WXV Round 11: A Wooden Affair: Cairo v New Delhi

Started by Purple 77, June 09, 2015, 05:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Go Broomy!

Hopefully Stewart and Davis will pick up a bit for the next half.

Toga

Phil Davis subbed off at HT according to FanFooty's game cast, so if I am correct he will be replaced by whoever our def emergency is next weekend?

Might have gotten lucky there :-X

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on June 14, 2015, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2015, 02:22:41 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on June 14, 2015, 11:56:47 AM
Getting sick of being so uncompetitive, however still over the moon to see Goldy dominating like he is  8)

only up from here RB, goldy will come on as captain.
Yeah that's the thing, watching the game I knew he'd be your captain yet was still rapt to see him yet again setting it alight. What a gun

I reckon he has deserved 1-2 AA soo far, he would have to get it this year you would think. I believe he is the most valuable player in WXV, probably just edging out former Dubliner Fyfer.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2015, 03:21:02 PM
Getting sick of being so uncompetitive, however still over the moon to see Goldy dominating like he is  8)

Yeah that's the thing, watching the game I knew he'd be your captain yet was still rapt to see him yet again setting it alight. What a gun

I reckon he has deserved 1-2 AA soo far, he would have to get it this year you would think. I believe he is the most valuable player in WXV, probably just edging out former Dubliner Fyfer.

How is he the MVP? If you took him out of your team and replaced with a lesser ruck, results wouldnt change.

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on June 14, 2015, 03:19:21 PM
Phil Davis subbed off at HT according to FanFooty's game cast, so if I am correct he will be replaced by whoever our def emergency is next weekend?

Wow, that really sucks from my point of view >:( count yourself lucky Toges lol

DazBurg

sub wasn't made official till 4 minutes into 3rd term

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 14, 2015, 03:23:36 PM
Quote from: Holz on June 14, 2015, 03:21:02 PM

How is he the MVP? If you took him out of your team and replaced with a lesser ruck, results wouldnt change.

from a trade value i dont think anyone would have more value than him on the mark. there is certainly no player i would straight swap him for.

take him out of my squad and im playing an OOP guy getting 45 at best so the guy is giving me 70 points per game and a captain option. MVP of the league in the sence your talking is fyfe as he carries berlin.

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on June 14, 2015, 03:27:55 PM

Source?

DazBurg

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 14, 2015, 03:32:13 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on June 14, 2015, 03:27:55 PM

Source?
afl match centre match feed

Q3 04:19

GWS Giants Interchange
Nathan Wilson was substituted into the game for Phil Davis.

Toga

Is that official though? That might just mean Wilson entered the game at that point, as it sounds like Davis didn't come back out after half time.

If that's your call Purps then I'm happy to go with it I guess...

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on June 14, 2015, 03:36:36 PM
Is that official though? That might just mean Wilson entered the game at that point, as it sounds like Davis didn't come back out after half time.

If that's your call Purps then I'm happy to go with it I guess...

I've texted ossie to make the decision, as it wouldn't be fair if I did.

Also, might wait a bit longer, as there will be more sources to emerge to confirm when Davis was subbed out.

DazBurg

yeah i got the game on he didn't come back after HT was still in the rooms
not sure when they make the actual call to sub though but your right pretty much subbed at HT

Toga

All good boys a bit confusing this one! You're right Purps, might be other sources to tell when he was subbed.

Match Centre doesn't make it clear either, saying he 'was' subbed - (might be a bit biased but) leads me to think that it's happened in the past, not at that particular time. What the actual time he was subbed at is the problem :P

Going to virtually kill off any chance we had if we cop his 11 though :-X

ossie85

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-13/eagles-make-light-work-of-flat-essendon-as-forwards-fire

I'd look at the official AFL match report after the match like the one above. At the bottom it says when the player is subbed

Purple 77

Quote from: Toga on June 14, 2015, 03:41:58 PM
All good boys a bit confusing this one! You're right Purps, might be other sources to tell when he was subbed.

Match Centre doesn't make it clear either, saying he 'was' subbed - (might be a bit biased but) leads me to think that it's happened in the past, not at that particular time. What the actual time he was subbed at is the problem :P

Going to virtually kill off any chance we had if we cop his 11 though :-X

I saw a tweet saying after half time too, so will be interesting, as I half think the match could rely on this  :-X