WXV Round 11: A Wooden Affair: Cairo v New Delhi

Started by Purple 77, June 09, 2015, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

roo boys!

Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2015, 08:21:59 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on June 14, 2015, 08:17:11 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2015, 07:51:24 PM
how good is tmac he certainly isnt slowing down. the one week rest should do wonders.

in typical Dublin fashion he is up for sale though for a gun mid.
Does Ryan Griffen classify as one of them anymore? :P

hmm 106 average 22 year old backman for 28 year old injured 85 average mid, seems fair to me.

the more important question is pendles a gun mid any more?
With Griffen playing in a new role off half back today, I'm hoping and praying that potential DPP in the future will be the only thing that will make this trade to bring him in not look like a nightmare on my behalf.

Pendles a little down his usual output this season it must be said, but he's still not going anywhere, ever.

Purple 77

Beijing v Berlin
With 10 players so far scoring 90+ for the Brewers, it looks like Berlin will take the win home, even with Beijing looking at a score around the 145 mark.

Buenos Aires v London
London looking at a nice 140+ score, while Buenos Aires still have a lot of the game to play, but the Royals should get it done.

Christchurch v Mexico City
A defence miscalculation will leave Christchurch having to play an OOP defender (looking like Garlett), all but ruling out any chance for a contest with the impressive suns on track for a blinder.

Moscow v Seoul
Moscow will look to hit the 150 barrier again this week, with Seoul looking destined for another 120+ score, as is the norm for them this year.

New Delhi v Cairo
If you factor in Mumford's score as doubled now, then New Delhi would be 50 points ahead with one more player played! The match of the round reaching up to the standard! The Tigers would be disappointed at Captain Coniglio failing to crack the ton, especially with Beams and Hanley to come for Cairo... I'll back the Sands.

New York v Cape Town
This is a close one! New York with just the two more players to come (whoo Nathan Brown! And 74 too! Whoo!) and looking at a score around 137. Say they did score 1370, that would mean Captain Stefan, Everitt, Cotchin and Curnow would have to get 472 between them! Wow! I think I'll back the Cobras, in a thriller!

Pacific v PNL
Pacific looking at potentially a score 140+... its a shame PNL will cruise to 160+ you'd think. Both Captains played, same amount of players, but a 265 point difference, wow PNL.

Tokyo v Rio de Janeiro
An interesting match this one. Tokyo have the slight edge with Parker and Ibbotson performing, but Rio still have 8 players including captain Jacobs to come. To hard to call at the moment, but Rio sure would be glad at a likely OOP ruck from Tokyo.

Toronto v Dublin
Dublin looking at the 160 barrier, to no one's surprise. Toronto won't come close unfortunately.

Toga

:( Thought our boys were holding up well but your Dees & Saints look like they will get it done for you (even though it looked like a bunch of them were fairly quiet for most of the game!)

Will be good to see a solid effort from the boys to post a 145 or so.

Memphistopheles

Kind of wish we'd gambled on Blicavs as VC but I was rushed over the weekend.

Still if Stefan Martin guns it (Or Cotchin as I'm assuming we can still switch the C to him if we want) then we could sneak home.

Another inconsistent performance although not as bad as previous weeks.

elephants

Nige

elephants

Quote from: Nige on June 15, 2015, 03:06:22 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2015, 03:03:23 PM
Cairo goin' down
You wish.  :P

At the end of the day we've got nothing to lose. You were the one having the very early chirp last week ;)

Nige

Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2015, 03:07:13 PM
Cairo goin' down

At the end of the day we've got nothing to lose. You were the one having the very early chirp last week ;)
Eh, we're just excited about the possibility of a win. You know, since they've been few and far between this year. It's likely we won't win another game after this, so there probably won't be any more reasons to get excited and engage in quality banter.  :(

elephants

Quote from: Nige on June 15, 2015, 03:19:34 PM
Cairo goin' down

Eh, we're just excited about the possibility of a win. You know, since they've been few and far between this year. It's likely we won't win another game after this, so there probably won't be any more reasons to get excited and engage in quality banter.  :(

THERE HE GOES AGAIN! Chalking this up as a win TWICE before half the round has even been played out! :P

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2015, 03:27:12 PM
Cairo goin' down

THERE HE GOES AGAIN! Chalking this up as a win TWICE before half the round has even been played out! :P
arrogance

Holz

Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2015, 03:30:49 PM
Not sure if LeBron, or Nigey...

https://www.facebook.com/thebuzz.nba/videos/842466132527498/?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

I feel confident of going back to back because I'm the best coach in Worlds.

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on June 15, 2015, 03:28:21 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 15, 2015, 03:27:12 PM
Cairo goin' down

arrogance
(trying to show some) Confidence.  :P

Levi434

Tokyo VS Rio

310 + Shaun Burgoyne + Matt Suckling + Anthony Miles + Andrew Carrazzo + OOP Ruck + Luke Dahlhaus (cc) + HGA(Currently 26?)

VS

Bachar Houli + Andrew Walker + Patrick Cripps + Marc Murphy + Sam Jacobs (c) + Taylor Walker + Jack Riewoldt + Lewis Taylor

This will be too close.  :(  Jags will need some big scores to win this one.