McDonald vs Rance vs Birchall

Started by Elcapitano, May 21, 2015, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elcapitano

Looking to start bolstering my underperforming back line...

McDonald is the inform backman too date this year, is he worth paying that extra $50-60,000 to bring him in now.

Or can we trust Rance/Birch to hopefully push the 100pt avg from here on??

Holz

At this stage im going Mcondald over evey back and the likes of Rocky, SJ etc..

At some point you just need to reward form. the most important stats for me is lows of 95 and 92 and just as important is he is scoring big on strong opponents like sydney and freo while just as big on weak oppoents like gc and richmond.

yes your paying top dollar for him but if he keeps this form up you just need him. Its the logical move but watch it backfire as im jumping on.

Grufflez

McDonald is your A+ it would appear while Rance and Birch are your A's, get what you pay for.....

RaisyDaisy

As a McDonald owner I would say him for sure, but at the same time I want him to be as unique as possible lol

If you cant use the extra cash, then grab him, but if you can then grab Rance or Birch

AaronKirk

There is no way in the world I would pay that much for McDonald, regardless of his excellent form.

Rance and Birch are decent options, but i still feel Bob is a better option than those 2.

Bob 4x 100+
Rance 3x 100+
Birch 2x 100+

Bob has had a couple of poorer scores but all defenders will have them as some stage.

Bully

I want McDonald but i will be waiting for a dud score to roll through. Two tried and trusted rules of SC are KP players always have off days & very few defenders jump from a 70 average to a 105 average in a season. I think he will finish the season on 95 but that will also entail some downs. I keep reminding myself of Matthew Jaensch from last season. 

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on May 21, 2015, 02:55:24 PM
There is no way in the world I would pay that much for McDonald, regardless of his excellent form.

Rance and Birch are decent options, but i still feel Bob is a better option than those 2.

Bob 4x 100+
Rance 3x 100+
Birch 2x 100+

Bob has had a couple of poorer scores but all defenders will have them as some stage.

Works both ways though

Bob's had 2 shockers, where as Rance has only had 1 and Birch hasn't at all (76 low)

I would say all 3 are more than good enough for a prem spot this year, and that's all that really matters, but Rance has the ceiling, Bob has the odd shocker and Birch is the most consistent within the 80-100 range

All being Rd11 byes too makes them delicious upgrades right now

Personally, I'd rank them in order of Rance/Birchall/Bob, but we are seriously talking a bee's d!ck in it

Marcon

Perfect time to add a pole.

For what it worth, im passing on Mac as i dont want to break the bank, and i feel as if Rance and Birch are consistent and proven enough to get the job done.

colmullet

Worrying about defense a little later, with Rocky/Buddy and co sitting mid 400's in price i think that's a bit to good to pass up

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 21, 2015, 03:29:00 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on May 21, 2015, 02:55:24 PM

Bob 4x 100+
Rance 3x 100+
Birch 2x 100+

Works both ways though

Bob's had 2 shockers, where as Rance has only had 1 and Birch hasn't at all (76 low)

I would say all 3 are more than good enough for a prem spot this year, and that's all that really matters, but Rance has the ceiling, Bob has the odd shocker and Birch is the most consistent within the 80-100 range

All being Rd11 byes too makes them delicious upgrades right now

Personally, I'd rank them in order of Rance/Birchall/Bob, but we are seriously talking a bee's d!ck in it

I rate them Bob/Birchall/Rance

I will be getting Birch in the next couple of weeks as well.

Bob has gone 90+ in a season twice, Birch 3 times, Rance over a season has not gone 90+

All of Rance's high scores are against teams you would not expect (maybe dogs) to feature in finals.

97 v Geelong and 58 v North when he has to be more accountable on opposition KPP forwards/resting ruck.

I need to see him play more against top 8 sides before bringing him in. The next 3 weeks will be a test for him.

shaker

Quote from: colmullet on May 21, 2015, 04:03:27 PM
Worrying about defense a little later, with Rocky/Buddy and co sitting mid 400's in price i think that's a bit to good to pass up

Yeah same here I'm going to finish the rest of the team before I even think about the backs they have just been pain since round 1 >:(

Frozensage

isn't the name of the game pick players when they hit bottom not when someone has a potential breakout year and get them when they have peaked?

If I wasn't upgrading mid and fwd first I'd still like to get bob.

bottlemart

I'm seriously looking at thurlow at low $400's.  How does he compare with the 4 above.

Holz

Quote from: Frozensage on May 21, 2015, 05:23:49 PM
isn't the name of the game pick players when they hit bottom not when someone has a potential breakout year and get them when they have peaked?

If I wasn't upgrading mid and fwd first I'd still like to get bob.

the aim is get the best players in your team as quick as you can. If Tmac is the David Swallow of last year than we need him.

Holden the ball

i would say birchall because even though tmac is killing it best to have a player who isn't a key defender