering time. Tone down your ego for flowers sake.
clearly joking. oh well

ossie85

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 17, 2015, 01:13:18 PM
AAP Alliance victors in 2012 (No coach selected)

Poor Honey Badger! Forgotten already it seems

Ricochet

haha bad day mate?

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on June 17, 2015, 02:27:13 PM

haha bad day mate?

it's exam season. we good Nige

Ricochet

Mundy's last 5 games 103ave
Gaff's last 5 games 106ave

Make the change Holz

#NDTrepresent

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on June 17, 2015, 02:29:19 PM
Mundy's last 5 games 103ave
Gaff's last 5 games 106ave

Make the change Holz

#NDTrepresent

i am thinking of dropping Mundy but more looking at armitage, shiel, steven or punting on sloane.