Main Menu

WXV Expansion

Started by ossie85, June 05, 2015, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on June 25, 2015, 10:39:57 AM
In regards to teams not fielding 15 (basically us)... I guess this is where a low Max Cap forces depth has to be traded to those that have the room. Because I can't remember, how long has the cap been at the level it is?

Im not sure about other teams but im going over the cap with 20 players I have zero depth. Arguably less depth than some of the bottom teans.

1-2 more injuries and at some stage I eould struggle for 15. There is a reason I dropedwinjury prone players.

Purple 77

Ok, I'm going to step down from the 20 teams push. I don't think its quite possible yet. Thanks all for the discussion about it, the passion riled up is just fantastic!

@Ringo, not sure I quite understand the use of 24 teams properly. So are you proposing that the 6 new teams be formed from the strongest in each conference? Or are some players doubled up?

Ringo

To explain Purps we will be introducing 3 new teams in each conference.

So basically Players in teams in the Northern conference become available for drafting by the Southern Conference new teams as well as left overs going to draft pool and vice versa. Because of this the three teams coming in to each conference should be reasonably strong.

Really do not see any real issues with having common players across the conferences as they will be playing within the conference and with the champion overall that should be ok as well as there would differences in the teams but some players may be the same.

Hope that explains it a little better

Purple 77

Ah yes I see now, is an interesting concept!

Ringo

Thank You - just came up with it as a way to increasing teams without decreasing the number of players available to teams and helping teams have the ability to name teams. left over players in each conference will assist with the extra 3 players allowed. To make it interesting maybe keep the cap the same making the drafting a strategy to keep below cap.

Nige

Just thought I'd chime in with the fact that the poll is basically 7-10 atm in favour of keeping as is.  :P

Ringo

But bear in mind Poll was based on increasing to 20 teams which Purps has admitted would not work.  I voted for some changes which is why I put forward my suggestion which allows an expansion of teams into conferences without effecting depth.

MajorLazer

Honestly, I prefer following the model of the AFL. Gets a bit trickier when we have more teams than the competition we are following does and it mainly comes back to ruckman. Screw those guys.