WXV Expansion

Started by ossie85, June 05, 2015, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

yeah but we get replacement teams

regarding the coaches it gets voted if they should keep there job

if voted no we look at all applicants including old coaches

Vinny

I don't want to be selfish but just saying, in a draft that is considerably weaker than previous years, Buenoes getting their first pick at 10 instead of 4 sets us back a fair bit and significantly reduces the value in what would have been one of our major trading pieces. Plus in allowing the new teams to poach, even though a few players from each team are exempt, it still allows to build a pretty damn solid core on top of all the high draft picks.

If people like it, I'm cool with it but not a fan personally at this stage.

JBs-Hawks

Every week we have teams struggling to name 15 players and we want to have two extra teams so that there is another 30 players required to play.

Wont work.

Memphistopheles

I agree with the people saying two more teams are too many. There's not enough playing players to go round and I don't want to lessen the amount of players we have to name each week. It's not the XVs then it's the XIII's or XIV's.

However, I just thought of an alternative suggestion.

How about instead of another two new teams we have another whole 18 team league - a second World XV conference if you like

I'd suggest changing the name from World XVs to the SuperCoach XVs and then we have the World Conference and then say the Australian Conference (as an example)

Here's my suggested teams for this new conference based on having two teams in every Australian state/territory and then two extra multiple teams in Victoria and one extra each in Western Australia and South Australia (the main footy states).

The coaches would have to pitch for and come up with their own nicknames for the teams (Perth Piranhas, Melbourne Masterminds, Sydney Sissies, Brisbane Bogans etc)

• Melbourne
  • Geelong
  • Ballarat
  • Bendigo
  • Sydney
  • Newcastle
  • Perth
  • Fremantle
  • Bunbury
  • Adelaide
  • Port Adelaide
  • Mount Gambier
  • Brisbane
  • Gold Coast
  • Launceston
  • Hobart
  • Darwin
  • Alice Springs

These teams have their own new draft and then we can have inter-league competitions as well as intra-league competitions, Champions League competition between teams just using the SuperCoach scoring method and more.

The new conference/league would be completely separate from each other and would have the same rules, and use the same players, as the World conference but, the new teams could develop in a totally different way from how this conference has turned out.

It might just mean that in the inter-league competitions one week JPK might find himself matched up on JPK :P

PS - Ultimately down the track I envision another two (four total) of these conferences and 72 coaches in total - that would make for a proper Champions League and make finishing in the top 4 a lot more attractive.

meow meow

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 24, 2015, 03:20:17 PM
Tehran and Stockholm have the right to poach up to 5 players each, but no more than 1 player from any team. That means each current team can lose no more than 2 players.

No more than two? If teams can have only one player poached shouldn't it be no more than one?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: meow meow on June 24, 2015, 06:37:49 PM
Tehran and Stockholm have the right to poach up to 5 players each, but no more than 1 player from any team. That means each current team can lose no more than 2 players.

No more than two? If teams can have only one player poached shouldn't it be no more than one?

Each new team can take one player from your team. Two new teams = two players your team can lose.

meow meow

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 24, 2015, 06:44:38 PM

Each new team can take one player from your team. Two new teams = two players your team can lose.

Haha that sounds remarkably simple when put in those terms.

Okay, so

1) No, 20 won't work
2) No, the new teams will have about 6 good draft picks to use or trade, and can poach 5 players. What about the rest of their lists?

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on June 24, 2015, 06:49:28 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 24, 2015, 06:44:38 PM

Haha that sounds remarkably simple when put in those terms.

Okay, so

1) No, 20 won't work
2) No, the new teams will have about 6 good draft picks to use or trade, and can poach 5 players. What about the rest of their lists?

Yeah, I wasn't too sure if I gave enough draft concessions or too many, I felt like I didn't give enough, but wanted to (initially) keep the numbers small so not to scare the other coaches.

There was also a good point about having to reduce the initial XV... I hadn't thought of that.

Keep the thoughts coming!

Ringo

Not a fan of expanding to 20 teams as teams will have difficulties in fielding teams each week.

As an alternative and a little different from Memphs

Why not split into two conferences of 12 teams each.

Compete against each other to determine each Conference Premier and then Top 2 in Each Conference play off followed by Final.

Probably needs more work on it but just thinking out loud.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Ringo on June 24, 2015, 07:34:46 PM
Not a fan of expanding to 20 teams as teams will have difficulties in fielding teams each week.

Compete against each other to determine each Conference Premier and then Top 2 in Each Conference play off followed by Final.

Doesn't this mean even more teams (12+12=24).

Or do you mean taking my idea of the two conference using the same rules and players but being separate to each other?

I reckon we could easily find another 18 WXV coaches if we needed to - WXV has always been the hardest league to get a top job in. Even I am a co-coach :P

Ringo

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 24, 2015, 07:40:21 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 24, 2015, 07:34:46 PM

Doesn't this mean even more teams (12+12=24).

Or do you mean taking my idea of the two conference using the same rules and players but being separate to each other?

I reckon we could easily find another 18 WXV coaches if we needed to - WXV has always been the hardest league to get a top job in. Even I am a co-coach :P
Picked 12 so they could run to their conclusions playing finals and then into the Conference finals to finish season.  Need to sort out the draw to ensure all works ok hence why I said need to work on it.

Purple 77

Is also an interesting idea Memph! I'd like it especially if it meant having an entirely new 18 coaches.

But, it might just end me having to administrate 36 coaches/teams. Would need another committed partner that I could easily co-ordinate with (*ahem* *probably only oz*).

We have been blessed with the fantastic coaching committee we currently have... I reckon finding 18 more would be pushing it. A concept like this would need the cohesion we have whilst doubling the players, and I think that's not within reach.

I also fear we would lose, (same 18 coaches or not), the attention/attachment/closeness with all the other teams (and even players) in the competition, which is a key unique element in our magnificent competition. Like, when I think of Scott Pendlebury, I think of Toronto. When I think Toronto, I think of great team that has lost momentum etc. And I think of roo boys  :P

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on June 24, 2015, 05:09:30 PM
Strongly opposed to a 20 team league.

In fact I think it should go down to a 16 team league. More teams means more inequality, more rules to try and fix that and in the end you have a complex comp with massive inequslity.

Always got to be different at Dublin.
Yeah I think if you want the comp to be more equal, 16 teams would be the way to go.

Quote from: Vinny on June 24, 2015, 05:43:13 PM
I don't want to be selfish but just saying, in a draft that is considerably weaker than previous years, Buenoes getting their first pick at 10 instead of 4 sets us back a fair bit and significantly reduces the value in what would have been one of our major trading pieces. Plus in allowing the new teams to poach, even though a few players from each team are exempt, it still allows to build a pretty damn solid core on top of all the high draft picks.

If people like it, I'm cool with it but not a fan personally at this stage.
And also this. Dildos, NDT, and Karen (Cairo for you simpletons) will lose a fair bit re value of draft picks for either getting young guns or trading for better players, so as Vinnamon said, from a selfish perspective it kinda bends us over and starts thrusting pretty hard.

kilbluff1985

what about a real reserves league with different players not like current one

the bottom four teams of the seniors get pushed to the juniors and the top four junior teams get pushed to seniors

teams playing each other might have same players but this was already happening in memphis idea

assistant coaches would be first in line to coach juniors if they wanted

meow meow

Just clone all the players with #9 on their back (since it's the best number for AFL players). Introduce another GAJ, Sloane, D.Beams, Nic Nat, Stringer, Goddard, Cripps, Cotchin, Gray, Swallow, Scully, Burgoyne, Trengove, James Kelly etc into the competition. Like a mirror match in the original Mortal Kombat.